Würzburg Travel Answers

change location
squidly2's Profile Photo

Wine tasting, not in a tour group??

by squidly2 Online Now Apr 5, 2006 at 10:12 PM

I am hoping to do some winetasting in Wurzburg. (I'll be there on a Wednesday in June.) I am especially interested in the cellers at Residenz, but anywhere would be nice, I'm sure. The websites I've seen only seem to offer tastings to tour groups.
Are there wine tastings open to the general public at Residenz? Anywhere else?
(And if there's more than one, which costs less??)

;) Danke!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • laughing_lioness's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Wine tasting, not in a tour group??

by laughing_lioness Online Now Apr 8, 2006 at 12:17 PM

Actually it seems that most of the places are offering winetasting for groups only ... The only one I know is Julius Spital (www.juliusspital.de) in Wuerzburg but according to their website winetasting for individual visitors is only on Fridays (incl. 1 glass of wine) or Saturdays (3 glasses of wine.

I don't know how much time you'll be having but there's a really cute wine village about 30 kilometers away from Wuerzburg called Sommerach. There are loads of nice restaurants - most of them have their own vineyards - and maybe they offer a small winetasting within the restaurant. The website www.Sommerach.de is only in German but you can find some restaurants with email addresses here: sommerach.de/gaststaetten.ht...

Hope you can work something out. I am sure you will enjoy Wuerzburg with or without winetasting. It's a really nice place.

Sorry I can't really help you ... although I don't live very far away from Wuerzburg I have just realized that I don't know that much about it ...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • squidly2's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Wine tasting, not in a tour group??

by squidly2 Online Now Apr 9, 2006 at 5:00 PM

Thanks, that's helpful!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines