Travel Answers
Yale

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• We will be driving from Whistler through to Jasper and staying overnight on way.

Kamloops Jan 5, 2015 at 6:01 PM

The question what is better, to stay at Kamloops or Sun Peaks. We will only be staying one night but is there more to see or do at Sun Peaks?

more
    • Visitor attractions

Vancouver Dec 30, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Would appreciate some advice as to the pros and cons of the following attractions - we have a1/2 days in Vancouver and the following list might well have very similar exhibits - equally some of these might well be orientated to children rather than adults

Visit Kilby Historic site – quirky opening times - seems a little small
      Klahowya village in Stanley Park - presume that this is more of a craft village
      Britannia Village National Historic Site
      Gastown historic end of Vancouver
      London Heritage Farm Richmond -
      Burnaby Village Museum – MUST GO ON MONDAY AS MARKET = could this be a better option than Kilby Historic site

Plan to visit June/July - are there any aboriginal displays

Hoping someone can help - wishing everyone a Happy New Year albeit a little early. Thanx

more
    • What is the best phone reception for SIM card when travelling Rockies.

Vancouver Jan 9, 2015 at 12:06 PM

As usual when travelling to another country we need to purchase a sim card for our mobile phones. What company provides the best reception in remote areas such as Rockies. Whistler to Jasper and Banff.?

more
    • What is ideal location to base yourself for 3 night stay using public transport

Victoria Jan 5, 2015 at 5:59 PM

We will be staying for 3 nights in Mid July, catching a ferry from Vancouver. What ferry terminal would we arrive at In Victoria and are there buses that travel into town. We basically want to do the tourist things e.g. Buchard Gardens, hop on hop off bus and sightseeing. What part of Victoria do you think we should stay?

more
    • therussianvillage's Profile Photo

1 week in Vancouver, overseas tourists

Vancouver Jan 5, 2015 at 5:49 AM

Partner and I are visiting US & Canada in June/July, first overseas trip from Australia. Would very much appreciate some feedback/tips on where to stay and what to do! We are spending 1 week in Vancouver...We would like to visit Whistler for the day, spend a day at Grouse mountain and do some walking around the city to see the sights...we are particularly interested in the arts/crafts and would really like to experience the culture and vibe of Vancouver, it looks wonderful...excited to experience something other than sunny Australia. Thankyou .

more
    • Itinerary/things to do

Vancouver Island Dec 30, 2014 at 3:14 AM

As will be seen from previous question we plan to visit end of June

Proposed itinerary - really need some helpful practical suggestions as to what to see/ferry routes

Depart Horseshoe Bay crossing to Nanaimo Bay - do we need to book this crossing as we will have a car??

Drive to Victoria - suggestions as to what to see greatly appreciated

Day 2 Circular tour from Victoria - Lake Cowichan - Port Renfrew - Sooke - Victoria - OK long day - Google calculates 4hr 29 264 KM - not so sure going on the coast via Sooke would have preferred to have cut back in through national park - or what looks like national park on map but showing no roads - may be the costal route is picturesque

Is it worth visiting Campbell River

Costing of inside passage from Port Hardy-Port Rupert seems horribly expensive and we simply can't afford it . Also we do not do small boats only major drive on ferries - so trips to islands would not be possible

Depart via Toll Bridge from Victoria to Port Angeles - any idea of fees as website seems ambiguous

Many thanks

more
    • Car trip to Whistler, Jasper Banff etc

Vancouver Dec 28, 2014 at 9:29 PM

I am contemplating doing a car trip from Vancouver, stopping overnight at Whistler,Kamloops,Jasper, Lake Loiuse, Banff before finishing at Calgary where I will then fly on to Montreal and Quebec.
      What would be enough nights at Whistler,Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff. I would definitely only be staying 1 night at Kamloops and Calgary. Would I only need 1 night at Banff, Whistler or Jasper. We are seniors and basically want to look at scenery and towns. No bush walks etc.

more
    • ThisWorldAndI's Profile Photo

Vancouver - view from the tallest building

Vancouver Dec 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM

My dad is visiting Vancouver and he has been asking me if it would be possible to view the city from some of the tallest buildings in Vancouver Downtown.
      Would someone by any chance know if this is possible and how is one supposed to go about it?

Thanks.

more