Travel Answers
Wutaishan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where is the best place to buy pearls in china and in Beijing?

Beijing 11 hours ago

I means is there any place to trust on and shopping good and not fake pearls with reasonable prices? Can you please write addresses in Chinese words?
      Best wishes

more
    • Travelling from Kunming to Dali

Kunming Sep 3, 2014 at 10:37 PM

I am planning to travel to Dali from Kunming the end of September 2014, together with 6 others. I am thinking of taking a van. What do you think? Btw how much does it cost per trip?

more
    • Antique baby caps

Shenzhen Aug 21, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Where can I find antique Chinese baby caps in Shenzhen and what am I looking at in terms of price? Thanks.

more
    • Is Jinhua an expensive place to live?

Jinhua Sep 1, 2014 at 7:09 PM

I am considering taking a job that will have me staying in Jinhua for a period of between 10 and 12 months. I will be going with my 2 daughters and may have one other person living with us. My question is for a family of 4 to 5 people, what can I expect my average monthly food costs to be. I am not planning to eat a lot but more getting groceries and coming home to prepare them.
      I do have one other question if you don't mind. Taking my daughters (15,11) is there any safety concerns I should be aware of that are different than the ones here in the US. If so, what advice to you give that way.
      Thank you for your time and response.

more
    • Looking for a nice & normal massage place

Dongguan Aug 18, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Does any local know of a decent and good massage place to go to? I'm not looking for any of those 'happy ending' massage place, I just want a good (and cheap) deep tissue body massage. Please provide any recommendations.

more
    • Airport to Hotel Transfer

Xiamen Sep 10, 2014 at 12:59 PM

How is the best way to arrange transfer from airport to hotel at 11 PM? Is there a limo service available with English speaking drivers?

more
    • Train way to Shanghai is over sea or mainland

Ningbo Aug 19, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Train way to Shanghai is over sea or mainland

more
    • Where should I stay

Guangzhou Aug 26, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I will be stopping of in Guangzhou for 3 days on my way to Australia. Never having travelled that far before, it is a new experience for me.
      I have done some research on what I would like to see, but not sure where I should stay.
      The sights I am interested in are:
      -Temple of the six Banyan Trees
      - Guangxiao Si temple
      - Pearl River Cruise.
      - and maybe some shopping if i get time
      Can anyone recommend a 4/5 star hotel within a reasonable travel time of the above locations.
      Appreciate your help, as I am very new to this long distance travelling and will be travelling on my own.

more
    • ErikaM6's Profile Photo

Best Places in Shanghai..

Shanghai Aug 24, 2014 at 7:42 PM

what places in Shanghai you recommed me to visit?

i'm very excited to know.. :D!

more
    • Hong Kong or Shanghai for two week stopover?

China Aug 23, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Hey,
      I just need some help deciding on where to stop off for a two week stopover before I arrive in Australia. Both Shanghai and Hong Kong have similar priced flights and I have not much of a clue about them both, just I know I want to go! The advantage of Shanghai is that I have a friend who will be studying nearby, but otherwise I'm looking for what people thought of the two cities, and the logisitics of visas (do you need a different visa for Hong Kong?) I would also love to see some of China's spectacular countryside and was wondering which city would be easiest to get out of to see some amazing sights. I would love to go up the Li river to see around Guilin and Yangshuo (despite being touristy it looks awesome) but I know its pretty far from both cities :( any advice is greatly appreciated as I don't know very much about China geographically wise.

more
    • field trip

Shenzhen Aug 21, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Taking high school students for field trip to Shenzhen. Please suggest reasonable accommodation and things to do for about four days.

more
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

HKG-MCU-China

China Yesterday

Friends

My wife and me are travelling to Hong kong and China for business cum sight seeing trip.

This is our proposed itinerary:

29th Oct. 2014 morning, arrive Hong Kong from India about 9.30 am. Immediately visit exhibition at Asia Expo center within the Airport complex. 1 Night in Kowloon. We have been to Hong Kong and Shenzen (China) earlier, about 5 years back. So Disney/Oceanpark etc are out this time.

30th Oct. afternoon/evening proceed to Macau by boat. 2 Nights in Macau. Do we need so much time in Macau? What do we do? We do not really gamble. Should we spend just 1 night in Macau (arrive by boat on 31st Oct morning), and 2 earlier nights in Hong Kong instead of the 1 planned?

31st Oct Macau. What all to do?

1st Nov. transfer to Guangzhou by bus (??). 3 nights there. Is bus convenient? I find that there are no trains or direct ferries. We can sight see once we reach. where? or Shop where? or go to Exhibition for 1/2 day and sight see and shop on 3rd Nov.

2nd Nov. and 3rd Nov. Visit exhibitions, probably full day.

4th Nov. to 6th Nov. ?? sight see other places somewhat.

4th Nov. morning Flight to Xian and in evening to Shanghai. Is this enough time? See what all?

5th and 6th Nov. full days in Shanghai. Sight see-- What??, Shop-- where?? or go to the water villages on 5th Nov.?

(Alternately we can go to Beijing on 4th Nov morning or 3rd Nov. night from Guangzhou, -- skip Xian, and back to Shanghai on 5th night or 6th morning). What can we see in Beijing and Shanghai in this case??

Our flight back to India is at night 10 pm from Shanghai (PVG) on 6th Nov.

Would also like to experience the SUPER fast/bullet train and the MAGLEV train at Shanghai.

CONFUSED. I have generally been helped a lot by friends here on my other trips. Hope to make the most of the less time that we have.

Thanks all in advance.

more
    • Travelling with young kids

Qingdao Aug 31, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Is it safe to do so? Especially around the beach areas? Thanks

more
    • Where to Buy Home Decor - Chandeliers, Bed Sets, Rugs, Curtains?

Beijing Aug 24, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Please, can someone help me.

There is any place, where I could find all of these items in the same place or market/ mall?
      Someone told me about Ikea, but I do not want to shop there.

I am looking for affordable stuff. I mean, a cheaper prices but also with quality.
      I want to buy curtains - just 3 pieces
      I want to buy chandeliers (many sizes and models for different home rooms) but just one piece each
      I want to buy rugs - just 2 pieces
      I want to buy bedding sets (Maybe in Silk or satin)
      I want to buy wallpapers.

I will be arriving at South Beijing Railway Station.

Please if you can, include to me which subway line to take to the place, which station to get off, and the name of the place also in Chinese/Mandarin if you can. As the name in Chinese will help me to ask for direction in case I need.

I will have just 1 day for buying these stuff as I am flying back home this week from a just 3 weeks trip.
      Thank you very, very much!

more
    • Only issued 2 entry visa when I applied for multiple entry visa

China Sep 10, 2014 at 3:38 PM

As my topic states I applied for a one year multiple entry visa from the Chinese embassy in Bogota, South America (I'm an American citizen currently living in Colombia, South America). When they issued my visa it was only for six months and two entries. I was told by the embassy in Bogota that for people applying for a visa for the first time they only issue a six month 2 entry visa. I was also told that this policy is for the Chinese embassy in Bogota only and not for all Chinese embassy's. With that said, I have a fifteen day trip planned and my intention is to make several visits back and forth to Hong Kong and mainland China so my question is... Is it possible once I arrive in China to have them change/modify or issue a new visa and if so, where would I need to go to facilitate getting a new multi-entry visa?

more
    • I want to backpack around China for 5 months (one month will be in HK)

China Aug 18, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Is anyone able to give me advice on
      1) the best visa option to get. I would prefere not to have to leave the country as money may be tight.
      2) I would also like to know if volunteering counts as working as I would like to volunteer in a few places on my journey (possible for free accomodation)
      3) best way to apply for a visa.
      4) what papers do I need (some contries require you to have a minmium amount of money in your account etc)

Most sites I am looking at I cannot get a clear answer about volunteering or about staying for long periods of time.
      I am travelling at the beginning of March from the UK on a UK passport. However I will be in Africa the 6 months prior to my travel data (I will only be in the UK for 1 week inbetween Africa and China) so one of my concerns is applying for my visa in that week, how expensive is it going to be and what can I do to ensure its not declined.

Thanks for any help

more
    • Getting a visa for China and a permit for Tibet

China Aug 30, 2014 at 2:56 AM

Hi!
      A few years ago (around 2010) I went to the chinese embassy in SF California, waited for hours and then when my turn came up to submit my visa application, the lady at the window took a very quick look at my application and immediately told me that she would not even take in the application in (i.e. they were not rejecting a visa, but rather not even taking it in for consideration). No further explanation, she just told me to move on. As I was walking out the door, another person working at the embassy (young person probably in an administrative role) motioned me to come over. She took a look at my application and suggested that my itinerary was too extensive. That in my first visit to China, I should go to a major city like Beijing, etc and not say that I will be visiting Xi'an. etc. I was a bit surprised as I did not think I had any location that was not considered touristy.
      Anyhow, I was wondering the following:

1) If anyone has experienced something similar and what I should do differently, now that I am thinking of visiting China again. I would rather see all places of interest (Beijing, Xi'an, Leshan, etc.) in one trip!
      2) Is it really that difficult for a U.S. citizen to get a visa to China?
      3) Also since you have to have a ticket booked to China before you can apply for a visa what do folks do in case they don’t get a visa .. buy a more expensive refundable ticket? Last time I got lucky since it had been under 24hrs since I bought my ticket I was able to get a full refund.
      4) Any clues on a good agency to use to get into Tibet would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

more