Wuhan Travel Answers

change location

wuhan to yichang

by ammuphilip Online Now Jan 11, 2009 at 8:39 AM

i am a student from india studying in wuhan university.and we are having our winter vacations.so we a group of 6 gals are planning to visit yichang,but we know nothing much abt the place, the transport route.so can anybody help us out.our trip need to be a one day trip and should not be too expensive....looking forward for a reply

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • enzhu's Profile Photo

Re: wuhan to yichang

by enzhu Online Now Jan 11, 2009 at 9:08 PM

You won't be able to do much in a day trip, you better plan more time.
    If you have time, I think you can take a cruise on Yangtze river. I did it a few years ago. They will transport you from Wuhan to Yichang, then boarding cruise there. My trip was three days two nights and came back to Yichang again in the end of the trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: wuhan to yichang

by ammuphilip Online Now Jan 11, 2009 at 10:38 PM

how expensive will the cruise be?and will we hav to reach yichang by bus to board the ship? how did u do the booking and all?totally how much did it come around?

• enzhu's Profile Photo

by enzhu Online Now Jan 12, 2009 at 8:04 PM

It was about RMB600 for the so called first class room. Foreigner has to pay 100 extra. They will pickup you at Wuhan about noon and drive you to Yichang so you can board the ship. It's about 5 hours driving from Wuhan to Yichang, but it will take about 24 hours if by ship I heard.
    As menado said, the ship is mean for Chinese tourists, so there could be nobody speaks English. Don't have too much expectation on the room either even though they call it first class. It doesn't include food either. If you like English guide, nice room and food, then it will be over USD600, not RMB600.

• enzhu's Profile Photo

by enzhu Online Now Jan 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Here is a tour as I said above:
    http://www.whlxs.net.cn/Xl/Xl_403.html
    However the price is 960 now. I'm not sure if it's b/c Spring Festival or inflation these years. The good thing is it does include food.

• ellyse's Profile Photo

by ellyse Online Now Jan 23, 2009 at 2:44 AM

Yichang is about 3-4 hours by bus from Wuhan each way, so doing it as a daytrip might be too rushed. If it's the school holidays now, can't you afford 2-3 days?
    I've gone on the 3 Gorges cruise before and it was nothing to sing about IMHO. If you want my full review and candid photos, email me directly at ellyse99@yahoo.com and put "VirtualTourist" and your own username (eg ammuphilip) in the subject line, thanks.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines