Xining

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Guilin 3 Full Days Tour plan

Dazhai Apr 27, 2015 at 1:19 AM

Hi I am visiting Guilin form 2nd - 5th May. My return flight is on 5th May morning.
      So I have total of only 3 days to see most of Guilin (2nd, 3rd and 4th May).

I have made two hotel bookings. One at Dazhai Village (2-4 May) and another in Guilin (near Guilin Railway Station) 4th-5th May.

Could you please kindly suggest a preferable itinerary for 3 days Guilin visit? How much does a cab cost to book for 3 days from airport pickup, 3 day tour and airport drop?

Does below makes any sense
      Day1
      Arrive at Guilin
      Guilin City tour
      Drive/Train/Bus to Dazhai, Longsheng

Day2
      Longsheng Rice Terraces
      Nearby attractions

Day3
      Early check out
      Drive to Yangshuo
      Li River, other attractions
      Drive to Guilin

Day4
      Drive/Bus/Train to Airport

Please share your tips. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Ann

more
    • Closest decent clean hotel to Kunming train station

Kunming Apr 19, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Hi all,
      Would appreciate advise on which hotel is closest to the Kunming train station. I am travelling with my 10 year old, and will be by train from Lijiang, arriving in the morning at around 6am. My flight to KUL is at 1740 same day.

Any advice as to which hotel would be good for us. Thanks

more
    • One day trip from Shanghai to Huangshan

Huangshan Apr 28, 2015 at 9:56 AM

Hey guys, i am planning on taking a trip to shanghai in july and was wondering if its possible to visit the mountain in a day and be back in shanghai? i found that a bus from shanghai station to Tangkou will take roughly 6 hours if i leave on the first one at 6am, spend a few hours on the mountain (4-5hrs) and then take a bus back to shanghai. is this a good idea or crazy? also, i dont know exactly which bus goes back to shanghai and from where (Tangko or tuxni) if anyone has experience/advice/suggestion or specific bus routes to take would help a lot!. thanks

more
    • Guilin 3 Full Days Tour plan

Guilin Apr 27, 2015 at 1:21 AM

Hi I am visiting Guilin form 2nd - 5th May. My return flight is on 5th May morning.
      So I have total of only 3 days to see most of Guilin (2nd, 3rd and 4th May).

I have made two hotel bookings. One at Dazhai Village (2-4 May) and another in Guilin (near Guilin Railway Station) 4th-5th May.

Could you please kindly suggest a preferable itinerary for 3 days Guilin visit? How much does a cab cost to book for 3 days from airport pickup, 3 day tour and airport drop?

Does below makes any sense
      Day1
      Arrive at Guilin
      Guilin City tour
      Drive/Train/Bus to Dazhai, Longsheng

Day2
      Longsheng Rice Terraces
      Nearby attractions

Day3
      Early check out
      Drive to Yangshuo
      Li River, other attractions
      Drive to Guilin

Day4
      Drive/Bus/Train to Airport

Please share your tips. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Ann

more
    • Kunming to Yuanyang, then to Dali and Lijiang

Kunming Apr 18, 2015 at 3:05 AM

I plan to travel from Kunming to Yuanyang, stay there 2 days, then travel to Dali (bypass Kunming), then to Lijiang. Finally back to Kunming before heading home. Total in 9 days. Any suggestion? Where to stay in these places? I am budget traveller.

more
    • Travel route

Shenzhen Apr 18, 2015 at 2:34 AM

How to i go to Window of the world from Coastal city?

more
    • taxi from Tongren airport to Fenghuang

Fenghuang Apr 13, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Does Anyone know how much a taxi from Tongren airport to Fenghuang would cost?

more
    • ktlaw1's Profile Photo

taxi to qiaotou for Tiger Leaping Gorge

Yunnan Sheng Apr 6, 2015 at 6:50 AM

Hi,
      What's a reasonable price for getting a taxi from Lijiang (Shuhe old.town specifically) to Qiaotou for the start of the tiger leaping gorge trail?

I've been told numbers ranging from 50rmb per person to 500rmb in total.. So am a bit hewildered!

Secondly I hear that many travellers choose to take the bus from lijiang bus station instead. Whilst we (3 of us) are willing to pay up to 200rmb for the cab, does anyone know the bus timetable in the early morning around 9-10am?

Thanks so much.

Katie

more
    • is it better to stay in Hong Kong or Shenzhen?

Shenzhen Apr 26, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Hi We are coming to Hong Kong for 8 days, my question is is it worth it to break it up and spend a few nights in Shenzhen for the shopping or should we just commute? From what I remember on our last trip, (we only spent a day in Shenzhen) it was exhausting and we only went in one shopping building which had multiple floors. Is there any other shopping besides that one building and is it worth it to stay for a few days as opposed to just going for a day. Basically what I would like to know is there more than just that one building for shopping? I know the prices were much lower than in Hong Kong and since this is mainly a shopping trip I'm curious to know what others think if it's worth our while spending a few days there. Thanks.

more
    • China in July - September

China Apr 10, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Hey,

My friend and I want to travel china in July - September (not quite sure in which month exactly).
      We are worried about the heat and the rain.
      Do you think it is possible to travel during this time of the year or would we be held by the weather?

Is it recommended to stick to a particular part of China during these months?

Thanks a lot!

more
    • Guide for Chengdu & Leshan

Chengdu Apr 10, 2015 at 10:49 AM

Myself, my wife and our two kids (19 & 21) will be in Chengdu for around 5 days end June 2015.
      Want to see main attractions Panda, Giant Buddha, Mt Emei,.. and enjoy rural side. Just discovered that car hire isn't available for non Chinese.
      Anyone know what cost of car & english speaking driver would be per day excluding admission fees etc.
      Thanks

more
    • Edy8's Profile Photo

Transportation from Qufu to Qingdao

Qufu Apr 4, 2015 at 9:26 PM

I do not know what mode of transport to take from Qufu to Qingdao. Train station appears to be located far away from the city centre where we are staying. So the alternative - coach or bus, but from where and how many hours of travel? Can you help with some advice? Thanks.

more
    • longmen caves to shaolin temple

Luoyang Apr 14, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Is anyone know how to get to these places with public transport?

more
    • jamw198's Profile Photo

Is advance high speed train ticket necessary for GZ to Guilin?

Guangzhou Apr 13, 2015 at 3:46 AM

I'm planning to travel next month so is wondering how far in advance (days/hours) do I need to get the ticket? I know the high speed train depart from the south station but can I buy the ticket in advance from the other main train station in GZ?

more
    • OliviaPRibeiro's Profile Photo

Beijing Roast Duck

Beijing Apr 28, 2015 at 8:02 AM

I'm looking for a genuine restaurant to eat the famous Roast Duck... but I'm trying to avoid the tourist ones... any thoughts?

more
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Airlines to China

China Apr 6, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Would like to fly to China in September either from Vancouver or San Francesco, and suggestions on best airline. Would be flying economy.. Will land in either Beijing or Shanghai, having made final plans yet.. Want to see both cities and as much as we can see in 5 weeks. I assume we would travel by either train or air while in China. Perhaps if someone could point me in the right direction regarding travel within the country would also be very helpful.
      Thanks
      rick m

more

Near Xining

• ritaz's Profile Photo

Visa to Xining?

by ritaz Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Hi, please help me with the visa preparation: if I do apply for Chinese visa (doing Beijing - Xining - Xian), do I need the separate Tibet visa to visit Xining? Not going to Lhasa, only Xining and then back to inland, to Xian.
      Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Nov 21, 2014 at 8:56 PM
    • Visit Herder Communities in Qinghai

by DiviG Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM

How to visit some herders in Qinghai ? Please advise any tour operators who can make this happen. Thank you !

1 Answer Nov 21, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    • what to do for a day layover in Xining?

by ariellejesse Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 1:32 PM

We plan to arrive by train at 8am and fly out at 6pm. Is there luggage storage at the railway station? Would it be better to get a day room at a hotel near the station ( suggestions ) and then explore the downtown area on foot. Are there opportunities to hire English speaking taxis for a short drive? Need some ideas!! Thanks

15 Answers Apr 6, 2010 at 5:14 PM
    • alwloch's Profile Photo

Is Xining worth visiting, while taking the train to Tibet?

by alwloch Online Now Sep 25, 2007 at 12:49 PM

I had thought of stopping off a Xian; and then Xining (buying tickets separately for these 2 legs of the trip up to Lhasa). But I hear that Xining may just be a smaller version of what is already up in Tibet... or is Xining worth a visit?

4 Answers Sep 26, 2007 at 7:48 PM
    • eagles_creek's Profile Photo

Train from Xining to Chengdu

by eagles_creek Online Now Apr 25, 2004 at 3:08 PM

Hi there, I hope somebody actually reads this... Any idea on the train fare from Xining to Chengdu? I think it takes about 17 hrs. Wrong? Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks! Best regards, Sebastian.