Travel Answers
Würzburg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Will Wurzburg train platforms be listed on D bahn?

by Canadapatty Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 3:03 PM

We are going from Rothenburg to Frankfurt Airport with a connection in Wurzburg. There is little time between trains and no platforms listed. I am wondering how to find out the platform numbers ahead so we don't miss the train.

10 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 11:16 PM
    • we need an apartment for 4-5 peoples in wurzburg

by arina-awaz Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM

hi , me and my parents will be in wurzburg from 28 th september 2013 for 5 weeks . we have medical therapy sessions and we prefer to stay in city centre

3 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    • DanK84's Profile Photo

What to wear on a casul vacation In Bavaria

by DanK84 Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM

For males are shorts acceptable in Sept?
      Sneakers?

9 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    • hi i need shopping areas please

by meeno Online Now Jul 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM

hey am going to würzburg within few days and i wish to know where can i do my shopping ? is there any shopping centers and i need the list of shops and their addresses ? i need place for clothers , market for food and bags etc . and thanks

4 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Bavarian Castle Pass

by tracyskf Online Now Apr 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Hi - I am trying to find out if Bavarian Castle Pass (14 days) are still being offered, as there are limited / conflicting answers I have got from the internet.

If this is still being offered, how does it work (ie how do I use it for castles at a specific times?). How do I buy it?

Thanks!

4 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Wurzburg Express

by tracyskf Online Now Apr 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Hi - I have only limited time in Wurzburg and I would like to plan ahead.

- If I arrive 10 / 11 PM - is there anything that is still open?
      - The next morning I plan to visit The Residenz (11 AM English tour) - I understand that it is open 9 AM onwards. What is the advise from 9 AM to 11 AM - is there a lot to see outside? Is photos allowed inside?
      - How many hours would The Residenz take?
      - I have up to 5 PM before taking the train to Frankfurt airport, please advise the must-see / must-visit given the limited time I have in Wurzburg.

Danke! =)

4 Answers Apr 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    • Don12's Profile Photo

Walking and Biking on the Romantic Road

by Don12 Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 6:16 PM

We plan to travel the Romantic Road area by motor home, starting here later this year. We mostly enjoy walking and biking, combining these activities with visiting interesting towns and buildings on rest days.

I want to focus on the best parts for the walking and biking activities...can anyone help?

Thanks, Don

5 Answers Mar 31, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    • qzaman's Profile Photo

Weekly Transport card

by qzaman Online Now Aug 27, 2012 at 11:33 PM

We will be in Wuerzburg from Sep 1 till Sep 7th. Is there a weekly transport card available there that we can buy? The one we can use on buses and trams etc.

Thanks.

3 Answers Aug 28, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    • qzaman's Profile Photo

Weather in September and packing list

by qzaman Online Now Aug 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Hi

me and wife will be in Würzburg from Sep 1 till Sep 7.
      How is the weather during that time of year? What should
      I pack?

I will be attending a conference and will only be free
      after 5PM every day Except on Sep 6th when I will be free
      after 12 noon.

What can we see and visit during such hours?

Thank you all so much.

Qamar

5 Answers Aug 11, 2012 at 6:37 AM
    • bartw's Profile Photo

grapes visible from A3-motorway

by bartw Online Now Mar 18, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Hello,

When driving on the A3-motorway, few kms east of Wurzburg, there are some vineyards visible north of the motorway.

Does anyone know what kind of grapes grow here... and what wine they turn ito ?

Kind regards,
      Bart W

8 Answers Apr 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM
    • Is Pension Spehnkuch closed up?

by lazycatlee Online Now Jun 2, 2011 at 6:59 AM

Since the reviews to this pension in TripAdvisor are so good, I'd like to book there myself during my coming vacation in Wuerzburg. However their website is not available anymore, and neither the email nor phone call is accessible.
      So far the last review I saw was in Dec. last year.
      Does anyone know what's up with them?
      Has the place been closed up already?
      Thanks.

1 Answer Aug 18, 2011 at 4:44 AM
    • Need a room in a family or gayhouse

by azm790 Online Now May 18, 2011 at 11:34 PM

I am a 47-yr old physician , coming to wurzburg for a 3-week period in october, to study in a hospital. I need a room in a family house, or a gay house.

1 Answer May 19, 2011 at 12:07 AM
    • Recommendations for places to stay in Würzburg?

by elbegewa Online Now Apr 16, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Does anyone have recommendations for a bed & breakfast, pension, or hotel in Würzurg for 2 nights during the first week in September?

We're 3 people in out late 60's who like places that are well kept, personable, friendly, and have local ambience.
      Price: Middle range price; flexible but ideally as far under 120€ as would be reasonable for the 3 of us.

We'll be arriving and leaving by train, which may (or may not) affect choice of location.

2 Answers Apr 16, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    • Bus stations

by habedinnia Online Now Apr 14, 2011 at 7:36 AM

How can I have a detail map of Wurzburg, including bus stations.

1 Answer Apr 14, 2011 at 10:18 AM
    • information

by mariamorare Online Now Jul 3, 2010 at 1:55 PM

I would like to know how is possible to go from Berlin to Wurzburg for a weekend? I have looked by train, by plain, and not answer at all, could you please inform me how do I?

6 Answers Aug 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM
    • Mr.Emirates's Profile Photo

want to make photo stops along the romantic road ?

by Mr.Emirates Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 12:08 AM

I will travel along the romantic road in 1 day trip. I just want to make photo stops in the most beautiful spots.

any recommendation ?

2 Answers Jun 25, 2010 at 4:02 AM
    • Djinn76's Profile Photo

Who does that statue represent? and why eggs garlands?

by Djinn76 Online Now May 14, 2010 at 1:44 PM

I have spent a couple of hours strolling in Wuerzburg last Eastern Monday. Amongst the pictures I took that day, there is the statue of that guy:
      "Eastern Monday in Wuerzburg" - Würzburg by Djinn76
      He looks like some kind of old farmer.

Some post-trip curiosity, could anyone tell me who he is or what does the statue represent?

Also why was he celebrated with eggs garlands? Was it that statue in particular or a more generic tradition around Eastern?

Thanks,

8 Answers May 14, 2010 at 3:08 PM
    • leics's Profile Photo

Daytrips?

by leics Online Now Jul 5, 2009 at 10:36 AM

I'm in Wurzburg for 3 nights/4 days.

I shall explore the town itself, go to Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauber (I know it's touristy but the history/architecture appeals...I shall visit early in the day) and possibly Bamberg (though I may go there from Nurnburg instead). From Nurnberg (3 nights, 3 days) I'll definitely visit Regensburg.

Given my interest in (early) history and archaeology, is there anywhere (accessible by public transport) which I might otherwise miss?

Thanks in advance for your help.

17 Answers Jul 9, 2009 at 9:01 PM
    • Gym Cost

by ktalebian Online Now Feb 24, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Hi there,
      I am moving to Germany very soon, for two university terms.
      Now I was wondering what would the cost of the gym be if I want to sign up for 8months? I'm going to University of Wuerzburg, so I don't mind to go to their gym either.
      Also, what is the cost of the protein shakes there? (sorry I am being very specific, its just that I couldn't find the answer to these questions anywhere!)

5 Answers Feb 25, 2009 at 10:57 PM
    • golfingth

by golfingth Online Now Sep 18, 2008 at 1:35 AM

I try to set up routing in Germany. Could expertise helps and see whether it is possible or not. Should I skip any town?

I will land in Frankfurt and my travelling starts from here:

Franfurt-Wuerzburg (overnight here)
      Wuerzburg-Nurnberg - Bamberg-Coburg-Wuerzburg
      Wuerzburg-Strasbourg-Wuerzburg
      Wuerzburg-Goslar-Quedinburg (overnight)
      Quedinburg-Berlin (overnight)
      Berlin
      Berlin-Munich
      Munich-Fussen-Munich
      Munich-home

What kind of ticket should I buy; German rail pass or anything else? Please also suggest places to stay. Appreciate your help.

7 Answers Sep 21, 2008 at 10:14 AM
    • WURZBURG NIGHTLIFE

by goagugi Online Now Sep 6, 2008 at 12:47 AM

hy there, are there any clubs or getherings of goatrance and psymucis in september in Wurzburg(pls don't give info about techno, hause and simular), tnx

• jezzabel's Profile Photo

transportation from Frankfurt to Würzburg and scenic roads to Prague

by jezzabel Online Now May 11, 2008 at 8:02 AM

Hi,
      We are flying to Frankfurt on the 5th of september. Our flight arrives at the airport at 21:40, and then we need to travel to Würzburg. I've checked on diebahn.de and have found that the latest trains to Würzburg leave at aprox. 22:00. We won't make it on time to the train since we have to pick up our luggage first. (There's a train leaving at 23.00 but that trip takes 6 hours vs 2 hours for the other trains)
      I've been trying to find a webpage with bus schedules from Frankfurt to Würzburg but haven't been lucky. Does anybody know how to get to Würzburg from Frankfurt that late in the evening?
      Also, after our stay in Würzburg we'll rent a car and drive to Prague. Can anybody suggest a route with the most scenic roads? and, do you think the Neuschwanstein castle would be on the way?

Many thanks for your help!

4 Answers May 13, 2008 at 2:00 PM
    • romantic road tour

by abzd Online Now May 10, 2008 at 4:35 AM

Hi

We would like to visit Romantic Road and towns and villages. From Amsterdam to Frankfurt how long would it take by train? Would it be closer from Belgium or Paris? Is it a good roadi.e. the romantic road. As we are from Australia and drive on the left hand side is this road like a highway or a country road.
      Thanks
      Dianne
      goody2gum@yahoo.com.au

1 Answer May 10, 2008 at 6:28 AM
    • Hotels

by higbyny Online Now Jul 12, 2007 at 1:28 PM

I will be travelling to Würzburg by car and am looking for a moderately priced hotel either in an area where I can explore the sights by walking or a place in an attractive setting outside center city.

3 Answers Jan 9, 2008 at 3:41 PM
    • chris_at_csiro's Profile Photo

Bicycle hire

by chris_at_csiro Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 2:16 AM

I would like to hire 4 bicycles (with panniers) to ride with my family for 4 or 5 days around the Romantic Road region. I have found commercial companies doing cycling trips, but they all seem very expensive. I would like tohore the bikes myself and use cheaper accomodation. I believe that bicycle hore is available from train stations, but I imagine that they would not be suitable for long distances, or have panniers. Does anyone know of a bike rental shop that could provide them?

2 Answers Feb 28, 2007 at 3:33 AM
    • gorpa's Profile Photo

New Year's Eve!

by gorpa Online Now Dec 19, 2006 at 11:19 AM

I'm looking for a good place to spend New Year's Eve in WÜ. I'd like to find a decent restaurant, and a good bar or club to properly celebrate the New Year. Crowd age is early 20's, and price range can be middle of the road to the bottom of the highs. I'm not sure if that makes sense... Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

1 Answer Dec 21, 2006 at 5:29 AM
    • sunset_gal's Profile Photo

Advice needed urgently

by sunset_gal Online Now Dec 6, 2006 at 1:01 AM

I have a couple of hours in Würzburg. My first stop would be the Residenz. How far is that from the train station? Is there a guided tour and how long does it take?

What are the other must-see sights?

Is there a high point where I can get a view of the city?

Are there lockers in the train station?

And just to get an idea of the distances, how far is it from the train station to to Alte Mainbrücke? Danke im voraus!

4 Answers Dec 6, 2006 at 11:03 AM
    • Romantic road bus discount?

by sunrid123 Online Now Dec 5, 2006 at 6:13 PM

We would like to start the bus ride from Wurzburg to Rothenburg. Then stop in Rothenburg and spend the night there. The next day we would like to continue from Rotherburg to Fussen. Do we buy tickets for the whole trip in Wurzburg, or just pay once for each section of the trip. For example, do we pay one time for the ride from Wurzbur to Rothenburg, and then pay for a different fare from Rothenburg to Fussen? If so, do we still get 60% discount for each of the bus rides if we have the Eurail SelectPass Saver?

Thank you.

1 Answer Dec 6, 2006 at 6:33 AM
    • Will be in Wurzburg for 5 nights starting August 14, 2006. Need information please.

by lopingpine Online Now Jul 29, 2006 at 10:13 PM

I have only been in Wurzburg in the past during Christmas holiday or in early spring so it was quite cold. That didn't stop me from enjoying myself then and I am so eager to return for a visit when its warmer!!

What are temperatures there and how cool can it be when I reach Garmisch/Fussen area? Someone told me it has been very hot in Bavaria recently, is it still hot? Or will it be cloudy with rain in both areas? I will be packed for hot or cool, rain or shine, but appreciate any info.

Also, are shops, roads, lodgings, etc very busy with people on holiday?

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

6 Answers Aug 1, 2006 at 7:52 AM
    • Location of military barracks

by deardear Online Now Jul 25, 2006 at 8:45 AM

I have been trying to find the location - street address - of the military barracks used by the USA's First Infantry Division in Wurzburg back in 1954 and 1955. I recall that we would walk back to it after visiting the down town area by crossing the river on the bridge overwhich a streetcar on rails ran. We then walked to the right for several blocks.

At that time many of the buildings on the right had been destroyed and on the left, were many multi story buildings that were empty shells.

We were housed in German Army barracks that had several floors. We understood that the location housed a German Panzar unit. It also had some buildings which were mostly destroyed.

On a recent trip to Germany, I could not locate it as my memory was not good and time was short. I should have done better preparation, but thought that it would not be hard to find.

Perhaps it no longer exists even as housing for the general population.

2 Answers Jul 28, 2006 at 8:26 AM