Wyoming Travel Answers

change location

Living in Converse County... working in Campbell County

by wy_bound Online Now Mar 2, 2006 at 6:34 PM

Hello everyone!

Why am I not reading any posts on these two counties? I know... You all were just waiting for me to come along with some questions, right? (LOL!)

My family will be relocating to Wyoming from Michigan this May. We chose Glenrock (Converse County) because this small town's location will suit our needs being that it's situated between Casper and Douglas. Besides this, my wife will be attending medical classes at Casper College.

In mid April, I will have a short 4-day stay in Wyoming. I will be attending the New Miner Training program at Casper College. Besides this, I'll be house hunting when I am not in class. Then, it will be a matter of a couple of weeks before I leave the state (MI) with a terrible economy and an even worse Governor. Someone out there has to agree!

Time for questions...

1. Can any of you share a positive experience with regards to Converse County or the city of Glenrock?

2. Do any of you work for the coal mines of Campbell County (or know someone who does)? If so, which one?

3. Can I expect decent benefits working for a surface coal company?

4. Can I expect to put in long hours (12 hours/6-7 days)?

I have been doing extensive research on various coal companies in the Powder River Coal Basin. Even though I have received Emails from HR managers, it would be nice to hear from people who actually labor in the mines.

With respects to coal mining, it may be better if answers are not posted 'openly'. I understand the reasons why mine workers should stay anonymous, so please Email me instead.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to your replies.

Respectfully,

Steve Plessinger

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines