Wuhan Travel Answers

change location

buying hair colouring

by birdhaven Online Now Mar 19, 2007 at 10:47 PM

We will be living in Guangshui in the Hubei province and will be visiting Wuhan regularly for shopping etc. I am trying to find out if one can purchase hair dye/tint as my hairdresser in N.Z. is going to show us how to do it. I understand that one is not supposed to transport it on the plane with you - at least only in very very small quantities.The product I am keen on buying is L'Oreal which is produced in China but am not sure if it is available for the western market ie blonde tints. Also if when one tries to buy it from a western section of the shop etc if it is bilingual as far as the product name and instructions. Any help would be appreciated regarding this subject as well as good hairdressers in Wuhan for a trim etc.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

RE: buying hair colouring

by qaminari Online Now Mar 20, 2007 at 3:32 AM

I can't help on where to buy it in China but why can't you take it on the plane with you? It's only in hand luggage that liquids are restricted to individual containers of less than 100 ml and presented in transparent plastic bags, you can still take a stock of shampoo, hair dye or whatever in your checked baggage - as far as I know, the chemicals used in hair dye aren't themselves restricted.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines