change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Help choosing a village?!

Rhodes (Island) Feb 28, 2015 at 4:10 AM

Hi All,

My partner and I will be visiting Rhodes for just over 2 weeks towards the end of May and are struggling to find the best place to stay.

We will be hiring a car and planning on exploring to find secluded more intimate beaches but love the history and hustle and bustle of the old town. We want to stay clear of the new town but since we will have a car to park are concerened about booking to stay in the old town.

We were thinking about villages just outside of the old town so we can travel in in the afternoon/evenings. Does anyone have any suggestions of alternative ideas?

We aren't big fans of built up resorts and ideally want to stay in a traditional but nice b&b??

No amount of research seems to answer our questions :{

Thanks in advanced
      Lauren :)

more
    • Villa recommendations,

Corfu Island Feb 15, 2015 at 2:23 PM

Budget Villa needed in June, good sandy beech(s), easy to get for attractions... It's a lot to ask I know but I can hope...
      Thanks

more
    • How to plan a day in mykonos

Mykonos Feb 13, 2015 at 2:32 AM

hi i will be reaching mykonos early may. around 9 pm our flight lands. so please suggest how do i make most out of my short stay. the next day i will be in mykonos and on the following day i will leave for santorini...we would like to party till late night visit the beaches and tour the town, as well as visit little venice and the wind mills... so please suggest how do i squeeze in all of this. i plan to hire a scooter or bike.

more
    • Best place to visit with 11 month old baby

Crete Island Yesterday

Hi We are planning a holiday to crete beginning September, would like to know which part of the island is best to visit that time of year. Also do you have any hotel reccomendations to stay with 11 month old baby.We are looking for a spacious place near the beach, good tradtional greek cuisine close by , nice beaches not too far. Many thanks

more
    • lewis-gunn's Profile Photo

taxi in town

Kos Mar 1, 2015 at 8:33 AM

What is the cost of say a 5 min journey to a local hotel from the town centre

more
    • Can we get to beaches from Fira

Santorini Island Feb 19, 2015 at 5:46 PM

We will be in port for one day can we get from town of fira to the beaches?

more
    • the Island of Santorini volcanos or beaches

Greece Feb 19, 2015 at 5:32 PM

Has anyone gone on a tour to see volcanos in Santorini? Im unsure if I want to see the beaches which I was told were beautiful or the volcanos

Thanks Diane

more
    • Visa Requirements for Syrian

Greece Feb 23, 2015 at 3:57 PM

Hi

I am Mark from Syria and I live in Turkey. I wanna visit Greece for tourism but I do not know what shall I do to get a Visa. please help me

thank you

more
    • celino's Profile Photo

accommodation.

Nisos Antikythira Feb 13, 2015 at 2:58 PM

hi, in early June I want to visit the island of Antikythira, can you give me some indications on where to stay?
      thank you
      celino.

more
    • Taxi transfer from airport

Lindos Feb 15, 2015 at 1:22 AM

Hi,

can anyone tell me a name of a taxi firm I can pre-book to take a family of 4 from Rhodes airport to Lindos, or is it best just to pick one up on arrival?

Thanks.

more
    • Easter in Thessaloniki

Greece Mar 2, 2015 at 2:57 AM

Hello everyone!
      My question is what can someone do in Easter in Thessaloniki, where in better to stay (for about 3-4 days).
      Any advice is welcome.
      Thanks in advance!

more
    • travel.mania's Profile Photo

Things to see in Athens

Athens Feb 22, 2015 at 9:27 PM

I am going to Athens, Greece next week. I welcome any suggestions to places to see. things to do. Things to buy.

more
    • pritj's Profile Photo

How to start planning??

Skopelos Feb 17, 2015 at 3:53 PM

I m planning to visit Greece this year (August), including Athens and main islands (Mikonos, Santorini) plus Skopelos.
      13 days are enough? Is it easy to get from Athens to Skopelo? If so, is it too expensive? I d like to save money as much as possible..

more
    • Best place to stay in Samos/recommended things to do/see?

Greece Feb 14, 2015 at 3:39 AM

So after much trawling the net and great suggestions from fellow travellers on here have managed to decide on Samos as our chosen summer holiday destination (it seems to have a good balance of all that we are looking for from our holiday...beautiful beaches/scenery, ruins/sights, day trips and most importantly real Greek charm).
      Before proceed with a booking wanted some advice on a good place to stay.
      We are a small family, not into resort style/18-30 holidays! We will not be driving so need advice on which part would be best to stay as a base (would like at least a beach/village with shops/taverns nearby) and can then obv take the bus/boat for daytrips etc and prob not too far from the airport (don't mind about 30/40mins away).
      Also could you recommend the sights/trips too! We are looking at 7-10days.
      Many thanks in adv :-)

more
    • MrPP's Profile Photo

My First visit with Family

Rhodes (Island) Feb 21, 2015 at 5:47 AM

I will be coming late July and staying in Kiotari near Lindos. There will be 5 in the family and i was wondering the best way and cost to get from airport to Kiotari

more
    • Advice for best island for family holiday in Greece

Greece Feb 13, 2015 at 6:54 AM

Hello, we are looking to visit Greece towards the end of July. We last visited Greece 7years ago, went island hopping (Santorini, Naxos & Ios) my son now 9yrs, was only 2 at the time so doesn't have any recollection of the amazing time we had.

We will visit towards the end of July for 7-10days.

Our requirements, so that you have a better understanding of what we are looking for in a holiday ...

• Needs to be a place that has an aiport (doesn't have to be international as can transfer from Athens). I don't really like the idea of ferries as think it becomes complicated trying to get flight times to coincide with ferry times, what if there are delays/bad weather etc.)
      • We definately want to be in a place where we feel like we are in Greece, eat Greek food, hear&seeGreek music /dancing and see Greek architecture ,ruins etc)
      • We DON'T want to be anywhere where it gets roudy ie 18-30s clubs. We want a good atmosphere but not 'Brits behaving badly sort'! (Yes we visited Ios but only for 2 night as we had friends who ran a hotel there and we managed to escape to a hidden beach, think it was called Manganari beach which was beautiful but wouldn't have chosen it otherwise, also was in the 18-30 bracket then).
      • We want a balance between (beach/swimming/exploring/history/nature) ie visiting beautiful turquoise crystal clear beaches, being able to explore narrow winding streets/rustic charm ofvillages, seeing olives being pressed, churches, taking day trips etc (I understand that we will not get it all but just done ideas
      • We are NOT interested in a 'plastic holiday' in the sun or 'kids clubs'
      • As for accomodation we would prefer to be in a smallish family run hotel where you are looked after, with at least B&B and a pool. Happy to eat out/ buy from local supermarket. Definately nowhere that is too big/resort style!

I don't want to stay at the places we've been to already but wouldn't mind doing a day trip to them again(if suggested place was in Cyclades) for instance know my son would love to see the volcano in Santorini.

• We don't want to drive so somewhere that has good transport is important.

Any suggestions for a great well balanced family holiday in a proper Greek environment would be greatly appreciated :-)

If you do have any suggestions please could you be specific as to the island and place as sometimes there are nicer/more suitable parts.

I have looked at Paxos which seems lovely with old Greek charm but perhaps not enough to do / complicated with ferry? We have also looked at Paros but then have read quite a bit that it can be more for the party goers but has good transport.

Thanks in advance! I look forward to hearing your suggestions :-)

more
    • Things to do in Santorini in first week of may

Santorini Island Feb 11, 2015 at 2:18 PM

I will be in santorini staying in fira with my friend for 3 days in first week of May. Can you please suggest the itinerary I should follow so that I cover most important places in Santorini. Also I have heard about the volcano and thermal springs package from santorini. Can you please suggest on this also.

more
    • Santorini itinerary

Santorini Island Feb 12, 2015 at 1:57 AM

Hi,

I will be travelling for my honeymoon with my wife in early may. so i don't wanna take much of a chance since its our honeymoon.

this is what my plan is like

day 1. i reach around 4 pm my hotel... then after little rest check out the fira town and then come back to the imerovigli hotel and watch the sunset at leisure.

day 2: early morning stroll at imerovegli...then after breakfast walk to fira and catch a bus to kamari....after lunch come back to hotel.

then i am planning to book a sunset cruise ride.... and come back to hotel after that

day 3: moving to a hotel in oia... check out oia locally...and den go to amoudi bay...watch the sunset either from oia or from amoudi bay...den back to hotel

day 4 : morning is free flight in the afternoon to athens

Kindly suggest what changes do i need to make to this plan...??? it will be really helpful

more
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

How to get to the airport very early in the morning...

Athens Feb 25, 2015 at 1:27 PM

HI Everyone,
      I will be visiting athens on april 4 and need to figure out the best option to go to the airport on a sunday morinig.
      My flight (ryanair) departs at 7am, so I need to know:
      - how early should I arrive to the airport
      - how long will the metro ride take (from plaka)
      - will the metro be open at that time in the morning
      - how much shuld a taxi cost
      Any other suggestions are welcome!
      Thanks!

more
    • is it safe to travel to Athens now

Athens Feb 18, 2015 at 11:21 PM

Hi my brother and I are planning to travel to Athens in 2 weeks and I would like to know if it is safe to travel at the moment or not hearing the political and economy situation

Thank you for your feedback

Regards
      Tin

more