Xiaolan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Optometry shops close for C New Year?

Guangzhou Feb 4, 2016 at 2:54 AM

I will be in Guangzhou Feb. 9->11. I need to get 2-3 prescription eyeglasses made for my mum while I am passing though during the big holiday. It is only 4/2 and here in Malaysia glasses shops tell me it will take a week to get product. So impossible.

Bifocals apparently are the issue, they don't keep stock in this small town.

Will I be able to fulfill this order at height of CNY within 3 days?

Apparently a full week of CNY in Malaysia is like several festivals in Cambodia where the whole country shuts down commercial activity. However the rest of the year I get glasses within 2 hours or overnight at latest.

Will it be any different in Guangzhou?

more
    • Business trip and gifts

Foshan Jan 31, 2016 at 11:41 AM

Hi

Im going to Foshan in Feb for a business trip to meet a factory owner and his work force its a small factory under 20 people.I have been buying and communicating with the manger for 24 months but now need to take a trip to tie down some finer points of our relationship

I want to take some gift for the manager and then for his work force .. Would it be a good idea to take an expensive bottle of whiskey and some exclusive cigars for example for the manager and perhaps some equisite biscuits or short bread for the employees ..

I understand there must be a difference in the money value of the gift from one rank to another and to wrap in red utilizing silver and gold braid for example.

Ive never been to China before I Im a little apprehensive of selecting the right gift for the right purpose can any one give advice or have personal experience in this matter

Thanks

Paul

more