Yalta Travel Answers

change location
Casual_Ad's Profile Photo

Visiting Yalta

by Casual_Ad Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 3:51 AM

hi there,

I will be coming to Yalta in the beginning of August and I'm intended to stay at Yalta Hotel Complex. I've check their website but would like to get some info from someone who has stayed there.

My second question is: what is the best/cheapest way to go from Simferopol Airport to this hotel or to Yalta in general.... cost of tax, bus etc...

Appreciate any comments.

Cheers

Quote & Answer
9 Answers
  • nhoolb's Profile Photo

Re: Visiting Yalta

by nhoolb Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 4:11 AM

It is an enormous complex with lots of bars and restaurants. I always stayed there, last time now some 3 or 4 years ago. I liked it. If I remember correctly I payed my driver 50 USD one-way SIP-Yalta.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lotharlerch's Profile Photo

by lotharlerch Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 3:32 PM

From Simferopol to Yalta are enough transport options. The trolleybus (worlds longest trolleybus line) might be the cheapest, cdosts only a few percent of a taxi. And if the trolleybuses are too crowded you can be sure that there isenough alternative transport offered in Simferopol. And from the trolleybus terminal in yalta you can always get enough taxis to your hotel.

• Old_N's Profile Photo

by Old_N Online Now Jul 24, 2007 at 5:53 AM

From airport goes minibus to Railway station(about USD 0.4) and then bus to Yalta(departs railway station every 10 -15 min )(1hour 40 min drive about USD 5).

• Casual_Ad's Profile Photo

by Casual_Ad Online Now Jul 24, 2007 at 7:57 AM

Thanks to all of you.... there seems to be lots of verities... of course i will leave the taxi as a last resort :))

so Pikine would you give me the taxi's phone number just in case.

Regards,

• Casual_Ad's Profile Photo

by Casual_Ad Online Now Jul 26, 2007 at 12:30 AM

Hi Pikine,
    Thanks for the number and the info…

The reason I won’t go to Western Europe for vacation anymore is that I don’t want to pay a 100 Euro for a taxi... I could get an air-fare for that a mount…. I’m coming to Ukraine to have fun not to save money but moderation is good even if you are a rich guy.... I would rather give it away than wasting it on unworthy thing. Besides sweating is good....and it’s part of the experience... I go to gym for sweating :)

But I agree,35 is not too much for such a rid.

Regards,

• Re: Visiting Yalta

by stevenlacey Online Now Jul 27, 2007 at 7:12 AM

Hi I stayed at Hotel Yalta and very much enjoyed it. It is a really nice Hotel and is a bit like a complex, really nice swimming pool, access to beach, nice club - if you like that kind of thing, very safe, and great views. I think you will have a nice time at this hotel.

All best

Steve

• taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

by taurean_traveller Online Now Jul 27, 2007 at 7:49 AM

Quite honestly for me I would choose the mini buses everytime.
    They are comfortable and cheap.The taxi would be a little quicker,but I have used the mini buses from Simferopol station and they are good and run often

• franko_uk's Profile Photo

by franko_uk Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 1:04 AM

Hello all, this is a little off-topic, but I hoped someone could help.

I will be visiting Burgas in Bulgaria, arriving friday 17th August (this week!). Does anyone know if its possible to travel from Burgas to Yalta by boat over the Black Sea? If possible, how long does this take? I'd like to visit some friends there.

Thank you.

• franko_uk's Profile Photo

by franko_uk Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Pikine, thanks for your reply. I think I can stop asking everybody about this idea now. I have friends who will be in Yalta from the 18th of August for a week, I'll only be available for Monday/tuesday 20th/21st, so to try to travel there to meet them is now totally unrealistic!

It was just a nice idea to try to take an opportunity to see them, but clearly a trip from Burgas/Bulgaria to Yalta/Ukraine needs a lot more time and thought!

Thanks anyway!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines