Travel Answers
Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Does Zhejiang Loong Airlines have its own Inflight Magazine?

Hangzhou Feb 19, 2015 at 11:58 PM

Has anyone flown with Zhejiang Loong Airlines also known as Loongair? If yes, does this airline have its own Inflight Magazine?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Does Donghai Airlines have Donghai Airlines Inflight Magazine?

Shenzhen Feb 19, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Has anyone flown with Donghai Airlines? Does this airline have its own logo name Inflight Magazine?

more
    • Xiamen's Local Culture Dance and Entertainment Shows

Xiamen Feb 21, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Are there any local dance/entertainment shows worth seeing in Xiamen?

thank you!

more
    • Wang Cong'er

Wuhan Feb 13, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Does anyone know the name of the specific mountain or mountain range that the White Lotus sect leader, Wang Cong'er, jumped from in 1798 instead of surrendering? Some sources say it's Moshan Hill. Is this true and if so does anyone know of the specific area? I'm very interested in this historic event and would love to visit the location. Thanks in advance!

more
    • Can I arrange a guide when I arrive in Huangshan and how much per day?

Huangshan Feb 11, 2015 at 9:16 AM

I will be travelling to huangshan in November this year and wondered how I can arrange a tour guide (I don't mind joining in with a small group tour) after I arrive and for how much?

more
    • Tianjin cruise port

Beijing Shi Feb 9, 2015 at 6:17 AM

What is the best way and price to get from downtown Beijing to Tianjin Port

more
    • dplesko's Profile Photo

Beijing, Xian, Shanghai tour

China Feb 9, 2015 at 4:45 AM

Please recommend CH agency for Beijing, Xian, Shanghai tour ca. 8 days for family (2a + 2k). I made one in India with local company and it was great organized so looking for something similar. I'm planing trip this summer starting from Beijing or Shanghai. Travel may be flight or train. Thanks.

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Shanghai to Seoul ferry

Shanghai Feb 8, 2015 at 6:08 AM

According to Google, there are ferries from Qingdao to Seoul. My question is whats the easiest and the cheapest way to go all the way from Shanghai to Seoul by ferry.

more
    • SurinderKakar's Profile Photo

Which clothes should i carry as i am going to stay in Kunming from March to July ?

Kunming Feb 18, 2015 at 12:56 AM

Hello , I'm packing for kunming but i cant figure out exactly which all clothes should i carry to kunming for march to july month . Plz anyone suggest me here or to my email : surinderoppk@gmail.com

more
    • mumbaihost's Profile Photo

Visiting Shanghai

Shanghai Feb 16, 2015 at 3:18 AM

Hello Friends,
      I will be visiting Shanghai to attend Exhibition in April 1st week.
      I would like to know which is best place to stay in main Shanghai city?
      Can any female member be guide & show me the city?
      Cya,
      Pankaj

more
    • ktlaw1's Profile Photo

Malaria and other assorted nasties..

Yunnan Sheng Yesterday

Hi guys

I'll be travelling to Yunnan in early April, going through Kunming, Dali, Lijiang and 2 days at Tiger Leaping Gorge.

I've heard all sorts of things from the friends i'm travelling with around the innoculations they're injecting (Rabies, Typhoid, maybe Hep A/B..) and the tablets they're taking (Malaria and the russian roulette of side effects).

I may be going out on a limb here, but is this all rather dramatic when I'm spending 2 days in a 'rural' location (Tiger Leaping Gorge) and staying at decent guesthouses/inns for the rest of the trip? Maybe it's the thought of Yunnan being exotic, or am I being far too lax in my own attitude to health, given my itinerary and April travel date?

any thoughts welcome!

Katie

more
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

LOCAL MOBILE PHONE/CELL PHONE

Shanghai Mar 2, 2015 at 7:19 AM

We will be in China for a month and we wish to have a local mobile phone/cell phone. Where can we purchase a local mobile phone ,"PAY AS YOU USE"? About how much will it costs? How does it work for a temporary mobile phone?

more

AccoMMODATION:

Shanghai Feb 23, 2015 at 8:47 AM

I am a senior citizen & will be traveling alone to Shanghai. I will be arriving late afternoon. can anyone suggest a safe, clean, budget accommodation but please centrally located accommodation in Shanghai. Also, directions using the public transportation from the International Airport to the accommodation. Many thanks to my VT'ers friends!

more

SHANGHAI VISIT

Shanghai Feb 22, 2015 at 10:37 PM

I will be arriving in Shanghai by myself in Shanghai end of March. 1). can you recommend a hostal located centrally that approximately cost between $25.00 - $30.00. 2). This is my first time to travel by myself , would it be easy taking the public transportation to my accommdation? any helpful traveling tips specially for a first timer would be greatly appreciated! many thanks to all.

more

Popular Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Travel Answer Locations

• Travel safety

Kashgar Aug 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Planning a visit to Kashgar in November. What are the risks: high or low? 4 definitely European faces.

1 Answer Aug 8, 2014 at 6:14 PM
    • What is the best route to fly from the US to Karamay?

Karamay Jul 31, 2014 at 9:58 AM

What is the best route to fly from the US to Karamay? I can not seem to find an airline that serves this city.

2 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    • Best Airline for Travel

Karamay Jul 31, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Who flies into Karamay

3 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 10:58 PM
    • Best Airline for Travel

Karamay Jul 31, 2014 at 9:48 AM

What is the best way to fly from the US to Karamay? I can find no one who flies there. Any help with locating airlines would be appreciated.

5 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 3:45 AM
    • safe, now?

Urumqi May 24, 2014 at 11:22 PM

I'm planning to go to travel in Xinjiang with my mother.
      I had already got plane tickets and can't cancel.
      I worry whether we can travel there safely.
      But I can't get enough information about them.
      How are things going?

7 Answers Sep 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM
    • Is it good to backpack Kashgar during the month of July - August?

Kashgar Apr 28, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Hello everyone!

I heard that the weather can get very hot during the month of July towards September. Would need some local expertise on that!

Many thanks! :)

ChoongChing (Malaysia)

29 Answers Aug 2, 2014 at 9:42 PM
    • aahad's Profile Photo

5 years china Visa

Kashgar Feb 5, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Someone told me that, China has operated a project, as far this projects concern its about the foreigners who wants to live in Kashgar, the project name is Guangzhou metro city, which chinese government wants to start in Kashgar. Would anyone give me some information about that?

• vieviengan's Profile Photo

Hangzhou -Yiwu - Hangzhou

Yiwu Oct 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I would like to know what will be the best way to go to Yiwu from HZ . How many train / bus station in HZ and Yiwu . Which station should I go from and stop at ?

• Urumqi Visa Agency Question

Urumqi Sep 18, 2013 at 6:48 AM

I need to apply for a transit visa for Turkey however, I live in Urumqi and the closest embassy or consulate is in Beijing. It seems that this application must be made in person, however it is a long way for me to travel. It turns out that if you give power of attorney (vekalet) to a person they are able to make the application on your behalf. Does anyone know of a trusted service in Urumqi able to help me on this matter?

1 Answer Sep 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • AnandG's Profile Photo

urumqi airport

Urumqi Aug 8, 2013 at 2:59 AM

I am visiting Shanghai via Urumqi. Can any1 help me with urumqi airport. is there any wifi zone?

1 Answer Sep 4, 2013 at 5:48 AM
    • NorainS's Profile Photo

backpacking travel

Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Jul 18, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I am planning to go for Xin jiang for about 3 weeks as a solo travel. Since the province is very big I want to go to central North,south and east Xin jiang. Any one suggest how am i supposed to travel economically and what are the most interesting places i shouldn't miss??? Thank you in an advance.

3 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    • Cozy and traditional guest house in Kashgar

Kashgar Jul 15, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Hi, I'm going to Kashgar this weekend and I'm looking for a place to stay. Not a big Hotel but something more typical and traditional at a decent price 200-400 rmb per night (with hot shower..).
      Thanks

1 Answer Jul 17, 2013 at 2:08 AM
    • Pakistan visa for chinese national in urumqi

Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Jul 2, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Hello, i got married to pakistan boy.... i need visa. can i get visa through some agent or i must go beijing to get visa

1 Answer Jul 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    • where permits are necessary in Xinjiang?

Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Jun 27, 2013 at 3:08 AM

I wondering where permits are necessary in Xinjiang? I' d like to know if I (Vietnamese tourist) have Chinese visa and want to go to some places of Xinjiang such as : Urumqi, Buerqin, Kanas, Kuqa, Korla, Kashgar, Karakul lake, Turpan, Hotian, Aksu... , do I need to get special extra traveling permit or not? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 5:15 AM
    • Book Store

Kashgar Jun 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I am looking for a book store in Kashgar. I need the name, street and location. Name of Curator would be great but not as important. It's for a novel I am writing. Thank you.
      Phillip hammitt

• Trip to xinjiang province

Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Jun 16, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Hello ! I am travelling to the Xinjiang province at the end of june. I am french and i'd like to know if anyone is travelling to that province at the same time so we could possibly team up :) thanks !

1 Answer Jun 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    • An invitation letter

Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province May 8, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Does anyone know where to get an invitation letter to xinjiang ?
      Or when crossing the borders from kazakhstan, does anyone control if you have it ?
      Stelu

7 Answers Jun 13, 2013 at 2:31 AM
    • football

Urumqi May 7, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Hi every one .... Can plz anyone tell me where should I go for buying stuff in urumqi if I'm a football fan .I am here in urumqi n in few days going back home but I don't know where to look for such stuff

• travelinxs's Profile Photo

Dentist in Kashgar

Kashgar Jun 26, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Urgently need a good dentist in or around Kashgar. Seen lots of 'dentist booths' but does anyone know where I could find a really good and reliable one?
      Many thanks.
      Chris

2 Answers Jun 27, 2011 at 7:38 AM
    • urgenly need guide recommendation

Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Jun 11, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Hi, i need your help urgently. did anyone ever heard of this company www.silkroadcn.com ? i was about to use this company to arrange my upcoming trip. i taked to the staff on msn, he seems nice and very fast at getting back to me, but i was just wondering if the company is real? as it seems that their website is very new that some tabs shows no content when clicked. can anyone tell me if this agency is recommended? Thank you!

1 Answer Sep 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    • Urgently need help for silk road tour agent review!

Kashgar Jun 11, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Hi, i need your help urgently. did anyone ever heard of this company www.silkroadcn.com ? i was about to use this company to arrange my upcoming trip. i taked to the staff on msn, he seems nice and very fast at getting back to me, but i was just wondering if the company is real? as it seems that their website is very new that some tabs shows no content when clicked. can anyone tell me if this agency is recommended? Thank you!

2 Answers Aug 24, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    • phoros62's Profile Photo

Khunjirap Pass..to Pakistan from Kashgar

Urumqi Apr 19, 2011 at 3:53 AM

Hi all :)
      Do You know, whether due to weather conditions Khunjirap Pass is open? Is it after 1st of May, or now already.
      Do You know, whether with the Pakistan visa could I cross this pass?
      /I'm Polish citizen..so..european union/.
      What could be the fastest time to get visa in Pakistan Consulate in Chengdu, /with the possible letter of invitation from my friend from Lahore/? Does anyone has any experience?
      Did anyone cross this pass lately/even last year/..is it safe to reach Quetta, Peshawar? How long it lasts to come to Peshawar fro Khunjirap pass?
      Thanks..:)
      my skype:phoros62 for any contact, or email: phoros@o2.pl

8 Answers Apr 19, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    • phoros62's Profile Photo

Tajikistan Consulate in Urumqi

Urumqi Apr 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Hi..does anybody knows any info about getting visa to Tajikistan in Urumqi?
      Does this consulate still exists? :)
      What is the fastest way to get this visa/my friend in Dushanbe could send me the invitation letter-would it help?
      I know, there is a border cross straight from China to Tajikistan.
      Is it only for local people, or can I use it?/I want to pass after 29th of April/.
      Does anybody knows, about the possibility to draw the money from ATM in Dushanbe, or should I change money in Malaysia and take there USD?
      Thanks in advance..:)

1 Answer Apr 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM
    • Airport Hotels

Urumqi Nov 5, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Hi, I am travaling to Thailand through China. I have long waits for my connecting flights: in Guangzhou Baiyun (CAN)on the way to Thailand and in Urumqi (URC) on the way back. I am a US citizen. Are there hotels within the airports where I can spend the night, so that I don't need to get a Chinese visa? Thank you.

3 Answers Nov 8, 2010 at 2:04 AM
    • karakul Lake and Taklimakan Desert

Kashgar Nov 2, 2010 at 11:16 PM

I am planning to be in Kashgar mid December, I guess it will be very cold.
      How do I get to Lake Karakul and Taklimakan Desert? Is hiring a taxi possible or we have to go with a tour guide? Is Taklimakan Desert worth to see and is this goin to take a whole day tour? We do not want to trek..but riding camel is fine..
      Thanks

3 Answers Nov 21, 2010 at 10:52 PM
    • rbakbike's Profile Photo

travel to Urumqi

Urumqi Oct 21, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I am looking to travel to Urumqi to meet a friend (Chinese citizen). My China visa is in the process of being worked on. I am US citizen. The visa company said there may be a problem with going to Urumqi. Does anyone know of any issues currently that prohibit foreigners from traveling to Urumqi?

2 Answers Oct 25, 2010 at 4:54 PM
    • Help with Itinerary - Silk Road

Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Oct 16, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Hi, can someone please look over this itinerary for me?

Shen Zhen --> Urumqi
      Urumqi--> Kashgar
      Kashgar--> Urumqi
      Urumqi--> Turpan
      Turpan--> Dunhuang
      Dunhuang --> Jiayu Guan
      Jiayu Guan--> lanzhou
      lanzhou --> xia he
      xia he --> tianshui
      tianshui --> xian

I am planning on leaving around 11/12.
      THe other alternative that I am considering is flying into Lanzhou from Shenzhen, then work my way up to Kashgar by train and take a flight from Kashgar to Xian at the end.
      My question is will it make a difference if I get to Kashgar in later Nov. instead of mid Nov. Which route do you think is better?

Also how is the scenery around that time of the year?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Answer Nov 12, 2010 at 7:35 AM
    • Qahlua's Profile Photo

Time to visit Turpan

Turpan Sep 23, 2010 at 8:12 PM

When is the best time to visit Turpan? I would love see the grapes fruit ripening and harvest them.

5 Answers Nov 11, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    • Zsaba's Profile Photo

Roadtrip

Kashgar Sep 1, 2010 at 4:11 AM

Hi,

I'm planning a road trip from Kashgar to Urumqi. And I'd like to have some advises and tips how to do that. Is there an agency which does such thing? I'm mostly interested the uygur villages on the way. Any help welcomed!

Thanks!

7 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 7:47 PM
    • Zsaba's Profile Photo

Help

Urumqi Sep 1, 2010 at 3:00 AM

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone can help me with cheap accomodation in Urumqi for a couple of days and possibly to suggest a travel agency which organises trips to the sorrounding area.

Thanks!