Yang Thang

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ferry Service HCMC to Vung Tau

Vietnam 10 hours ago

Is there any updates on when the ferry service from HCMC to Vung Tau will resume if ever ?
      Regards
      bkc1000

more
    • Need help on tour guide's quotation

Hanoi Nov 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Me along with friends (4 pax) are travelling to Hanoi during 24 Dec - 28 Dec. I am checking with English guided tour guides in online and they have given me 2 options as below with rate of 350 USD & 775 USD. I find these rates are crazy. Can you guys help me to validate it. Is it really that costly? What are alternatives for me to get cheaper guided tours?

I, option 1 : Hanoi city tour- Sapa
      1, 25-Dec: Hanoi city tour start at 8:30. We will visit below interesting places:
      -Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and his house
      -Temple of Literature
      Lunch time at an Indian restaurant
      -Vietnam museum of Ethnology
      - Hanoi Old quarter
      The tour will be end around 16:00
      2, Sapa by train (3 days/2nights) (from 25-Dec to 28-Dec)
      The train to Sapa will depart in the evening at 21:15 and arrive Lao Cai at 06:15
      So 25-Dec, 20:15 Pick-up at the hotel. T.sfer to railway station for a night train to Sa Pa
      Day1 (26-Dec): Lao Cai – Cat Cat – Sin Chai Villages (B,L,D)
      AM: 7h30 arrive Lao Cai, pick up at Lao Cai Station then T.sfer to Sapa (35km). You will have breakfast in the hotel, check in hotel (3 stars) .After lunch trek to Cat Cat and Sin Chai villages of Black H’Mong tribe .Enjoy the waterfall in Cat Cat and beautiful scenery along the way . Back to hotel for dinner and enjoy the night in Sapa town .
      App .4 hours trekking – 8 km .- Meals: B – L – D Accommodation: Hotel.
      Day 2 (27-Dec): Lao Chai – Ta Van Villages – Lao Cai Station (B,L)
      After breakfast you will check out and leave your luggage in the hotel, get ready for the trip. Trek down to Lao Chai village to visit the Tay and Day tribes then keep going along the bottom of the Sapa valley to get to Ta Van village which is supposed to be the most beautiful one in the area. Have a picnic lunch on the way. You go back to Sapa by motorbike/jeep. Back to Lao Cai Station by private car .Overnight at the A/C soft sleeper cabin train to Hanoi . The train will start at 20:15 date 27-Dec and arrive Hanoi at 4:30 AM date 28-Dec
      Included:

• • Private car for Hanoi city tour and lunch at Indian restaurant,

• Pick up in Hanoi city for Sapa tour
      • Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi (A/C soft sleeper 4 berths cabin)
      • A/C tourist car during Group Tour in Lao Cai – Sa Pa – Lao Cai
      • 2 private room in a 3 star hotel in sapa
      • Meals as indicated: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D= Dinner, with vegetarian foods
      • English speaking guide
      • EnT.ce fee
      Excluded:
      • International & domestic flight ticket
      • Visa arrangement
      • Drinks, travel insurance, other meals

Price: USD345/pax

II, option 2: Hanoi-Mai chau- Ninh Ninh
      date 25-Dec: Hanoi - Mai Chau, homestay (L,D)
      8am: Depart from Hanoi by private vehicle to Mai Chau Village. the gateway to the impressive mountainous area of northern Vietnam. The drive is very nice with stunning view of mountains, valleys, sugarcane farms and rice paddies. We would have a stop enroute for refreshment. Keep our driving up to Mai Chau. We reach Mai Chau at about 12:00 noon. Enjoy lunch in a local house.
      In the afternoon, we will take a loop walk through surrounding rice paddies and villages around Mai Chau, in here you will see how local people working, plan and harvest water rice. You will also see animals like buffaloes, pigs, cats, goats…freely around. Walk back to the village.
      After dinner you will have a chance to see special tradition Thai’s dance until late evening.
      Overnight in the stilt house with the friendly Thai ethnic people.

Date 26-Dec: Mai Chau – Ninh Binh (B,L,D)
      Breakfast in the home stay and then T.sfer to Ninh Binh. Visit Temple of Dinh and Le Dynasties. Riding bicycle to Tam Coc for lunch. After lunch take the rowing boat to visit Tam Coc (Three Grottos) the mountains & caves regarded as "Ha Long Bay‘s in land".
      Move to Bich Dong (Jade Grotto) to visit the pagoda which situated on the mountain where the film "Indochina” was took place. Overnight in Ninh Binh.
      Date 27-Dec: Ninh Binh – Hanoi (B,L,D)
      After breakfast, check out hotel and will go to Bai Dinh pagoda. Bai Dinh pagoda is a large population known as many records such as: the largest pagoda of Vietnam, the biggest gold - plated copper of Asia and the longest lobby in Asia. The pagoda is located at the western of the ancient capital Hoa Lu, belonging to Gia Sinh commune, Ninh Binh. It is far about 15 kilometers from Ninh Binh province and 95 kilometers from Hanoi. Bai Dinh Pagoda population has the area of 539 hectares including 27 hectares of ancient Bai Dinh pagoda, 80 hectares of new Bai Dinh area.
      End the tour and go back to Hanoi around 17:00
      Date 28-Dec: Hanoi city tour start at 8:30.
      We will visit below interesting places:
      -Temple of Literature
      - Hanoi Old quarter
      The tour will be end around 15:00

PACKAGE PRICE : 778 USD/ 1 PAX
      Costs include:
      - T.sportation
      - Homestay in Mai Chau
      - 4 Stars hotel in Ninh Binh or resort
      - Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners in Itinerary with with vegetarian foods
      - EnT.ce and sightseeing fees
      - Tradition Thai’s dance showing
      - English speaking guide
      Costs exclude:
      • Visa arrangement
      • Tips & personal expenses.

more
    • kin79's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

Nha Trang Nov 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Hi.. I plan to visit N/T in Jan and do my basic open water diving. Wanted to know which islands are good to see marine life and if the waters are clear. Also which is a good diving school.

Thanks

Neha

more
    • Antique Maps of Vietnam

Ho Chi Minh City Nov 15, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Looking to buy an old map of Indo-China, or Vietnam. Any suggestions other than Le Cong Kieu street?

more
    • sejmer's Profile Photo

Ceramics in Bat Trang

Hanoi Nov 5, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Does anybody know how much it would cost to let ceramics ( a vase around 100 cm high ) to be shipped to Europe
      ( Sweden in my case ). What I can read from internet is the price at the spot. I would need the total costs including customs etc. Anyone who has a personal experience of this ? Are the sellers reliable?

Thanks in advance
      Sejmer

more
    • Need help on tour guide's quotation

Hanoi Nov 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Me along with friends (4 pax) are travelling to Hanoi during 24 Dec - 28 Dec. I am checking with English guided tour guides in online and they have given me 2 options as below with rate of 350 USD & 775 USD. I find these rates are crazy. Can you guys help me to validate it. Is it really that costly? What are alternatives for me to get cheaper guided tours?

I, option 1 : Hanoi city tour- Sapa
      1, 25-Dec: Hanoi city tour start at 8:30. We will visit below interesting places:
      -Temple of Literature
      - Hanoi Old quarter
      The tour will be end around 16:00
      2, Sapa by train (3 days/2nights) (from 25-Dec to 28-Dec)
      The train to Sapa will depart in the evening at 21:15 and arrive Lao Cai at 06:15
      So 25-Dec, 20:15 Pick-up at the hotel. T.sfer to railway station for a night train to Sa Pa
      Day1 (26-Dec): Lao Cai – Cat Cat – Sin Chai Villages (B,L,D)
      AM: 7h30 arrive Lao Cai, pick up at Lao Cai Station then T.sfer to Sapa (35km). You will have breakfast in the hotel, check in hotel (3 stars) .After lunch trek to Cat Cat and Sin Chai villages of Black H’Mong tribe .Enjoy the waterfall in Cat Cat and beautiful scenery along the way . Back to hotel for dinner and enjoy the night in Sapa town .
      App .4 hours trekking – 8 km .- Meals: B – L – D Accommodation: Hotel.
      Day 2 (27-Dec): Lao Chai – Ta Van Villages – Lao Cai Station (B,L)
      After breakfast you will check out and leave your luggage in the hotel, get ready for the trip. Trek down to Lao Chai village to visit the Tay and Day tribes then keep going along the bottom of the Sapa valley to get to Ta Van village which is supposed to be the most beautiful one in the area. Have a picnic lunch on the way. You go back to Sapa by motorbike/jeep. Back to Lao Cai Station by private car .Overnight at the A/C soft sleeper cabin train to Hanoi . The train will start at 20:15 date 27-Dec and arrive Hanoi at 4:30 AM date 28-Dec
      Included:

• • Private car for Hanoi city tour and lunch at Indian restaurant,

• Pick up in Hanoi city for Sapa tour
      • Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi (A/C soft sleeper 4 berths cabin)
      • A/C tourist car during Group Tour in Lao Cai – Sa Pa – Lao Cai
      • 2 private room in a 3 star hotel in sapa
      • Meals as indicated: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D= Dinner, with vegetarian foods
      • English speaking guide
      • EnT.ce fee
      Excluded:
      • Visa arrangement

Price: USD345/pax

II, option 2: Hanoi-Mai chau- Ninh Ninh
      date 25-Dec: Hanoi - Mai Chau, homestay (L,D)
      8am: Depart from Hanoi by private vehicle to Mai Chau Village. the gateway to the impressive mountainous area of northern Vietnam. The drive is very nice with stunning view of mountains, valleys, sugarcane farms and rice paddies. We would have a stop enroute for refreshment. Keep our driving up to Mai Chau. We reach Mai Chau at about 12:00 noon. Enjoy lunch in a local house.
      In the afternoon, we will take a loop walk through surrounding rice paddies and villages around Mai Chau, in here you will see how local people working, plan and harvest water rice. You will also see animals like buffaloes, pigs, cats, goats…freely around. Walk back to the village.
      After dinner you will have a chance to see special tradition Thai’s dance until late evening.
      Overnight in the stilt house with the friendly Thai ethnic people.

Date 26-Dec: Mai Chau – Ninh Binh (B,L,D)
      Breakfast in the home stay and then T.sfer to Ninh Binh. Visit Temple of Dinh and Le Dynasties. Riding bicycle to Tam Coc for lunch. After lunch take the rowing boat to visit Tam Coc (Three Grottos) the mountains & caves regarded as "Ha Long Bay‘s in land".
      Move to Bich Dong (Jade Grotto) to visit the pagoda which situated on the mountain where the film "Indochina” was took place. Overnight in Ninh Binh.
      Date 27-Dec: Ninh Binh – Hanoi (B,L,D)
      After breakfast, check out hotel and will go to Bai Dinh pagoda. Bai Dinh pagoda is a large population known as many records such as: the largest pagoda of Vietnam, the biggest gold - plated copper of Asia and the longest lobby in Asia. The pagoda is located at the western of the ancient capital Hoa Lu, belonging to Gia Sinh commune, Ninh Binh. It is far about 15 kilometers from Ninh Binh province and 95 kilometers from Hanoi. Bai Dinh Pagoda population has the area of 539 hectares including 27 hectares of ancient Bai Dinh pagoda, 80 hectares of new Bai Dinh area.
      End the tour and go back to Hanoi around 17:00
      Date 28-Dec: Hanoi city tour start at 8:30.
      We will visit below interesting places:
      -Temple of Literature
      - Hanoi Old quarter
      The tour will be end around 15:00

PACKAGE PRICE : 778 USD/ 1 PAX
      Costs include:
      - T.sportation
      - Homestay in Mai Chau
      - 4 Stars hotel in Ninh Binh or resort
      - Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners in Itinerary with with vegetarian foods
      - EnT.ce and sightseeing fees
      - Tradition Thai’s dance showing
      - English speaking guide
      Costs exclude:
      • Visa arrangement
      • Tips & personal expenses.

more
    • sbarsby's Profile Photo

Guide to Support Bicycle Tour

Hanoi Nov 18, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Hi,
      My daughter (age 47) and I are cycling from Hanoi to Hoi An beginning mid March 2015. I'll be going on solo to HCMC from there. We think we need a guide with a van for support. So I'm looking for advice on whether we can wait until we get to Hanoi to worry about it (we have two full free days there), and what we should expect to pay. We are not high-end travelers. Thanks.

more
    • Express bus HCM to BMT

Buon Ma Thuot 7 hours ago

Anyone have clues to the Express bus SGN/HCM to Buon Ma Thuot ? 18hrs listed for regular bus and I don't wish to fly.

Richard older Uc Dai Loi (Aussie) traveller

more
    • Motorcross trip 3-4days 1nov riders wanted

Hanoi Oct 29, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Hi

I am wanting to do get a group of riders together for 3-4 day off road tour from Hanoi. Anyone interested. Would like to leave on the 1st nov.

more
    • Photography Trip

Vietnam Nov 16, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Thinking of going to Saigon in March for photographs - both city and landscape photos .. I'll be alone and I'm 68 yrs old and never traveled to this area of the world before ... what should I watch out for, and best Hotels to stay in. Best meaning looking for a little luxury and good service, close to sights around town I can photograph. Also, best landscape photo ops' ??

more
    • Avoiding Tours in Sapa

Sapa Nov 12, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Can anyone recommend dome good treks in Sapa which we can do without a guide? My partner and I hate guided tours and prefer to make things up as we go along, so we want to just take a trek by ourselves. Are there any good destinations or villages which can be trekked to within one day - besides Cat Cat village?

more
    • Guided Tours in Hanoi

Hanoi Nov 25, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Hi I am planning to visit Hanoi/Sapa during 24 Dec - 28 Dec (we are 4 people together). I searched for english speaking tour guides online and in touch with 2-3 guides who will give me customized packages (excluding airfare + hotel accommodation). I am surprised to know that they are charging 300 USD - 700 USD/person. Does it really cost so much for personal guides?
      Can you tell me what are other alternatives for guided tours. Do we get in Hanoi itself? Anyone can give some contact point. Thanks.

more
    • travel tip

Vietnam Oct 30, 2014 at 5:28 AM

If you are going to south and central vietnman, where would you spend 5 full days?

more
    • candy86's Profile Photo

14 days are enough to visit Vietnam?

Vietnam Nov 11, 2014 at 6:52 PM

We are planning to visit Vietnam in next Dec in 14 days from North to South, many places to visit in Vietnam. Please advise places we should not miss there, is it so cold in that month?

more
    • ambar_bs's Profile Photo

Myanmar or Vietnam?

Vietnam Nov 9, 2014 at 2:09 AM

Hi!

I am planning for a 10 days solo trip during the end of Jan next year. Would love to have your recommendations. My interests are mainly in:

1. Meeting new people.
      2. Visiting ancient temples/pagodas/other archeological structures.
      3. Landscapes.
      4. Food.
      5. Adventurous treks.

Thanks in advance!

more
    • Traveling with 3 kids

Vietnam Nov 21, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Hi Everyone,
      My husband and I are traveling to Vietnam with our 3 kids ( twins 5 yrs and infant 1 yr). This is our first time traveling to Vietnam with our kids. We wanted to visit the following places: Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang, and Hue. Since we're traveling with kids, will it be better to join a tour or go in our own? Any advise or recommendation will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

more
    • Money in vietnam

Vietnam Nov 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Which currency is best to have in Vietnam. US dollars or Viet dong or a mixture?

more