Wroclaw

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• New years eve

Warsaw Dec 20, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Im looking for a restaurant or hotels that host a new years event, we a my cousin and me that are in need for a place, can't find anything at the hotel we are staying at (and thats Hotel mercure Grand). let me know if you have any idea???

cheers Martin Christensen DK

more
    • avening1970's Profile Photo

xmas markets warsaw, poland

Warsaw Nov 26, 2014 at 5:12 AM

going to warsaw in Poland, will the xmas markets up and running

more
    • Where can one find a decent selection of pipe tobacco to buy in Poznan, Poland?

Poznan Dec 11, 2014 at 3:26 AM

Dear People,

Could anyone please be so kind as to suggest where someone might buy pipe tobacco
      in Poznan?
      I have asked at the tourist bureau and at one or two stores that sell cigarettes and at the up-market store
      that specializes in cigars at the "Browar" shopping mall -- with no luck. No one knows. Yet I do
      know that the striking Novotel Centrum here in Poznan hosted a celebrated pipe smokers convention here a
      few years back; so my guess is -- is that there must be someplace that's a real, all-round
      tobacco store.
      But where?
      Thank you kindly ahead of time.
      -- Eurycleia

more
    • sindar225's Profile Photo

Outdoor skating rinks

Warsaw Dec 5, 2014 at 4:15 AM

Hi everybody!

I'm going to Warsaw in early January and I'm trying to figure out if there are any outdoor ice rinks in Warsaw?

Thanks in advance.

more
    • avening1970's Profile Photo

electric plug for warsaw, poland

Warsaw Nov 28, 2014 at 4:24 AM

can you use ordinary euro plug adaptor in warsaw

more
    • EasyMalc's Profile Photo

Public Transport from Airport to Hotel Sofitel

by EasyMalc Online Now Oct 14, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I shall be flying into Wroclaw next month and want to travel to the Hotel Sofitel by public transport if possible.
      I believe bus 406 will take me from the airport to the city centre but I would like to know the best way from there. If I get off at the end of the journey can I get a bus or tram from there. The Hotel Sofitel is in sw. Mikolaja not far from the Rynek. Something tells me I'll need to get off somewhere else but I'm not sure where the connecting tram/bus stops will be.
      Alternatively would it be better to take a taxi but I'll be travelling on my own.
      Thanks for any help.

12 Answers Oct 19, 2012 at 1:07 PM
    • Del.'s Profile Photo

Activities in Wroclaw

by Del. Online Now Oct 10, 2012 at 5:08 AM

I'm looking for an adventure activity to do in Wroclaw to do with my girlfriend. I'd love to drive a tank or shoot a gun, something adventurous.

When I search online all I find are stag parties which clearly we are not.

Has anyone any recommendations?

Thanks

3 Answers Oct 19, 2012 at 1:05 AM
    • Del.'s Profile Photo

Hotel in Wroclaw

by Del. Online Now Oct 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Myself and my girlfriend are going to Wroclaw for 3 nights at the start of November.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel near enough to the city?

Cheers for your help

3 Answers May 8, 2014 at 5:43 AM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Toll roads Vienna-Wroclaw?

by schmechi Online Now May 30, 2012 at 7:27 AM

I'll travel from Vienna to Wroclaw by car. Are the highways in Czech Republic and Poland subject to charge?
      In case of affirmation: Will I be able to pay on location or will I need some kind of vignette or hardware? Do I need foreihn currency or will they take EURO too? Or is it possible to pay with credit card?
      Thanx in advance!

3 Answers May 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Parking in Wroclaw

by schmechi Online Now May 17, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I'll visit Wroclaw in June by car and therefor I want to know where to park my car. I'll stay in the city centre (ul. Sw. Antoniego) for two nights. Are there parking spaces nearby? What do they cost? I was told, that new park & ride schemes for the Eurowere were built in Woroclaw, where are they located? (As I use a route guidance system, exact addresses would be helpful)
      Thanx in advance!

3 Answers Jun 3, 2012 at 3:34 PM
    • boltonian's Profile Photo

Horse Racing

by boltonian Online Now May 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Hi all, Anyone know where I can find the fixtures for the horse racing at Wroclaw this summer?

Thanks

4 Answers May 17, 2012 at 8:20 AM
    • travel from wroclaw

by celina77 Online Now Apr 25, 2012 at 12:08 AM

what is the best way to get from wroclaw to legnica. I am ariving to W around 7pm by plain and then I want to get to Legnica either the same night preferably, or next day

4 Answers Jun 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    • rmdw's Profile Photo

Lots to see in Wroclaw

by rmdw Online Now Dec 31, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I'm visiting Europe for only the 2nd time this coming year, 2012. One of the places I definitely plan to visit is Opole, as my dad was born there when it belonged to Germany. He had also often talked about Breslau (now Wroclaw). I don't know a thing about this place and am wondering if other tourists have had an enjoyable time visiting there for a few days?

If so then I'm thinking I could make that my "home base" while I find a way to visit tiny Opole for a few hours.

All ideas would be appreciated,

Robert

5 Answers Jan 3, 2012 at 3:07 AM
    • durenkamp's Profile Photo

Place to stay/meeting people

by durenkamp Online Now Aug 13, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Hi,

From the 4th of september till the 18th of September I am travelling trhough Poland by train.

I am looking for people to meet and hang out with and who maybe can offer me a place for the night.

My travelling schedule is:

Lodz Sunday, September 4 Arrive from Dortmund
      Monday, September 5
      Tuesday, September 6

Krakov Wednesday, September 7 Arrive by train
      Thursday, September 8

Warsaw Friday, september 9 Arrive by train
      Saterday, September 10

Gdansk Sunday, September 11 Arrive by train
      Monday, September 12

Poznan Tuesday, September 13 Arrive by train

Wroclaw Wednesday, September 14 Arrive by train
      Thursday, September 15

Lodz, Friday, September 16 Arrive by train
      Saterday, September 17
      Sunday, September 18 Leave to dortmund

Hope to hear from you,

Bye,

Robert, 41 year old mail from the Netherlands

2 Answers Aug 13, 2011 at 6:04 AM

Wroclaw or Gdansk

by schmechi Online Now Feb 5, 2011 at 2:36 AM

I am planning to visit Poland during the UEFA Euro 2012 and Warsaw seems to be a must-see (and also a necessity due to flight connections), but I wonder, which second host city I should visit...

I did some online research and Gdansk as well as Wroclaw are offering a lot. Which of these cities you'd recommend? I've to add, that I am also intrested in "classical" sights (like buildings and monuments) and in history... Additionally party matters, but I suppose, that during the EURO there won't be huge differences between the host cities...

7 Answers Aug 17, 2011 at 12:42 AM
    • Wroclaw to Bratislava

by jamespaultg Online Now Oct 18, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I am visiting Wroclaw during the first week of November. I am planning to go to Bratislava from there. I checked out fights, but then there is no direct flight - have a connection at Warsaw and with nearly 5 hours waiting time. I tried to find trains, I can see the schedule but cannot book it online. Can anyone tell me if I can book tickets online for this route? Or is there a bus connecting these places. Please suggest..

5 Answers Oct 19, 2010 at 10:37 PM
    • Polish Speaking Guide Needed in Wroclaw

by MattUSADC Online Now Aug 19, 2010 at 6:13 AM

Photographer/journalist needs Polish speaking guide. I will be in Wroclaw Sept. 1 -6. Thanks in advance.

Matt

1 Answer Aug 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    • Antidamen's Profile Photo

safe to travel to wroclaw now?

by Antidamen Online Now Jun 2, 2010 at 12:24 PM

I've been reading in newspapers that there has been a flood in Poland recently - how serious was this flood, and is the city of Wroclaw damaged by this, or is it safe to go there for vacation in July?

4 Answers Jun 3, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    • THE COMMUNIST BAR

by cimber Online Now May 4, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I'm due to visit Wroclaw in June 2010.
      Some friends have mentioned 'The Communist Bar' somewhere near the Rynek,
      apparently it's lively & interesting but I have no details about location.
      Also during my stay (Hotel Tumski) I would look for interesting bars in that vicinity.
      Any suggestions ?
      Best regards,
      Tony D.

3 Answers May 11, 2010 at 9:16 AM
    • Soon to Visit Wroclaw

by cimber Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM

1). Does anyone have any idea if there are 'Flea Markets' held in Wroclaw or nearby ? Locations/Operational days please....
      2). Which tram travels from Train/Bus Station to Tumski Ostrawa Bridge/Catedral ?
      Any help re these q's would be gratefully received......
      Regards,
      Tony D.

3 Answers Apr 6, 2010 at 5:33 PM
    • Anisa85's Profile Photo

Best place to live

by Anisa85 Online Now Feb 25, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Hello,

I will be working for 6 months in Wroclaw starting June. I can choose where I'd like to live and was wondering if any of you could give me some specific areas where there are a lot of young people, bars, restaurants, stores, etc. Thank you!

7 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 4:24 AM
    • Fakes in Poland

by kesie Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Hallo everybody:-) I have little strange question:-) How is in Poland with fakes clothing? I hear,that on the streets are big fake markets it´s reall? And how about customs officers there? Are tolerant for fakes?
      Thanks for your reply

11 Answers Nov 27, 2009 at 2:02 PM
    • wroclaw saigon hotel

by jojosun Online Now Jul 31, 2009 at 12:33 PM

can someone here please advise on this hotel ???

is it still open the phone nos no reply ????

any suggestions on good central hotels medium range price ??
      many thanks

1 Answer Aug 1, 2009 at 11:25 AM
    • supertripper's Profile Photo

Hostel in Wroclaw

by supertripper Online Now Jul 22, 2009 at 2:15 AM

Hi there,

I want to go to Wroclaw for a few days, I found the cheap hostel, dizzy daisy summer hostel. Can U tell me something about it? there is link to the this one Hostel, www.wroclawhostel.pl.

thx for reply.

1 Answer Aug 19, 2009 at 5:20 AM
    • how to get from vienna to wroclaw

by maria_sp Online Now Jun 22, 2009 at 6:49 AM

hello!
      I'm coming in september to Wroclaw and all the tickets that I have found are a little bit expensive. So I found a cheap flight to vienna and I am trying to find a way to get from vienna to wroclaw. Is there any connection either by train or by bus?
      thanks gyus!

1 Answer Jun 22, 2009 at 7:59 AM
    • freemattia's Profile Photo

Covered market

by freemattia Online Now Jan 14, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Someone can tell me when it is open the market? Is it during the week? Is it on sundays?
      Thanks for your help
      freemattia

2 Answers Jan 14, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    • Any suggestions for authentic Polish restaurants?

by lambje Online Now Jan 6, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Hi, I've another question. Does anyone have asuggestion for nice restaurants, that serve good authentic Polish food and are not too expensive?

Also any suggestions for nice bars?

Thanks a lot!

2 Answers Feb 3, 2009 at 1:39 PM
    • How to get from the airport to Wroclaw city centre?

by lambje Online Now Jan 6, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Hi, me and my friend will be visiting Wroclaw from 17-20 January. Could anyone tell me what is the best way to get from the airport to the city centre, and what should be the approximate costs? Thanks!

• Wroclaw-Prague

by nknicholson Online Now Sep 30, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Trying to get a direct train or bus from Wroclaw to Prague. HELP. Any suggestions?

4 Answers Oct 1, 2008 at 1:59 PM
    • Train from Amsterdam? Hotels in Wroclaw?

by robbie79 Online Now Sep 2, 2008 at 1:51 AM

I will be travelling from Amsterdam to Wroclaw (probably via Germany) in November 2008. Where do I start? There are so many different train ticket outlets. How do i know which is the best? Not authentic? Etc?

Also, any suggestions regarding Hotels in Wroclaw? Nothing too expensive and not too cheap either.

Many thanks : )

5 Answers Sep 16, 2008 at 12:44 AM
    • AuldHarry's Profile Photo

Wroclaw-Gdansk night train.

by AuldHarry Online Now Jul 18, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Hi folks,

Greetings from Scotland! Does anyone know if there are couchettes available on the night train from Wroclaw to Gdansk and if so how they can be booked in advance (ideally online). I'm hoping to take the train that leaves late on Saturday 9th August.

Grateful for any help,

AuldHarry.

• From Wroclaw to Prague

by aalishan Online Now Apr 28, 2008 at 7:51 AM

Hello: I want to travel from Wroclaw to Prague by train. On previous Friday I took a train to Krakow and it took 5 hours to travel a distance of 200km. Is there a fast train operating between Wroclaw and Prague. Nobody among the ticketing staff speaks or understands english :( sooo help me out .

What can be some other option? bus ?

2 Answers Nov 27, 2009 at 2:10 PM
    • Train from Wroclaw to Budapest

by cvn4691 Online Now Apr 19, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Thanks so much for all your replies. We want to take a night train from Wroclaw to Budapest on the evening of May 23. Please advise me of 1) whether there is night train leaving Wroclaw for Budapest or we need to go to another city in order to go to Budapest, 2) how we can make the reservation for a double sleeper and how long in advance we should make the reservation, and 3(if you know) the total price for a double sleeper. Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 20, 2008 at 12:32 AM
    • Does the public tram/bus go to areas like the karpatz? mountain?

by mjfeaster Online Now Apr 19, 2008 at 4:58 AM

Do you know if the public bus/tram system in Wroclaw is extensive. I would like to see some of the mountain areas and some places outside the walking area of Wroclaw.

2 Answers May 7, 2008 at 12:56 AM
    • Train from Wroclaw to Budapest

by cvn4691 Online Now Apr 18, 2008 at 7:57 PM

We (2 persons) will be staying in Wroclaw from May 19-23 and going from Wroclaw to Budapest on the evening of May 23, 2008. Please let me know whether I need to reserve for train tickets now or I can just buy the ticket on in Wroclaw. If I need to buy them in advance, please let me know the website where I can buy. Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 20, 2008 at 1:18 AM