Würzburg Travel Answers

change location

Recommendations for places to stay in Würzburg?

by elbegewa Online Now Apr 16, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Does anyone have recommendations for a bed & breakfast, pension, or hotel in Würzurg for 2 nights during the first week in September?

We're 3 people in out late 60's who like places that are well kept, personable, friendly, and have local ambience.
Price: Middle range price; flexible but ideally as far under 120€ as would be reasonable for the 3 of us.

We'll be arriving and leaving by train, which may (or may not) affect choice of location.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Recommendations for places to stay in Würzburg?

by leics Online Now Apr 16, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Well, I stayed at a rather unusual b&b/hotel which was pretty much ok...albeit unusual (good if you like teddy-bears).

http://www.hotel-goldenesfass.de/

About 5/10 minutes on foot from the station and well-located for exploring Wuerzburg (which is anyway not huge).

You can see my review on my Wuerzburg pages:

"Wuerzburg for wine........" - Würzburg by leics

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Re: Recommendations for places to stay in Würzburg?

by Kathrin_E Online Now Apr 16, 2011 at 1:07 PM

In the same street as leics's funky place, thus just as conveniently located, but more down-to-earth: Hotel St Josef.
    I spent five nights there recently and found it a good place to stay. A honourable mentioning for the breakfast buffet.
    The owners seem to be Italians but have been in Würzburg for decades, so the flair can be called "local". Their restaurant is okay and not pricey.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines