Yalta Travel Answers

change location
VMarjanski's Profile Photo

Is there any good camping site (tent) in Yalta or nearby?

by VMarjanski Online Now Apr 20, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Hi,

Is there any good camping site (tent) in Yalta or nearby and what are the prices?
If not, could you please recommend me cheap accommodation (about15E per person)?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • IngaA's Profile Photo

Re: Is there any good camping site (tent) in Yalta or nearby?

by IngaA Online Now Apr 21, 2009 at 7:42 AM

Yalta is usually expensive place to stay. Especially in summer time. The most probably you won't find anything descent for 15Euro :(
    I'd try some villages nearby, from so-called 'Grand Yalta' (Bolshaja Yalta in Russian), for example, Masandra and surroundings

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Is there any good camping site (tent) in Yalta or nearby?

by Gritz_Scherban Online Now Apr 22, 2009 at 6:52 AM

I don't think that you'll find something like that there.
    Campings probably do not exist at all (maybe i'm wrong but correct me somebody if that so), maybe wildcamping is possible but extremely dificult. Yalta and it's vicinity is heavily overbuilded, mostly fenced and mercilessly comercially exploited area. Personally i think that there is nothing to do in this region for campers and backpackers. I have not been in southern Crimea for more than 10 years since time when "business" activity started to ruin this place charm.

If you'll ocassionally travel to eastern part of peninsula maybe i'll be able to help somehow (i'm going there with my mountainbike for the whole summer and i know region well - wildcamping is possible in some places). Anyway be warned that ticks are very active in forests from late april till early july and beware of poisonous snakes (vipers are very active this year if this is not a journalists joke).

I can't promise anything 'cause i'm not a "guide" or some sort, in any case feel free to mail me gritz@ua.fm

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines