change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• schmechi's Profile Photo

Wroclaw or Gdansk

by schmechi Online Now Feb 5, 2011 at 2:36 AM

I am planning to visit Poland during the UEFA Euro 2012 and Warsaw seems to be a must-see (and also a necessity due to flight connections), but I wonder, which second host city I should visit...

I did some online research and Gdansk as well as Wroclaw are offering a lot. Which of these cities you'd recommend? I've to add, that I am also intrested in "classical" sights (like buildings and monuments) and in history... Additionally party matters, but I suppose, that during the EURO there won't be huge differences between the host cities...

7 Answers Aug 17, 2011 at 12:42 AM
    • Wroclaw to Bratislava

by jamespaultg Online Now Oct 18, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I am visiting Wroclaw during the first week of November. I am planning to go to Bratislava from there. I checked out fights, but then there is no direct flight - have a connection at Warsaw and with nearly 5 hours waiting time. I tried to find trains, I can see the schedule but cannot book it online. Can anyone tell me if I can book tickets online for this route? Or is there a bus connecting these places. Please suggest..

5 Answers Oct 19, 2010 at 10:37 PM
    • Polish Speaking Guide Needed in Wroclaw

by MattUSADC Online Now Aug 19, 2010 at 6:13 AM

Photographer/journalist needs Polish speaking guide. I will be in Wroclaw Sept. 1 -6. Thanks in advance.

Matt

1 Answer Aug 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    • Antidamen's Profile Photo

safe to travel to wroclaw now?

by Antidamen Online Now Jun 2, 2010 at 12:24 PM

I've been reading in newspapers that there has been a flood in Poland recently - how serious was this flood, and is the city of Wroclaw damaged by this, or is it safe to go there for vacation in July?

4 Answers Jun 3, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    • THE COMMUNIST BAR

by cimber Online Now May 4, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I'm due to visit Wroclaw in June 2010.
      Some friends have mentioned 'The Communist Bar' somewhere near the Rynek,
      apparently it's lively & interesting but I have no details about location.
      Also during my stay (Hotel Tumski) I would look for interesting bars in that vicinity.
      Any suggestions ?
      Best regards,
      Tony D.

3 Answers May 11, 2010 at 9:16 AM
    • Soon to Visit Wroclaw

by cimber Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM

1). Does anyone have any idea if there are 'Flea Markets' held in Wroclaw or nearby ? Locations/Operational days please....
      2). Which tram travels from Train/Bus Station to Tumski Ostrawa Bridge/Catedral ?
      Any help re these q's would be gratefully received......
      Regards,
      Tony D.

3 Answers Apr 6, 2010 at 5:33 PM
    • Anisa85's Profile Photo

Best place to live

by Anisa85 Online Now Feb 25, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Hello,

I will be working for 6 months in Wroclaw starting June. I can choose where I'd like to live and was wondering if any of you could give me some specific areas where there are a lot of young people, bars, restaurants, stores, etc. Thank you!

7 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 4:24 AM
    • Fakes in Poland

by kesie Online Now Oct 26, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Hallo everybody:-) I have little strange question:-) How is in Poland with fakes clothing? I hear,that on the streets are big fake markets it´s reall? And how about customs officers there? Are tolerant for fakes?
      Thanks for your reply

11 Answers Nov 27, 2009 at 2:02 PM
    • wroclaw saigon hotel

by jojosun Online Now Jul 31, 2009 at 12:33 PM

can someone here please advise on this hotel ???

is it still open the phone nos no reply ????

any suggestions on good central hotels medium range price ??
      many thanks

1 Answer Aug 1, 2009 at 11:25 AM
    • supertripper's Profile Photo

Hostel in Wroclaw

by supertripper Online Now Jul 22, 2009 at 2:15 AM

Hi there,

I want to go to Wroclaw for a few days, I found the cheap hostel, dizzy daisy summer hostel. Can U tell me something about it? there is link to the this one Hostel, www.wroclawhostel.pl.

thx for reply.

1 Answer Aug 19, 2009 at 5:20 AM
    • how to get from vienna to wroclaw

by maria_sp Online Now Jun 22, 2009 at 6:49 AM

hello!
      I'm coming in september to Wroclaw and all the tickets that I have found are a little bit expensive. So I found a cheap flight to vienna and I am trying to find a way to get from vienna to wroclaw. Is there any connection either by train or by bus?
      thanks gyus!

1 Answer Jun 22, 2009 at 7:59 AM
    • freemattia's Profile Photo

Covered market

by freemattia Online Now Jan 14, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Someone can tell me when it is open the market? Is it during the week? Is it on sundays?
      Thanks for your help
      freemattia

2 Answers Jan 14, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    • Any suggestions for authentic Polish restaurants?

by lambje Online Now Jan 6, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Hi, I've another question. Does anyone have asuggestion for nice restaurants, that serve good authentic Polish food and are not too expensive?

Also any suggestions for nice bars?

Thanks a lot!

2 Answers Feb 3, 2009 at 1:39 PM
    • How to get from the airport to Wroclaw city centre?

by lambje Online Now Jan 6, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Hi, me and my friend will be visiting Wroclaw from 17-20 January. Could anyone tell me what is the best way to get from the airport to the city centre, and what should be the approximate costs? Thanks!

• Wroclaw-Prague

by nknicholson Online Now Sep 30, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Trying to get a direct train or bus from Wroclaw to Prague. HELP. Any suggestions?

4 Answers Oct 1, 2008 at 1:59 PM
    • Train from Amsterdam? Hotels in Wroclaw?

by robbie79 Online Now Sep 2, 2008 at 1:51 AM

I will be travelling from Amsterdam to Wroclaw (probably via Germany) in November 2008. Where do I start? There are so many different train ticket outlets. How do i know which is the best? Not authentic? Etc?

Also, any suggestions regarding Hotels in Wroclaw? Nothing too expensive and not too cheap either.

Many thanks : )

5 Answers Sep 16, 2008 at 12:44 AM
    • AuldHarry's Profile Photo

Wroclaw-Gdansk night train.

by AuldHarry Online Now Jul 18, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Hi folks,

Greetings from Scotland! Does anyone know if there are couchettes available on the night train from Wroclaw to Gdansk and if so how they can be booked in advance (ideally online). I'm hoping to take the train that leaves late on Saturday 9th August.

Grateful for any help,

AuldHarry.

• From Wroclaw to Prague

by aalishan Online Now Apr 28, 2008 at 7:51 AM

Hello: I want to travel from Wroclaw to Prague by train. On previous Friday I took a train to Krakow and it took 5 hours to travel a distance of 200km. Is there a fast train operating between Wroclaw and Prague. Nobody among the ticketing staff speaks or understands english :( sooo help me out .

What can be some other option? bus ?

2 Answers Nov 27, 2009 at 2:10 PM
    • Train from Wroclaw to Budapest

by cvn4691 Online Now Apr 19, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Thanks so much for all your replies. We want to take a night train from Wroclaw to Budapest on the evening of May 23. Please advise me of 1) whether there is night train leaving Wroclaw for Budapest or we need to go to another city in order to go to Budapest, 2) how we can make the reservation for a double sleeper and how long in advance we should make the reservation, and 3(if you know) the total price for a double sleeper. Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 20, 2008 at 12:32 AM
    • Does the public tram/bus go to areas like the karpatz? mountain?

by mjfeaster Online Now Apr 19, 2008 at 4:58 AM

Do you know if the public bus/tram system in Wroclaw is extensive. I would like to see some of the mountain areas and some places outside the walking area of Wroclaw.

2 Answers May 7, 2008 at 12:56 AM
    • Train from Wroclaw to Budapest

by cvn4691 Online Now Apr 18, 2008 at 7:57 PM

We (2 persons) will be staying in Wroclaw from May 19-23 and going from Wroclaw to Budapest on the evening of May 23, 2008. Please let me know whether I need to reserve for train tickets now or I can just buy the ticket on in Wroclaw. If I need to buy them in advance, please let me know the website where I can buy. Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 20, 2008 at 1:18 AM
    • tour bus or car rental?

by mjfeaster Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Okay, another question. We will be staying in Wroclaw, but would like to go to Aushwitz and the Krakow Salt mine. There is a bus tour to Aushwitz, but not to the salt mine. I was wondering if getting a car rental for a couple of days is recommended. Is driving a car rental to the Krakow area easy to do? Also, do you have any suggested drives around the Wroclaw area?

5 Answers Apr 16, 2008 at 5:03 AM
    • going to Auschwitz from Wroclaw AND Wroclaw Info

by mjfeaster Online Now Apr 12, 2008 at 8:30 AM

We are going to Wroclaw this April for three days and would like some tips on the area and where to stay and eat. Also, can you tell me the best way to get to the Auschwitz Memorial and how long it would take. Thanks!!!

3 Answers Apr 19, 2008 at 5:02 AM
    • StefEverill's Profile Photo

Directions from airport

by StefEverill Online Now Apr 2, 2008 at 7:37 AM

Hello, I'm flying in to Wroclaw in June and hiring a car before driving to my family's home in Prudnik (I think I have to head for Opole/Nysa?)

This is my first time flying into Wroclaw, as I've always flown into either Krakow or Katowice.

Would anyone be able to give me directions?

Cheers.

Stef

2 Answers Apr 10, 2008 at 7:39 AM
    • A break from Vodka

by alibabe Online Now Feb 21, 2008 at 10:00 PM

Hi - we will be in wroclaw for 3 nights at end of Feb. we are obviously going to sample vodka/beer, but would also like to know if there is a boat tour/city tour (not walking). have found some info about a boat but it is not in English. We would like to go out of the city for a tour too - is hiring a car something you would recommed - would like to see little villages maybe....

2 Answers Feb 22, 2008 at 4:02 PM
    • Rotterdam to Wroclaw

by JackieMcCarroll Online Now Feb 17, 2008 at 7:59 AM

Can you travel easily by train from Rotterdam to Wroclaw? If so, what connections need to be made? How/where can I find website info to plan for this trip? Typical cost?

2 Answers Feb 17, 2008 at 10:53 AM
    • A DIFFERENT WROCLAW HOTEL

by kittenchop Online Now Feb 14, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Hi Everyone,
      I am trying to find a reasonably priced medium standard hotel (180-220 PLN) fairly close to Old Town. I keep finding a list of the same hotels over and over no matter which website I have tried, including Polish websites as well. I know there has to be a huge amount of hotels in this area, they are just not so easily accessible on the net. Does anyone know of any NOT listed here on virtual tourist?

2 Answers Feb 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM
    • Train from Vienna to Wroclaw

by cvn4691 Online Now Feb 4, 2008 at 10:19 AM

Please let me know whether there is train from Vienna to Wroclaw and how long it would take. Thanks.

1 Answer Feb 4, 2008 at 10:27 AM
    • Carrefour

by welthy Online Now Jan 8, 2008 at 8:13 AM

Hi there is there a Carrefour in Wroclaw? And do you know if they sell English Brand cigerettes.

Many Thanks

1 Answer Feb 22, 2008 at 2:52 PM
    • martiman's Profile Photo

Hotel System Premier Location

by martiman Online Now Jan 4, 2008 at 5:45 AM

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are travelling to Wroclaw for a couple of days in March 2008. We are staying at the Hotel System which is located at Al M. Kromera. I believe this is some distance from the city centre - can anyone advise on the best way to travel into the city from there. Is it on a tram or bus route? If we take a taxi, about how much will it cost?

Lastly, can you recommend any good restuarants / friendly bars near the hotel?

Many thanks

Martiman

2 Answers Jan 5, 2008 at 11:31 AM