Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• meeson's Profile Photo

budget for 5 days

Warsaw Nov 4, 2015 at 12:33 PM

hi vt'ers
      any idea what budget I would need for 5 nights in December. the hotel is paid for and I will have one night of eating in a decent restaurant. also a few beers per night as well.

• Poland - Wroclaw

Poland Nov 4, 2015 at 12:30 AM

I'm planning to visit Wroclaw next month and I'm looking for a company which organises city tours. Maybe some other activites like paintball etc. Do you know anyone who is reliable?

• sihi's Profile Photo

Lukow or Siedlce

Siedlce Nov 3, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Are this towns worth a visit? We have 2 days in Eastern Poland and we would have some sightseeing and shoping. We would like to see some old sights, Market square (typical for Polish owns), historical streets.

Are there shoping centres? Where can I buy Polish made sport shoes, books of Stanislaw Michalkiewicz and Janusz Korwin-Mikke, Polish sparkling wines, Miody Pitne? My wife will want to buy clothes (Polish brands).

• New years eve

Warsaw Oct 31, 2015 at 6:47 AM

My husband and myself are travelling to Warsaw for new yars eve , we are staying at the Sheraton hotel. We are looking for a good restaurant to eat and celebrate. I know the Sheraton do have a party, but find it quite expensive. We will appreciate any help

• Things to do in Poznan

Poznan Nov 10, 2015 at 7:18 AM

What can I do for a day in April with my 35 year old son?

• sihi's Profile Photo

shopping, sightseeing, cheap accomodation

Warsaw Nov 3, 2015 at 1:57 PM

Can somebody recomend cheap hotel, hostel in Warsaw close to the city centre? Is it possible to find accomodation max 50 zloty per person?

Where can I buy Polish made sport shoes, books of Stanislaw Michalkiewicz and Janusz Korwin-Mikke, Polish sparkling wines, Miody Pitne? My wife will want to buy clothes (Polish brands).

Polish style restaurant, cafe in Old town (Stare or Nowe Miasto area)?

Thank you

• the best way from warsaw to mikolajki

Mikolajki Oct 30, 2015 at 3:26 AM

the best way from warsaw to mikolajki

• Restaurants open Christmas Eve in Krakow

Krakow Nov 25, 2015 at 1:39 PM

Hello, do you know about restaurant in Krakow, that are open during christmas holidays? I am intersted in terms 24.12.2015 and 25.12.2015. Thank you very much in advance for your recomendations.

• Ferry Details

Swinoujscie Oct 29, 2015 at 4:04 AM

Hello, On Saturday 18th June we shall be leaving our hotel on the German island of Rugen and travelling to Miedzyzroje in Poland by car with two small dogs. We would like to use a ferry near Swinoujscie rather than go the long road route. I cannot seem to find very comprehensive information. I would like to know if we have to book the ferry or can we just arrive there. What times does the ferry run, how long it takes. Where do we go and what is the ferry company name and where does it land. Do we stay in the car with our two small dogs, how much does it cost etc. Also, having never been to Poland is there anything else we should know. The party comprises of 3 English women and 1 English man plus our little dogs. I would be very grateful if any of you kind people could help me. Thank you in advance. Best Wishes from Norfolk in the UK. Marion

• sihi's Profile Photo

Short trip to Eastern Poland from Belarus (Brest? Grodno?)

Poland Nov 2, 2015 at 10:11 AM

We are visiting Belarus now. I want to visit Poland, some towns close to border. Our transportation are public buses, trains and we have limited time and money.

So we have to choice to pass border in Brest/Terespol or Grodno. Which is faster and more easy to pass?

And which city, towns to visi in Poland? Lublin?, Bielsk Podlaski? Bialystok, Elk?, Suwalki? We have been to Biala Podlaska before. Warsaw looks to be too large city for short rip.
      Do Terespol have only (bus, train) connection to Warsaw direction?

We want to do some shoping (some food, Polish sport shoes and clothes, Polish cosmetics), some sightseeing (architecture, old buildings), local food, resaurant...

Can you recomend where pass the border and which place to visit in Poland?

Poland Nov 3, 2015 at 4:50 AM

I am intending to travel from Malta to Auschwitz next summer by motorbike. Does anyone know whether I can ride my motorbike up to the concentration camp car park please or do I need to get transport from my hotel by force. Secondly does anyone know of any other concentration camps in the general area that I can visit that are of interest. I have been to Dachau on more than one occasion so please do not suggest Dachau. Thanks

• Traveling with fencers - help!

by TrishaM4 Online Now Sep 17, 2015 at 4:56 PM

I am having trouble finding the fencing club my son is training at on the map. Can anyone tell me what part of town Klub Szermierczy Wroclawianie is located in? I am looking to rent an apartment nearby withing walking distance.
      Here is a link to the club website.

3 Answers Sep 25, 2015 at 11:58 AM
    • Which is the main station ??

by dewijones Online Now Aug 4, 2015 at 3:59 AM

There seems to be several train stations in Wroclaw ??
      Which is the main one ??

4 Answers Sep 25, 2015 at 12:04 PM
    • Wroclaw to Brno by train

by dewijones Online Now Jun 7, 2015 at 6:35 AM

Is it possible to get from Wroclaw to Brno by train ??
      If so , what's involved

2 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 8:17 AM
    • FrancescaPuggioni's Profile Photo

Going to Wroclaw with my dog!

by FrancescaPuggioni Online Now Mar 22, 2015 at 6:06 AM

I'm an italian student.I'm planning to go to Wroclaw for studying and take my dog with me. I'm not sure if it's convenient to go with the train or with car. Can somebody help me about these choice? Thank you

1 Answer Apr 10, 2015 at 11:39 AM
    • gkaralakis's Profile Photo

Exchange at Wroclaw

by gkaralakis Online Now Mar 21, 2015 at 9:23 AM

To make exchange from euros to Poland mo ey is better to fo it at Greece or at Poland (Wroclaw)..?

8 Answers Apr 1, 2015 at 9:05 AM
    • Wroclaw,Poland

by T.E.S Online Now Dec 29, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Hello, I'm joining my husband on a business trip at the end of January for one week. He is visiting a company in Olawa Poland. We were thinking about staying in Wroclaw. He needs to be at the company for Tues., Wed. and Thurs. We thought if we left on Fri. from Toronto, Ontario, we would take advantage of a stop over and also try to visit one other place for a couple of days before arriving in Wroclaw. Any suggestions on where to stop over first? When we arrive in Poland any suggestions on places to visit,stay and eat would be very helpful, also what kind of weather would we be in for at the end of Jan.? Thank you for any advise or suggestions.

7 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 3:46 AM
    • Pubs to go to and pubs to avoid

by neilgus73 Online Now Sep 30, 2014 at 10:19 AM

I'm going to Wroclaw at the end of November with 7 friends for our yearly catch up. We are all 40+ and are more than happy finding good drinking holes to stay in and cheap beer rather than trendy night clubs. We're staying at Hotel Sofia and any suggestions will be gratefully received.

• andrewdebono's Profile Photo

Train Timetables..

by andrewdebono Online Now Sep 30, 2014 at 8:15 AM

In order to travel from Wroclaw to Poznan, I shall most probably be using a train from Wroclaw Glowny, which I read, takes about 3 hours. Is the timetable on the local transport website reliable ? Cause I have heard that trains in winter tend to delay quite often, and that the trip I have mentioned above takes about 6 hours in reality..

2 Answers Sep 30, 2014 at 9:20 AM
    • andrewdebono's Profile Photo

by andrewdebono Online Now Sep 23, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Hi All..I will be travelling alone for the first time to Wroclaw and Poznan during the second week of is the weather like during that time of year? Is it rainy and too cold ?  Any information I should now for this particular time of the year ? Thanks ahead for your help..:)

3 Answers Sep 28, 2014 at 1:58 PM
    • Sundays in Wroclaw

by jantarbuxton Online Now Sep 16, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Any suggestions on how to spend an enjoyable sunday afternoon on a first visit to Wroclaw.
      I will be entertaining colleagues and only have the sunday before going out of town on business.
      Are many shops open ...
      nice traditional places to eat maybe on the river. I am familiar with Poland and my colleagues are not so it would be good to take them for a high standard polish restaurant for example... and to see some traditional sites... but with only about 5 hours spare how best to spend it?

8 Answers Aug 3, 2015 at 4:04 AM
    • anadyr's Profile Photo

Where to do your laundry in Wroclaw

by anadyr Online Now Sep 7, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Hi, I will be in Wroclaw from 2-5 October and in need of doing my laundry. I will be staying near the train station. Does anyone know of a laundromat in the vicinity. A couple of years ago I went to the Frania Cafe ( in Krakow, for a beer and to do my laundry. Does anyone know of a similar setup in Wroclaw?

1 Answer Sep 7, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    • anadyr's Profile Photo

Things to do in Wroclaw

by anadyr Online Now Aug 19, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Hi, I'm going to "throw this out" as a question. I have 2 full days in Wroclaw (October 3-4). I would like to visit Zagan to see the POW camp on one day and take a relaxed walking tour of the city (the other day). I have been looking at tours, but I would like to hear what you would suggest for a 2 day "tour" of the Wroclaw area. Thanks.

6 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 10:36 AM
    • Airport to Dizzy Daisy Hostel

by dewijones Online Now Aug 14, 2014 at 4:24 AM

How do I get from the airport to Dizzy Daisy Hostel

1 Answer Aug 14, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Transfer from Wroclaw airport into the city

by Kathrin_E Online Now Jul 29, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Next Saturday I am arriving at Wroclaw airport and have to get myself plus a big heavy suitcase into the city, precisely: to the student dorms in Plac Grunwaldski. (This is for a four week language class at the university.)

We got some basic information from the school concerning bus/tram connections but they sound complicated, especially with luggage.
      Which would be the best connection to take? Arrival time is 2 p.m. on Sat Aug 2.
      What tickets would I need and where to obtain them at the airport?
      Is it true that I need an additional ticket for my luggage?

How about taxis? They say taxis at the airport are expensive and they gave us a telephone number to call for cheaper taxis, but I do not yet feel confident about making a phone call in Polish!!! After the class that will be different but not before!
      How much will a regular taxi, i.e. one that I grab at the taxi ranks at the airport, cost from the airport to Plac Grunwaldski?

Do I assume correctly that there are ATMs at the airport?

Apologies if I sound silly but the worst stage of travel fever has kicked in and I am currently a bit hysteric... so I'd be grateful for advice.
      Kind encouraging words are also welcome;-)

4 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    • Wroclaw to Bydgoszcz by train

by dewijones Online Now Jul 23, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Is it possible to go from Wroclaw to Bydgoszcz by train ???
      What 's involved ???
      Can I save money by booking in advance ??
      I will probably be travelling on a Sunday. Does this affect anything ???

3 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 11:34 AM
    • Drive Rental or Leave Car Parked?

by Ravell Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Will be there next week picking up a rental at airport, now when visiting Wroclaw should my wife and I take transit or drive the car? How is parking etc?

Thanks RAv

• how to go to hotel polonia

by francisgrech Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I am going to stay in hotel polonia in ul.pilsudskiego, can any one help me how to arrive ther from the airport using the bus route 406.thank you.

6 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    • Which is better _Poznan or Wroclaw

by Karthiksm Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Pls do help me out in choosing between Poznan or Wroclaw for a two day stint in October for tourism and weather and culture..

4 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Summer language courses at Wroclaw university

by Kathrin_E Online Now May 24, 2014 at 11:51 PM

I have started learning Polish last year and recently heard that Wroclaw university offers intensive language courses of four weeks duration during the summer. The programme sounds interesting: and I am seriously considering it, although I am hardly beyond beginner level and it might be too early this year.

Anyway: Is there anyone around who has done this? I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences.

(It's Wroclaw because I have friends/connections there, hence less interested in other cities.)

• Wroclaw to Bydgoszcz

by dewijones Online Now May 8, 2014 at 5:22 AM

What are the options for getting from Wroclaw to Bydgoszcz by public transport ??

5 Answers May 9, 2014 at 4:59 AM
    • May 3 constitution day

by dgf95831 Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Hi, I am going to be in Wroclaw during Consitution Day. What happens that day that would be of interest to a tourist?

2 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 11:17 AM
    • BRIPIE's Profile Photo

Horse racing

by BRIPIE Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Hi Does anyone know where i can find the horseracing fixtures for 2014 in wroclaw we are traveling in June.

5 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 1:22 PM
    • Local enthusiast and guide

by AlwaysExploring Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 1:55 PM

My wife and I will be visiting in mid-June 2014. We always try to meet locals with a good knowledge of the city who are willing to act as our local "guide" so that we can get a locals perspective rather then a tour book view. We do the same thing for visitors to the San Francisco Bay Area. We feel that we get so much more depth traveling this way.

Anyone out there interested or know someone who is like-minded?

5 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 1:31 PM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

wroclaw in feb

by meeson Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 3:02 AM

hi vt'ers
      im off to Wroclaw in February for 10 days. what are the best bars and clubs. ill be staying in a hostel close to the old square so any advice will be welcome. its just a cheap 10 days away so I don't really want to be spending lots of money
      thanks guys and gals

1 Answer Nov 21, 2013 at 5:52 AM
    • Indian groceries in Wroclaw

by preetimhaskar Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Is there an Indian Grocery store in Wroclaw?

1 Answer Oct 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    • scobie123's Profile Photo

poznan to berlin by train or by bus!

by scobie123 Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM

what is the best way to get to and from Poznan to berlin, cheap and in maybe one day!!!

7 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    • KerryS10's Profile Photo

shopping in wroclaw

by KerryS10 Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Is it cheap to shop inpoland

14 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    • om_212's Profile Photo

from Katowice to Wroclaw

by om_212 Online Now Aug 6, 2013 at 11:58 PM

whats is the best way to get from the Katowice Airport to Wroclaw. I would like to avoid getting first to Krakow and then to Wroclaw. thanks, Olya

4 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    • Ticket for the 406 bus.

by doctorfloyd Online Now May 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Hi!!! I have two questions:
      -I will land at the Wroclaw airport and I would like to know where can I buy a single ticket for the bus 406 to go to the city centre; at the newspaper kiosk, perhaps? ticket vending machines? to the driver?
      -Should I buy a ticket for my hand luggage?
      Thank you very much.

7 Answers May 5, 2013 at 1:57 AM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Train ticket from Wroclaw to Berlin

by tracyskf Online Now Apr 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM

this on Wroclaw and Berlin forum

This is a very specific question on purchasing train ticket online - hope someone can assist.

I am trying to purchase ticket for one way Wroclaw to Berlin in early June via the website:

I could purchase online tickets for destinations within Germany, however having difficulty doing so for Poland to Germany. The website mentioned I have to opt for the tickets to be mailed (post) physically.

Can anyone advise is online ticket possible and provide specific advise on this? Thanks!

13 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 6:47 AM