Xi'an

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• guilin to pingan transportation

Longsheng Apr 22, 2014 at 8:57 AM

transport from guilin airport to pingan...arriving guilin 1:00pm...what is cost of taxi...safe driver...is 2 days too much for pingan...dahzi

more
    • transport and driver

Nanchong Apr 1, 2014 at 6:21 AM

i need to travel from Nanchong to Ciangxi county about 100 km. I wish to hire transport and driver or is it cheap by taxi?

more
    • buying online

Guangzhou Apr 19, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Hi

I would like to buy stuff on line in Guangzhou. which site can I use?

more
    • long distance bus from Beijing to Luoyang

Luoyang Apr 20, 2014 at 6:16 AM

Does anyone know the bus schedule, length of trip and possibly the cost of a ticket from Beijing-Luoyang via long distance bus. Thank you

more
    • Tibet permit rule in 2014

Tibet Apr 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Is it true we Taiwan people can not travel with Chinese or western man? I read the notice on the site travelwestchina.com/news/531... Anybody here can clarify? I plan to join in my American friends' group.

more
    • Hiking from jinshanlin to Simitai without a guide?

China Apr 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Hello,

I'm visiting Beijing this summer, and I really want to hike on the great wall from Jinshanlin to Simitai.Unfortunately, the organized trips are quite expensive.
      So my question to you is whether it is possible to hike this part of the great wall on your own. Or are there chances I might get lost or might not be able to fix transport?

Many thanks in advance :-)

Pieter

more
    • Bus from Nanning to Suzhou

Suzhou Apr 14, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Is there any bus from Nanning to Suzhou?

more
    • What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit

Zhangjiajie Apr 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit? We are going to What other places close to Zhangjiajie can we visit and were trying to find other places around there that might have Buddhist Caves or temples that are worth seeing.

thanks

more
    • 9 days - Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila

Lijiang Apr 12, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I am planning a 9 days trip to China where I will be flying into Lijiang and hoping to cover Lijiang, Dali and Shangrila. I would like to do some trekking and explore around to understand the local way of life.

Some help in my planning is greatly appreciated:
      1. How many days should I spend in each of the places?
      2. How do I go from one place to another? Do I have to book in advance or will i be able to just do it via the guesthouse?
      3. How long is the travel from place to place? I am particularly concerned about the treks where I might require a stayover? Which are the ones I should look out for so I can factor that in my planning.

THANK YOU very much!

more
    • Pet's Accessories

Guangzhou Apr 9, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Where can I shop for retail pet's accessories in Guangzhou?

more
    • Thai food in Hangzhou

Hangzhou Apr 6, 2014 at 3:08 AM

What is the best Thai restaurant in Hangzhou?

more
    • Zhuhai - Qing Yuan

Qingyuan Apr 3, 2014 at 7:01 PM

From which bus station in Zhuhai do I get a bus to Qing Yuan?

more
    • Life in Ningbo for an expat

Ningbo Mar 30, 2014 at 6:36 AM

Hello,
      I have taught in China and Thailand but never Ningbo. How does it rate as far as a good place to live and teach for one from the USA that enjoys life and friends. How is the food and what about the level of pollution? What is the best and worst of Ningbo?
      Thanks, Wade

more
    • Billshng's Profile Photo

getting around Taishan

Taishan Mar 30, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Taishan is rather big but my grandparent village is Sai Chat, Nam Wah cheun (village), and it does not appear anywhere in the map. Any body knows where it is situated in Taishan (Hoisan)??

more
    • Intercon Resort Paradise Jiuzhaigou Hotel

Jiuzhaigou Mar 25, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Is this hotel within short walking distance to the National Park?

more
    • CandS's Profile Photo

Great Wall of China Badaling Section

China Apr 9, 2014 at 3:45 AM

Hi all! I'm going to China and part of the tour takes me to the Badaling section of the Great Wall. I only have 2 hours there :( and wondering what my best options are for getting some good photos and seeing the best part of the wall (from there obviously)...should I go north or south or ???? Am I best to take off and see how far I can get in almost an hour then wander back or ???? I'll arrive there at 5 pm - hoping it's not dark by then in mid May too. Any suggestions welcome. :)

more
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

Airport, Accomodation, Itinerary

Shanghai Shi Apr 1, 2014 at 1:48 AM

First time visiting Shanghai with 2 pax, around 7D6N during end of May 2014. Wish the itinerary won't be that compact and change hotel so frequent, also not very interested to musuem and gallery. Can please advice me how to arrange this 7D6N itinerary?

Since I yet buy flight ticket, which Shanghai airport is more nearer and convenient for tourist? Pudong or HongQiao?

For accomodation, my budget is around 600yuan per night. clean, near subway and nice location. Any suggestion?

more
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

advices needed for choosing travel agency

Tibet Apr 1, 2014 at 1:30 AM

we will travel to Tibet during September 2014 in a group. So far, we have 3 travel agencies had made their quotation to us. the price is almost the same. Therefore, we really need experts here to advice us, which has better reputation and services:

1. http://tibethighlandtours.com/
      2. http://www.tibettravel.com/
      3. http://www.tibetodysseytours.com/

Please advice us. Thanks!

more
    • Backpacking in China

China Mar 30, 2014 at 1:05 PM

My husband and I would like to travel to China backpacking. We are both British. I understand that we need an invitation. How can we obtain the invitation.
      Thank you
      Monika

more
    • btin's Profile Photo

Where to stay in ShenZhen - convenient & safe

Shenzhen Apr 19, 2014 at 5:19 AM

Hi all
      We heading from HongKong to Shenzhen.
      Probably staying for 2 nites.
      Should we put up in Luohu area or Futian?
      Heard there is a Kai Li Hotel.
      Any advice is appreciated.

thanks/Christine

more
    • FreeCloud's Profile Photo

Buying fast G train ticket right before departure (Beijing South to Shanghai)?

Beijing Apr 3, 2014 at 5:59 AM

I will land in BJ early afternoon (from USA), but I do not want to pre-purchase a ticket (in case of miss it due to traffic etc.). Can I buy a ticket at the Beijing South train station for the immediate next departure train to Shanghai (I am an American)?

Or do I really have to pre-purchase online? Any suggestion on which website to buy (ctrip.com???). If I miss the train I have the ticket for, would it be too much trouble having to have the ticket (for the missed train) refund first, then but another one?

I am leaving tomorrow, any quick advice would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

more
    • good hotels in lijiang for two nights

Lijiang Apr 1, 2014 at 4:56 AM

can anyone recommend a hotel they have stayed in recently. clean and good size and not too expensive comfort range slightly below expensive class
      thank you

more
    • 3 weeks in Hong-Kong, Guangzhou and Guilin

China Mar 29, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Hello dear travellers!

Me and my friend are planing to go to the southern parts of China in mid November and stay there for three weeks. We want to spend approximately 1,5 weeks in the bigger cities such as Hong-Kong, Macau and Guangzhou and spend approximately 1,5 weeks on a trip in the countryside surrounding Guilin with the final destination of Guilin.

First of all we are wondering if this seems doable given our period of time.
      Secondly we would like to get feedback about these destinations and if there is anything special (sights, cities etc) in the vicinity that you'd recommend we see (or if there is any cities nearby that might be of more interest?)

Best regards
      The happy travellers Joactor

more
    • CandS's Profile Photo

Is China safe for 2 females travelling alone?

China Apr 18, 2014 at 4:10 AM

I will be going to China with my mother in May and wondered if it is safe to travel 'alone' as just 2 females down in southern China - Guilin/Yangshuo/Longsheng areas?? TIA :)

more
    • fraud, varifacation this is legitament

China Apr 9, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Ling Chen

Customer Care

Virtual Tourist Travels

Tel: (0086) 157-6889-8352 is this part of your company im tring to buy a vissa for my girlfriend they want me send money western union

more
    • allen1f's Profile Photo

High-speed train from Xian to Shanghai

by allen1f Online Now Sep 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Is there a high-speed train to Shanghai? Helpful details please-with thanks

5 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    • allen1f's Profile Photo

Traveling to Xian from Beijing for two days before moving on to Shanghai

by allen1f Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Travel by air via night train versus flying?
      Budget hotel Xian that is in walking distance or close to attractions/shopping/transportation?
      Your comments would be appreciated

5 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    • Miniature terracotta warriors

by Carosstuff Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Last time I was in Xian we were taken to a wonderful museum outside the city ( possibly on the way to the airport) that showcased miniature terracotta warriors. They were behind glass still in the soil and also under us. We had to wear coverings over our shoes to walk on the glass pathway.
      Does anyone know the name of this museum and where it is?

4 Answers Dec 15, 2013 at 6:32 AM
    • ILAHI2013's Profile Photo

Xian Nightlife

by ILAHI2013 Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 3:55 AM

HOW IS THE NIGHTLIFE IN XIAN ?

7 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 4:21 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Taxi cost--Airport to Terracotta Museum and return

by SandiM Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Anybody recently been in Xi'an and hired a taxi from the airport direct to the Museum and had the taxi wait and return to the airport? Price on this in RMB? Did you feel safe leaving your luggage with them? I only have 8 hours in Xi'an between flights so need some up-to-date info.

10 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 2:07 AM
    • look for a part time teaching job

by erininchina Online Now Jun 20, 2013 at 8:09 AM

from Canada:)

5 Answers Jun 29, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    • Hiking trails in Qinling Mountains near Xi'an and bus access

by rbowlini Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Am in Xi'an for several months and want to hike in Qinling Mountains south of Xi'an. Having a hard time finding information about trails/good hiking areas and buses that I could take that would drop me in the morning and then then that I could catch back to Xi'an in the afternoon OR is there a better way to approach this? Are there any hiking clubs in Xi'an?

2 Answers May 20, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

pollution levels

by meeson Online Now Oct 15, 2012 at 1:46 AM

hi vt'ers

ill be working in xian next year and was wondering how the pollutuion is. i choose a smaller city to not get hit by bad pollution but i am not sure what it is like as i have not been there. i have heard differing reports. could anyone give me some hints or advice on this as i dont want to be stuck in a city with bad pollution. of course, i am not naive and expect some but just want to be clear before i leave at the end of january.

thanks

9 Answers May 20, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

xian

by meeson Online Now Jul 21, 2012 at 8:14 AM

hi guys

im off to work for a while in xian next year. any pointers on places to see eg bars, clubs etc. also the sites apart from the terracotta warriors

thanks

8 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    • justanto's Profile Photo

travel from xian to qingdao

by justanto Online Now Apr 28, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Hi fellow VT'ers. Can somebody help me with my travel plan? What is the best way (cheap and fast) from Xian to Qingdao? Then from Qingdao straight to Tianjin. If i choose to travel by fast train, do i have to transit in Beijing?
      Thanks guys...Justanto

2 Answers May 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    • Ihearttheworld's Profile Photo

Things to do and see

by Ihearttheworld Online Now Jan 30, 2012 at 11:20 AM

So I am going to Xi'an and I want to know what else there is to see besides the Terra Cotta warriors (which I am sooo excited to see). Any suggestions?

• nivriti1985's Profile Photo

Chengdu to Xian

by nivriti1985 Online Now Jan 12, 2012 at 4:26 AM

Have some query for below:

1)What could be the best way to go to Xian for 2days from Chengdu? Looking for an economical way? Trains preferably

2)What are the main attractions must to be seen in Xian?

3)What Hotel you can recommend which is at good location and economical?

Appreciate help!
      Thanx

9 Answers Feb 3, 2012 at 6:27 AM
    • dragon0419's Profile Photo

Xianyang airport

by dragon0419 Online Now Jan 10, 2012 at 11:04 PM

On our last morning in Xi'an, the guide plans to take us to the Big Wild Goose Pagoda and Shanxi Historical Museum and then to the Xianyang airport. Is it possible to see both of those places and make it to the airport by 9:30 am? My flight is at 11:30 am.

4 Answers May 20, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • Grand Mercure Hotel, Xian

by gepdg Online Now Dec 12, 2011 at 11:34 PM

What is the easiest way to get from Xian International Airport to the Grand Mercure Hotel in cenral Xian. I am in a party of four.

• Is there any Radio Cab (Taxi) service available in xi'an?

by arsic Online Now Oct 10, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Normally, it is very difficult to get a Taxi in Xi'an.So,i want to ask is there any RADIO CAB/Radio taxi service available? so that i just call them and tell them about myself and the location where i need taxi.so they will send an empty available taxi near my location.Is their any 'Taxi stand' nearest to NorthWestern Polytechnical University,Xi'an.

Thanks

1 Answer May 20, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

Train station

by JocelynAguilar Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Do you know if there are lockers or luggage room at the train station? Im planning to arrive to the station around 9am and leave that same day by noon, I don`t want to carry my bags...

Thanks

• JanetLim's Profile Photo

Xian September weather

by JanetLim Online Now Aug 10, 2011 at 8:28 AM

May I know if it is raining season in Xian in early September? Would it affect visits to major attractions if so? I intend to stay for a week there. Thank you.

9 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 9:41 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Recommended Tour Company or Guide Service.

by roamer61 Online Now Jun 28, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Can someone please suggest or reccommend a good tour company or guide service in Xian to go to the Terracotta Army and other sites?

5 Answers Jul 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    • Nailatourist's Profile Photo

Zhouzhi National Nature Reserve of Shaanxi

by Nailatourist Online Now Jun 24, 2011 at 6:40 AM

hello
      anyone can tell me how to get to Zhouzhi Reserve from Xian?
      does the park has a website? can i see pandas there?
      visiting hours?
      cost?
      anyone can help me on this? i dont seem to find much information - thanks so much
      naila

4 Answers Jul 8, 2012 at 4:52 AM
    • Xian travel with 6 year old

by jckny Online Now Apr 29, 2011 at 1:58 PM

I am planning to be in Xian with my six year old daughter at the end of August. Could anyone please tell me:

1. If the temperature will be OK to walk around. I heard it's very hot in Xian in August

2. I am planning to stay in Xian for 3 days, arriving 29th in the morning by train and leaving the evening of 31st by train. The Warriors is our must see. Should I plan it on the second day or the first day? What else would be interesting to a 6 year old ?

3. I would like to stay in a hotel which is convenient to most tourist spots because my daughter may need to come back to the hotel for a break during the day. Is Bell hotel a good choice for that purpose?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

4 Answers May 20, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • Where can I buy protein powders?

by davidwoo Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 4:35 AM

Hey,

Anyone here know where I can buy protein powders and other supplements for the gym?

Thanks!!!

• mavl's Profile Photo

free time

by mavl Online Now Mar 11, 2011 at 10:25 PM

hello,

i'll have a free evening, then another free day in xi'an in a couple of weeks. already scheduled to go see the terra cotta warriors, goose pagoda, and the horticultural expo. any suggestions as to what to see or do during my free day and a half?

it's a last minute trip, don't have a lot of time to research so hoping for some helpful suggestions. thanks!

21 Answers Jun 25, 2011 at 9:51 PM
    • Vegan food help

by geminimoai Online Now Mar 10, 2011 at 5:34 AM

Are there any traditional vegan Chinese foods?

Could you tell me the names (including Chinese characters) of some that I should be on the lookout for?

How would you say,
      "I'm vegan"
      and
      "I'm allergic to peanuts"
      in Mandarin?

I'll be staying near the Muslim District.
      Is there such a thing as traditional vegan Muslim cuisine?

Thank you!

4 Answers Jun 28, 2011 at 11:48 PM
    • Hiking on Hua Shan

by geminimoai Online Now Mar 10, 2011 at 5:16 AM

I'll be in Xi'an next week, and hope to hike up Hua Shan.
      I've searched the Internet but about the experience, but I still have a few questions.

1. What's the weather like up there now? Is there still snow? Is it windy all the time?

2. If I take the gondola up, is it possible to hike the plank part as well in a day? How many hours is the hike each way.

3. Are there restrooms up there?

4. Are there rangers, or some kind of staff up there to help hikers in trouble?

5. What time is the last bus back to Xi'an?

Thank you!

3 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 12:12 AM
    • badbaronan's Profile Photo

xi an one day itinerary

by badbaronan Online Now Mar 4, 2011 at 4:22 AM

im planning to go to xian in June 2011. i will arrive by train in the morning. and leave the next evening.
      can someone help me organize my itinerary?
      the most important things that i have to see is Terra Cota army, pagodas, tower and the wall. How far are the sites from each other?
      will appreciate the help very much. thanks.

5 Answers Apr 20, 2011 at 5:54 AM
    • Buying Xi'an to Beijing train tickets 2 days in advance

by geminimoai Online Now Feb 9, 2011 at 5:57 AM

I will be in Xi'an next month. Will I be able to get a train ticket from Xi'an to Beijing 2 days in advance?

Do the clerks at the station speak English?

Thanks!

6 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 12:20 AM
    • TravelBugbites's Profile Photo

Advise on Itinerary

by TravelBugbites Online Now Jan 16, 2011 at 6:27 AM

Hi i'm going to Xi'an on April. Can anyone advise is my plan below do-able?
      i'll arrived on 28.4.2011 night, so basically my tour will start on 29.4.2011.
      And i will not start to visit the primary tourist spots till the second day, my friend will meet me on 30.4.2011 at Xian.

Day 1
      Mt Huashan (i assume it will take up to a day?)

Day 2 (30.04.2011)
      Teracotta Warriors and Horses Museum
      Mausoleum of Qin Shihuang
      Huaqing Hot Spring (optional)
      Big Wild Goose Pagoda
      Tang Dynasty Show at night

Day 3 (1.05.2011)
      Xianyang Museum
      Drum Tower
      Bell Tower
      City Wall
      Shuyuan Gate
      Wenbaozhai shopping centre
      Muslim Street at night

Day 4 (Will head up to Shanghai at evening)
      Shaanxi Provincial History Museum
      Hanyangling

Any suggestion for accommodation?
      I'm looking at RMB 200-300 a night, all i concern is cleanliness and private bathroom.

Thanks in advance for all advise and comment.

6 Answers May 20, 2013 at 5:50 AM
    • PanAsianPirate's Profile Photo

Anybody used Emma's Tours?

by PanAsianPirate Online Now Nov 25, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Hi, I am going to stop by Xi'an for a day on my way to Shanghai. My friend, who had previously traveled there, recommended a day tour from Emma's Tours (www.emmastours.com), though he took it a few years ago. Has anybody else taken a tour from her? Experiences? Or do you have a different company that would be good for a quickie one day tour? Any help would be great, thanks!

4 Answers Apr 2, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    • Faala's Profile Photo

Domestic flight from Beijing to Xian

by Faala Online Now Oct 3, 2010 at 5:29 AM

I'm arriving Beijing Terminal 3 by Thai Airways at 15:50pm. Planning to take the Air China domestic flight to Xian at 18:30pm Terminal 3. As they're both different airlines, I assume I'll need to go through arrival immigration and claim my luggage. Do I need to do a check-in for the domestic flight and go through the immigration again? Will I have sufficient time to do all the check-out and check-in to catch the 18:30pm flight?
      Please advise. Thank you.

7 Answers Jul 10, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    • Faala's Profile Photo

First time to Xian & Luoyang

by Faala Online Now Sep 28, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I'm planning to visit Xian & Luoyang from Beijing.
      For Xian: How many days do I need to visit Terra Cotta Warriors, Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum, Xian City wall, Bell & Drum Tower, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Shaanxi History Museum, Mosleum Street, Great Mosque, and Mt.Huashan? Also, is Qianling Mausoleum worth visiting?
      For Luoyang: How many days do I need to visit Longmen Grottoes, Shaolin Temple and White Horse Temple?

I'll be arriving Beijing on 20th Oct'10 in late afternoon. Seems like most people travel to Xian by overnight train. Is it possible to get the night train to Xian on the same day when I arrive Beijing? Or can I book the train tickets overseas?
      What's the best way to travel from Xian to Luoyang? And also best way to travel from Luoyang back to Beijing? As I need to be back in Beijing on 27th Oct'10. Thank you.

9 Answers Oct 5, 2010 at 11:58 AM