Yangshuo Travel Answers

change location

Liu Sanjie Light Show

by diversandy123 Online Now Jul 30, 2010 at 6:47 AM

We are visiting Yangshuo in September and wondered whether we need to get tickets for the light show before we come. Also, if we booked the C Area is the system that the earlier you come the nearer the front or are you allocated seats with your tickets. That is if you even get seats !!! Do you ??? Does anybody know how far away from the Li River retreat the Light Show is ? How long would it take to walk ? Thanks in anticipation of some replies. x

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Re: Liu Sanjie Light Show

by hawkhead Online Now Jul 30, 2010 at 8:06 AM

We went to the Light Show in April. As far as I can remember, wherever you sit you will be able to have a good view. Yes, you do get seats but they are VERY hard after a while!! I think the seats are allocated with the ticket. I also remember that it was quite buggy. Mixed reviews from our party - some liked it, some liked some of it, some were bored stiff, others were happy to go after half an hour! It doesn't exactly move along at a sparkling pace - I would have been happy to go after half an hour, as I found it very repetitive and slow. Still, it's an experience. Btw, the auditorium is very large and it took us ages and ages to find our way out 'cos there were so many people. A bit like leaving Wembley through one exit!! No idea how far the site is from the Li River Retreat but I do know there is a long drive in off the main road.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines