Wyoming

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• driving from Michigan, where to stay and how to get around the Park

Yellowstone National Park Apr 24, 2015 at 9:00 AM

hi All, my wife and I (age 30), no kids plan to drive from MI to Yellowstone/Teton.
      1- are there any quick places we should hit in our road trip. our plan is to spend 5 - 6 days in and around Yellowstone and 4 - 5 days of driving.
      2- Pls tell if it is ok to stay put at one place(jackson, code or west entrance(how about a KOA)) or any room/lodge in the Park would be best ?
      3- Or I should book stay at different places and keep moving ? I have a tent too but does it need a lot of measures and prep to camp in yellowstone ?
      4- What are the 'must-do's and 'must-see's in yellowston/teton or the places nearby in 5 days.
      as we are driving a long way, want to make the most out of our trip. any special clothing/wear/gear to bring except normal summer wear/hiking shoes etc.

Thanks
      AG

more
    • driving from Michigan, where to stay and how to get around the Park

Yellowstone National Park Apr 24, 2015 at 9:00 AM

hi All, my wife and I (age 30), no kids plan to drive from MI to Yellowstone/Teton.
      1- are there any quick places we should hit in our road trip. our plan is to spend 5 - 6 days in and around Yellowstone and 4 - 5 days of driving.
      2- Pls tell if it is ok to stay put at one place(jackson, code or west entrance(how about a KOA)) or any room/lodge in the Park would be best ?
      3- Or I should book stay at different places and keep moving ? I have a tent too but does it need a lot of measures and prep to camp in yellowstone ?
      4- What are the 'must-do's and 'must-see's in yellowston/teton or the places nearby in 5 days.
      as we are driving a long way, want to make the most out of our trip. any special clothing/wear/gear to bring except normal summer wear/hiking shoes etc.

Thanks
      AG

29 Answers May 2, 2015 at 5:59 AM
    • transportation

Wyoming Apr 2, 2015 at 1:50 PM

is there a grey hound in cody wy

10 Answers Apr 4, 2015 at 11:32 AM
    • Transportation inside YellowstoneNP

Yellowstone National Park Mar 24, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Does YellowstoneNP provide transportation from site to site (shuttle bus, etc)? We will be staying in a 29.5 ft RV and don't want to disconnect and maneuver it around the park each day.

5 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 8:58 AM
    • Bus services between Denver and Lander

Wyoming Mar 6, 2015 at 8:53 AM

Is there a bus service between Denver CO and Lander WY? My son's flying into Denver tomorrow (Sat 07 Mar 15) to attend a course in Lander next week, but has only recently passed his driving test (and not in the US) and would prefer not to drive if possible.

18 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 8:33 AM
    • Driving from Calgary to Yellowstone on to Zion

Yellowstone National Park Mar 2, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Wanted some advice about driving from Calgary to Yellowstone and on to Mount Rushmore and Zion national parks, looking at taking a two and a half road trip in end of may beginning of June.

5 Answers Mar 6, 2015 at 1:46 PM
    • itinary review requested:)

Yellowstone National Park Feb 18, 2015 at 4:55 PM

hello we are planning a road trip at the end of july 2015 and we would liek to have other travellers input on our itinary if that could be possible. it would be from uly 26 to july 30th...

our itinary so far would be:

day 1: SLC- Bonnevile salt flats + visit of SLC (seriously in need of cues and tips about this one as we did not find a lot of information about what to do in SLC for fun yet)
      day 2= leave extra early from SLC to grand teton NP, through soda spring Idaho and Jackson wyoming (probably a stop in Jackson for lunch), then drive to mormon row, jenny's lake surrounding or the likes to visit as much as possible during this day. Is signal mountain drive up the hill for the view is worth the time to go there?... probably camping in signal mountain campground but as no reservation is possible we will have to rely on luck for this one.
      day3=signal mountain campground (hopefully) to canyon village Yellowstone. We are planning on leaving extra early in the morning and to see attractions in YNP's south loop such as grand faithfull, rainbow lake and the likes, then canyon village campground for the night.
      day 4= visit of the yellowstone falls and canyon then off to billings montana through cody wyoming ( stop there for lunch and visit the old row town.
      day 5= leaving billings to home.

question are: should we allow more time at one or other step of this trip? do we miss something very un-missable and is it doable in this time frame? every tips, comments or precisions are welcomed

6 Answers Feb 22, 2015 at 8:55 AM
    • alexloves2travel's Profile Photo

Looking to plan a short weekend visiting Yellowstone... is it possible?

Yellowstone National Park Jan 26, 2015 at 5:48 PM

We are looking to visit Yellowstone but only have limited availability such as a 4day/3 night stay during early March or early April..... would this be possible or not enough time to see/ do enough? If possible are there any suggestions on inexpensive/ centrally located hotels you would recommend? All input is appreciated, Thank you!

14 Answers Mar 8, 2015 at 12:30 AM
    • What to see at Yellowstone and Grand Teton N.P.?

Yellowstone National Park Jan 20, 2015 at 10:20 AM

My wife and I and our six year old granddaughter will be visiting both Yellowstone and Grand Teton N.P. the end of July. I want to thank all of the folks who sent me tips on packing for this trip.
      My next question deals with what to see and how to do it. We know virtually nothing about the parks other than they are gorgeous. Our trip will be seven (7) days; however, two of those will be travel days to and from San Diego. Essentially, we will have five (5) full days. We were wondering how best to divide these five days. Are there guided tours? We would prefer these as we don't want to wander around wasting a lot of time especially since we do not know where we are going. If there are Guided Tours, what approximately will the fees be? Our plan is to hopefully take a guided tour in each of the parks for a full day each, or perhaps three of the five days. We would then have two extra days to revisit some of the areas. Does this sound like a good plan? We would welcome any or all suggestions as to which Guided Tours to take and what places we should not miss and how to access them. We will have a rental car; however, I would prefer not to use it unless it was for revisit purposes. Thanks.

8 Answers Jan 24, 2015 at 9:59 AM
    • TatyanaA's Profile Photo

Three days itenary and some logistic questions

Yellowstone National Park Jan 19, 2015 at 10:22 PM

We'll be coming to Yellowstone for three days in end of May, and already booked one night in Great Teton and two - in Western Yellowstone.
      Usually we rent a small car - for two it's enough, and easier to park (we'll be coming from SF through LA and then some national parks like Great Canyon, Bryce, Antelope. So will the small car (not 4x4) be enough?
      Can you also give me some tips about the itenary.
      I'm thinking about one day near lake and east part, then one day - Old Faithful and around. What else?

17 Answers Jan 27, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    • What to pack?

Yellowstone National Park Jan 19, 2015 at 12:17 PM

My wife, granddaughter, and I will be visiting Yellow Stone NP and Grand Teton NP the end of July and the beginning of August. We were wondering about what to pack and whether we need to bring bug repellent.

12 Answers Jan 22, 2015 at 5:34 PM
    • Hiking / Outdoor Activities in the Tetons

Grand Teton National Park Jan 15, 2015 at 10:02 AM

We will be passing through the Grand Tetons on an extended west trip, and was looking for some recommendations on some outdoor things to do for two days. We would be up for a couple of short hikes. Does anyone have any other recommendations on enjoying the outdoors while in the area?

Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM
    • March Clothing

Casper Jan 14, 2015 at 4:11 AM

Going to Casper WY,
      This March 4 to 14.
      1) What is the basic clothing needed for that time of yr? Esp Jacket...
      Will be inCasper. Not outdoorsman adventure.
      Clothes for general walking dining going outside point a to b.
      2) Staying @Ramada
      Most establishments booked up....is something g going on there?
      3) Any advice on what yo see, do,shop and eat?
      Thanks persan

8 Answers Jan 23, 2015 at 5:07 PM
    • Transportation inside Yellowstone National Park

Yellowstone National Park Jan 5, 2015 at 8:35 AM

If I take my RV/camper to Yellowstone, how do I get around inside Yellowstone? Does the Lake Hotel pick up at the different campsites for its day tours?

4 Answers Jan 5, 2015 at 1:11 PM
    • cheap car rental for 2 months

Wyoming Jan 3, 2015 at 11:41 AM

can anyone suggest where to start a search for this a rental for this length of time?

2 Answers Jan 4, 2015 at 10:59 AM
    • Drive through Yellowstone.

Yellowstone National Park Dec 29, 2014 at 6:21 PM

We would like to go on a trip in Yellowstone NP area in August for a week or 9 days. Ideally, we will fly into something like Jackson Hole (or wherever I can get cheaper tickets), rent a car, drive through Teton into Yellowstone. We want to stay in a tent, ideally every night in a different place. What would be the best route/best campgrounds to stay? We want to do some nice hiking, see big bears and everything else.
      Is it possible to drive in one direction only, departing from another airport?

7 Answers Jan 1, 2015 at 5:28 AM
    • Beartooth/Chief Joseph instead of Upper loop of Yellowstone

Yellowstone National Park Aug 22, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Hi,
      I will be visiting Yellowstone in a week time. As per few previous posts, it seems like Mammoth Springs and Tower Falls are not as impressive as they used to be. And these are the major spots on upper loop. Is it recommended to give that day to Beartooth & Chief Joseph instead of Upper Loop of Yellowstone ? Or any other suggestions ? We are not into hiking and mostly interested in scenic and photographic places.
      If yes, how should I plan it. I will be staying at Canyon Campground. Can I take some loop instead of backtrack same route ?

12 Answers Aug 25, 2014 at 9:32 AM
    • Family Reunion

Wyoming Aug 5, 2014 at 6:23 PM

I am looking for a facility, preferibly in the mountains, in WY where we can have a family reunion for up to 60 people. A camp with cabins and a lodge where we could do our own cooking would be ideal. Does anybody have any ideas or know of a place where I can find more info? Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    • Fishing in Jackson?

Jackson Jul 26, 2014 at 11:20 AM

We are staying one night in Jackson and wanted to see if there was a public access spot to fish for an hour or two in the early morning? Before the rest of our group wakes up and is ready to hit the road again. We will have our own gear. Thanks

1 Answer Jul 26, 2014 at 11:46 PM
    • Travel to Yellowstone

Yellowstone National Park Jul 21, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Hi, I would like to travel from Calgary, Canada. I have only 3 days. Is it possible to see important places in Yellowstone? I have only one full second day to travel..

Jhalendra Shrestha, Calgary AB

5 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    • Bar next to Shakey's Pizza circa 1976

Cheyenne Jul 19, 2014 at 7:59 AM

This goes back in time a few years and definitely dates me. There was bar/pub adjacent to the Shakey's Pizza in Cheyenne in the mid to late '70's. Just wondering if anyone remember's it and if it still stands.

Thanks,

Paul

• How to plan one day in GTNP

Grand Teton National Park Jul 13, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Hi,
      I have planned to visit Yellowstone and Grand Teton in August end. My Yellowstone part is fixed and I am confident on that. I need some help in planning for Grand Teton.
      01-Sep ==> Leave Grand Village Campground at 9 AM and head towards Grand Teton. After exploring GNTP, leave KOA Campground in evening. Overnight stay at KOA Campground.
      02-Sep ==> Leave KOA Campground at 10 AM (I have return flight from Salt Lake City at 6 PM) and head back to SLC.
      I will have one full day to explore Grand Teton. 42 miles is a loop and I am not able to understand that how should I put places in my one full day. What places should I visit and in what order ? We are not much into hiking, but small one is ok. Mostly we want to see beautiful places.
      Please suggest.

3 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    • Excursion recommendations

Grand Teton National Park Jul 12, 2014 at 7:41 PM

I will be traveling the last weekend of August through the 6th of September. We (3 adults) have two and 1/2 days in the Tetons. We will be doing a little bit of hiking, but need recommendations on the best excursions. We were thinking about possibly kayaking or rafting down the Snake River. Any recommendations on who to contact for that, or any recommendations on other excursions?

2 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 9:38 AM
    • RV trip summer 2015

Yellowstone National Park Jul 9, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Planning a trip to Yellowstone national park next year in an RV from NYC....I have 3 weeks...need to know the best sites to visit between NYC and YSNP.....Also planning on KOA sites in between

4 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 5:35 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Accomodations

Cody Jul 6, 2014 at 8:03 AM

I know just got back from S. Dakota, but should start testing the field for the next trip(s), lol.
      Anyplace (hotel/motel) that wont break the bank? I know its considerably more than Rapid City, but don't really want to pay $120+ a night especially if I was to be there 5 or more nights.

23 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    • How frightening are the roads?

Yellowstone National Park Jun 18, 2014 at 8:02 AM

How frightening are the roads for those of us afraid of heights and bridges???

5 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    • niklee's Profile Photo

What is the exact location of Yellowston national park?

Yellowstone National Park Jun 5, 2014 at 5:52 AM

I am looking farword some information about the exact location of Yellowston national park

3 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 2:45 PM
    • Need help with the Itineraty

Yellowstone National Park Jun 3, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Hi all

I am going to Yellowstone national park for the first time. I am flying into Billings, MT. We are family of 4 (2 Adults, a 7 year old and a 11 month old baby). We are going for 5 days excluding the flying time. Can someone help me build my itinerary and suggest places to stay, eat/

Thanks

13 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 3:03 PM
    • Where to Eat

Yellowstone National Park Jun 2, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Hi, My family (7 people) and I will be in Yellowstone near western entrance next week and I am wondering if anyone can recommend a picturesque place to have lunch?

1 Answer Jun 2, 2014 at 8:12 AM
    • Help needed in itinerary for YNP and GTNP

Yellowstone National Park May 27, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Hi,

I will be flying into Salt Lake City and will visit Yellowstone, Grand Teton and a side trip to Beartooth Hwy. I need some suggestions from experienced travellers here which can help me to put things in correct and more efficient way. I have not booked my campgrounds yet, so I am completely flexible to change itinerary if places and loops can be placed in better way. Campgrounds are still available. This is for August. This is comprises of Yellowstone and Grand Teton forums. Here it, what I think.

Day-1 Reach SLC in evening, pick car and leave SLC at 7 PM. After 230 miles, stay at campsite at Wolf Den, Thayne. This will be via 15-30-34. Only reason to stay here is, it is close to Jackson and have shower facility. 23 $ for 3 people. I am open to get suggestion to change, if something better option then this.

Day-2 Leave Thyne towards Jackson in morning. Camping overnight at Teton Range Resort (Highway 26/287 Moran, WY 83013). I wanted to stay near Yellowstone entrance, but all campgrounds are first come-first serve and I am not willing to take any chance. Any more suggestions on this ?
      OR ELSE, after spending whole day in Grand Teton, I can enter South Entrance of Yellowstone and camp at Grant Village).

Day-3 Leave camp site in morning and head to Yellowstone from South Entrance, West Thumb, Old Faithful, Lower Geyser, Canyon Campground. If still time left, visit Hayden Valley. Setup tent at Canyon Campground.

Day-4 Camp will remain at Canyon Campground, leave in morning for Cooke City, Beartooth Hwy Pass, Red Lodge (lunch at Red Lodge), 120, 296, 212 and back to Canyon Campground. If this is too ambitious, I can cut down Red Lodge. also, I will not got all the way to Cody, will turn to 296, 212 and come back.

Day-5 Camp will remain at Canyon Campground leave in morning for Tower Fall, Mammoth Hot Springs, Norris Geyser Basin, back to base at Canyon Campground.

Day-6 Packup and leave for Salt Lake city. Flight in evening.

Any suggestions or recommendations to make it more perfect will be appreciated.

14 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    • Name of Indian and where was it located

Cody May 26, 2014 at 11:44 AM

There was an live sized or larger Indian sculpture in a small aspen grove near one of the Museums. I cannot remember where. Does anyone know this setting? Thanks Betty

2 Answers May 26, 2014 at 8:44 PM