Wroclaw

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• May 3 constitution day

by dgf95831 Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Hi, I am going to be in Wroclaw during Consitution Day. What happens that day that would be of interest to a tourist?

Dgf95831

2 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 11:17 AM
    • BRIPIE's Profile Photo

Horse racing

by BRIPIE Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Hi Does anyone know where i can find the horseracing fixtures for 2014 in wroclaw we are traveling in June.

Thanks

5 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 1:22 PM
    • Local enthusiast and guide

by AlwaysExploring Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 1:55 PM

My wife and I will be visiting in mid-June 2014. We always try to meet locals with a good knowledge of the city who are willing to act as our local "guide" so that we can get a locals perspective rather then a tour book view. We do the same thing for visitors to the San Francisco Bay Area. We feel that we get so much more depth traveling this way.

Anyone out there interested or know someone who is like-minded?

5 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 12:57 PM
    • meeson's Profile Photo

wroclaw in feb

by meeson Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 3:02 AM

hi vt'ers
      im off to Wroclaw in February for 10 days. what are the best bars and clubs. ill be staying in a hostel close to the old square so any advice will be welcome. its just a cheap 10 days away so I don't really want to be spending lots of money
      thanks guys and gals

1 Answer Nov 21, 2013 at 5:52 AM
    • Indian groceries in Wroclaw

by preetimhaskar Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Is there an Indian Grocery store in Wroclaw?

1 Answer Oct 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    • scobie123's Profile Photo

poznan to berlin by train or by bus!

by scobie123 Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM

what is the best way to get to and from Poznan to berlin, cheap and in maybe one day!!!

7 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    • KerryS10's Profile Photo

shopping in wroclaw

by KerryS10 Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Is it cheap to shop inpoland

14 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    • om_212's Profile Photo

from Katowice to Wroclaw

by om_212 Online Now Aug 6, 2013 at 11:58 PM

whats is the best way to get from the Katowice Airport to Wroclaw. I would like to avoid getting first to Krakow and then to Wroclaw. thanks, Olya

4 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    • Ticket for the 406 bus.

by doctorfloyd Online Now May 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Hi!!! I have two questions:
      -I will land at the Wroclaw airport and I would like to know where can I buy a single ticket for the bus 406 to go to the city centre; at the newspaper kiosk, perhaps? ticket vending machines? to the driver?
      -Should I buy a ticket for my hand luggage?
      Thank you very much.

7 Answers May 5, 2013 at 1:57 AM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Train ticket from Wroclaw to Berlin

by tracyskf Online Now Apr 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM

this on Wroclaw and Berlin forum

This is a very specific question on purchasing train ticket online - hope someone can assist.

I am trying to purchase ticket for one way Wroclaw to Berlin in early June via the website:
      http://www.bahn.com

I could purchase online tickets for destinations within Germany, however having difficulty doing so for Poland to Germany. The website mentioned I have to opt for the tickets to be mailed (post) physically.

Can anyone advise is online ticket possible and provide specific advise on this? Thanks!

13 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Churches of Peace

by tracyskf Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Can someone share the best way to see both the Churches of Peace within the same day? I plan to visit early in the morning, then overnight (perhaps in Wroclaw) and depart to Berlin the next day.

Appreciate accommodation suggestion - is it best to stay in Wroclaw and do a day trip to churches? Suggestions welcomed.

3 Answers Mar 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    • laldred's Profile Photo

Taxi Fares in Wroclaw

by laldred Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Will be arriving at Wroclaw Airport late at night, and seeking a Taxi to the Hotel in Bialoskornicza, Stare Miasto. Could you please give me an idea of the cost of a Taxi for 2 passengers + Cases?

1 Answer Feb 5, 2013 at 1:57 PM
    • weddings

by mywaytotravell Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM

my nephew is getting married in brzeg,and i need to book hotel,and travell to the area where best to stay.my flight is to wroclaw

1 Answer Feb 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    • MichaelS85's Profile Photo

bus or train Wroclaw to Zarow , near Swidnica

by MichaelS85 Online Now Jan 10, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Hi, anyone know if there is a reliable bus (or train) service from Wroclaw to Zarow (P 58-130) ? I will be travelling in May 2013. Cheers

1 Answer Jan 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    • sport on tv

by superjools Online Now Nov 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Hi, i am one of a group of 12 men who annually have a weekend away, usually in March. We always plan the weekend to coincide with a good weekend of sport and in March there are Six Nations rugby matches and Premier League football. We have been to Krakow twice and had no problem watching Rugby and Football on T.V. However we would like to visit Wroclaw instead for a change but will we have difficulty in finding bars that will show Rugby and Football? Very grateful for any info' and tips.
      Julian

• EasyMalc's Profile Photo

Day Trip

by EasyMalc Online Now Oct 25, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I may be able to squeeze in a day trip out of the city whilst I'm in Wroclaw. Can anybody suggest somewhere I shouldn't miss. I'll be using public transport and it'll probably be a Sunday.
      Thanks

12 Answers Dec 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM
    • EasyMalc's Profile Photo

Public Transport from Airport to Hotel Sofitel

by EasyMalc Online Now Oct 14, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I shall be flying into Wroclaw next month and want to travel to the Hotel Sofitel by public transport if possible.
      I believe bus 406 will take me from the airport to the city centre but I would like to know the best way from there. If I get off at the end of the journey can I get a bus or tram from there. The Hotel Sofitel is in sw. Mikolaja not far from the Rynek. Something tells me I'll need to get off somewhere else but I'm not sure where the connecting tram/bus stops will be.
      Alternatively would it be better to take a taxi but I'll be travelling on my own.
      Thanks for any help.

12 Answers Oct 19, 2012 at 1:07 PM
    • Del.'s Profile Photo

Activities in Wroclaw

by Del. Online Now Oct 10, 2012 at 5:08 AM

I'm looking for an adventure activity to do in Wroclaw to do with my girlfriend. I'd love to drive a tank or shoot a gun, something adventurous.

When I search online all I find are stag parties which clearly we are not.

Has anyone any recommendations?

Thanks

3 Answers Oct 19, 2012 at 1:05 AM
    • Del.'s Profile Photo

Hotel in Wroclaw

by Del. Online Now Oct 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Myself and my girlfriend are going to Wroclaw for 3 nights at the start of November.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel near enough to the city?

Cheers for your help

3 Answers Oct 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Toll roads Vienna-Wroclaw?

by schmechi Online Now May 30, 2012 at 7:27 AM

I'll travel from Vienna to Wroclaw by car. Are the highways in Czech Republic and Poland subject to charge?
      In case of affirmation: Will I be able to pay on location or will I need some kind of vignette or hardware? Do I need foreihn currency or will they take EURO too? Or is it possible to pay with credit card?
      Thanx in advance!

3 Answers May 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Parking in Wroclaw

by schmechi Online Now May 17, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I'll visit Wroclaw in June by car and therefor I want to know where to park my car. I'll stay in the city centre (ul. Sw. Antoniego) for two nights. Are there parking spaces nearby? What do they cost? I was told, that new park & ride schemes for the Eurowere were built in Woroclaw, where are they located? (As I use a route guidance system, exact addresses would be helpful)
      Thanx in advance!

3 Answers Jun 3, 2012 at 3:34 PM
    • boltonian's Profile Photo

Horse Racing

by boltonian Online Now May 15, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Hi all, Anyone know where I can find the fixtures for the horse racing at Wroclaw this summer?

Thanks

4 Answers May 17, 2012 at 8:20 AM
    • travel from wroclaw

by celina77 Online Now Apr 25, 2012 at 12:08 AM

what is the best way to get from wroclaw to legnica. I am ariving to W around 7pm by plain and then I want to get to Legnica either the same night preferably, or next day

4 Answers Jun 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    • rmdw's Profile Photo

Lots to see in Wroclaw

by rmdw Online Now Dec 31, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I'm visiting Europe for only the 2nd time this coming year, 2012. One of the places I definitely plan to visit is Opole, as my dad was born there when it belonged to Germany. He had also often talked about Breslau (now Wroclaw). I don't know a thing about this place and am wondering if other tourists have had an enjoyable time visiting there for a few days?

If so then I'm thinking I could make that my "home base" while I find a way to visit tiny Opole for a few hours.

All ideas would be appreciated,

Robert

5 Answers Jan 3, 2012 at 3:07 AM
    • durenkamp's Profile Photo

Place to stay/meeting people

by durenkamp Online Now Aug 13, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Hi,

From the 4th of september till the 18th of September I am travelling trhough Poland by train.

I am looking for people to meet and hang out with and who maybe can offer me a place for the night.

My travelling schedule is:

Lodz Sunday, September 4 Arrive from Dortmund
      Monday, September 5
      Tuesday, September 6

Krakov Wednesday, September 7 Arrive by train
      Thursday, September 8

Warsaw Friday, september 9 Arrive by train
      Saterday, September 10

Gdansk Sunday, September 11 Arrive by train
      Monday, September 12

Poznan Tuesday, September 13 Arrive by train

Wroclaw Wednesday, September 14 Arrive by train
      Thursday, September 15

Lodz, Friday, September 16 Arrive by train
      Saterday, September 17
      Sunday, September 18 Leave to dortmund

Hope to hear from you,

Bye,

Robert, 41 year old mail from the Netherlands

2 Answers Aug 13, 2011 at 6:04 AM

Wroclaw or Gdansk

by schmechi Online Now Feb 5, 2011 at 2:36 AM

I am planning to visit Poland during the UEFA Euro 2012 and Warsaw seems to be a must-see (and also a necessity due to flight connections), but I wonder, which second host city I should visit...

I did some online research and Gdansk as well as Wroclaw are offering a lot. Which of these cities you'd recommend? I've to add, that I am also intrested in "classical" sights (like buildings and monuments) and in history... Additionally party matters, but I suppose, that during the EURO there won't be huge differences between the host cities...

7 Answers Aug 17, 2011 at 12:42 AM
    • Wroclaw to Bratislava

by jamespaultg Online Now Oct 18, 2010 at 12:29 PM

I am visiting Wroclaw during the first week of November. I am planning to go to Bratislava from there. I checked out fights, but then there is no direct flight - have a connection at Warsaw and with nearly 5 hours waiting time. I tried to find trains, I can see the schedule but cannot book it online. Can anyone tell me if I can book tickets online for this route? Or is there a bus connecting these places. Please suggest..

5 Answers Oct 19, 2010 at 10:37 PM
    • Polish Speaking Guide Needed in Wroclaw

by MattUSADC Online Now Aug 19, 2010 at 6:13 AM

Photographer/journalist needs Polish speaking guide. I will be in Wroclaw Sept. 1 -6. Thanks in advance.

Matt

1 Answer Aug 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    • Antidamen's Profile Photo

safe to travel to wroclaw now?

by Antidamen Online Now Jun 2, 2010 at 12:24 PM

I've been reading in newspapers that there has been a flood in Poland recently - how serious was this flood, and is the city of Wroclaw damaged by this, or is it safe to go there for vacation in July?

4 Answers Jun 3, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    • THE COMMUNIST BAR

by cimber Online Now May 4, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I'm due to visit Wroclaw in June 2010.
      Some friends have mentioned 'The Communist Bar' somewhere near the Rynek,
      apparently it's lively & interesting but I have no details about location.
      Also during my stay (Hotel Tumski) I would look for interesting bars in that vicinity.
      Any suggestions ?
      Best regards,
      Tony D.

3 Answers May 11, 2010 at 9:16 AM