Wroclaw Travel Answers

change location
Anisa85's Profile Photo

Best place to live

by Anisa85 Online Now Feb 25, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Hello,

I will be working for 6 months in Wroclaw starting June. I can choose where I'd like to live and was wondering if any of you could give me some specific areas where there are a lot of young people, bars, restaurants, stores, etc. Thank you!

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • gmartly's Profile Photo

Re: Best place to live

by gmartly Online Now Feb 27, 2010 at 3:00 PM

hi there :)

The best place would be probably centre (where most of the pubs and night clubs is located) but it's difficult to find a flat in reasonable price unless you want to share it. If not the centre i would recomend two other areas (both have really good transport connections with the city centre) First is districkt called "Krzyki", which is south Wroclaw - very safe part. I would look for a flat along Powstancow slaskich street (which is one of the main streets in wroclaw and going directly to the centre of wroclaw - the name of the street changes the name just before centre for Swidnicka street but basically it's like one really long street). Anyway i think the best is to look around Powstancow slaskich street till lets say South Park (after that could be a little bit to far to get to the centre) Frm south park it takes around 20 minutes by tram, plus there are 4 tram lines going to the city centre so you never wait longer for a tram than 5- max 10 minutes. Aslo university of economics near to "Rondo" = roundabout and dormitories make it quite popular among students. the other place is near to " Plac grunwaldzki" where are located two other universities and lots of dormitories. It's close to the centre and i would called that part more alive than "Krzyki" district. If you're looking for place just for 6 months i guess neighbourhood of "grunwaldzki plac" wouldn't be bad idea for you. Most of the clubs and almost all night life is cumulated in the city centre. Hope it was helpfull and not too confusing ;) If you will need more help or just want to ask about something feel free. Take care :)

Jo

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Anisa85's Profile Photo

by Anisa85 Online Now Mar 8, 2010 at 6:10 AM

Thank you so much! The information you have me was so useful. I received a link of a possible apartment from my job:

translate.google.com/transla...

I think this is pretty much perfect according to what you say. I hope it's still available in June...

One other question I had: I would like to go to the gym pretty often while I'm there. Are gyms fairly well spread out in Wroclaw? If anything maybe you can give me the name of the best/most popular gym and maybe i can look up their locations and see how far they are from my potential apartments.

Thanks again!

by gmartly Online Now Mar 12, 2010 at 2:36 AM

hey :)

I'm glad i could help. I can't have a look at the link you posted to see the flat but i will do it later but i guess if you say it's alright than it's probably is :)

good choice as i'm in to fitness a lot. I would say Wroclaw is pretty good with the amounts of fitness clubs, gyms. I will take a look at your flat location and send you few links for nearest fitness clubs which are worth of visiting.
    also find out at work if company you'll be working for take part in multisport/ benefit programm. As an employee you will get MULTISPORT card it's a reall bargain and is accepted in most of the gyms, fitness clubs, joga centres, dance classes etc around Wroclaw (there are pretty cool things on offer e.g. salt cave and much much more) Take care and if you have any more questions just write :)

Jo

by Anisa85 Online Now May 10, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Hello Jo!

Hope everything is going well. So they found an apartment for me. The address they gave is 87/2H Prusa St. in Wroclaw.
    I saw that it wasn't south of the river where most of the nice places you mentioned were, what's this neighborhood like? I guess I don't have much of a choice at this point now anyway.

Another question I had was: is it difficult to travel from Wroclaw to other countrys? I wanted to visit Prague at some point but I guess I might have to fly out of Warszawa. How long does it take to take a train to Warszawa. Is it difficult to get to the airport after that? THANKS!

by gmartly Online Now May 16, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Hi there,

I checked that on Google map and it's not bad location. Nowowiejska street (check it out: maps.google.pl/maps?hl=pl&ta... is one of the main roads so you shouldn't have problems with public transport. I'm pretty sure company wouldn't offer you low standard apartment so in my opinion it should be fine...I can't recall how exactly the street looks like and can't tell you too much about the neighbourhood as I'm not visiting that part of the city very often but I'm pretty sure it will be fine.

Travelling by trains in Poland is very long and inconvenient so if I were you I would go by train straight to Prague cause as far as I know the journey will take less than train from Wroclaw to Warsaw. There is no flight directly from Wroclaw to Prague but it's not far so train or car shouldn't take long.
    Wrocław airport operates cheap flight like ryanair or wizzair which mostly fly to western european countries e.g UK, France, Italy (check ryanair or wizzair websites for more details) Hope you will enjoy satying in Wroclaw. Wish you luck and enjoy :D
    Jo

by Anisa85 Online Now Jul 22, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Hi !!

I have now been living in Wroclaw for about one week and I really like it here. My apartment is nice - not too big but enough for one person. There are no students right now in Wroclaw and I am told that it gets very crowded once school starts. I have been hanging out mostly with a coworker of mine, Marta. If youre in Wroclaw and would like to hang out with us feel free to contact me; you've been very helpful. My number here is 510-032-449. Thanks again! Feel free to suggest and restaurants, fun things to do, clubs etc. My friend Marta has only been in Wroclaw for 6 months (she is from Poznan) and we're not too familiar with it. :)

by gmartly Online Now Jul 22, 2010 at 3:22 PM

hey :)

Shame I received ur message today, as tomorrow I'm flying to London. You should go and see new opened place called " das lokal" on odrzanska street (near to rynek). It's very new place so not many people know about it but I think it's really cool and the owners are nice. Anyway check it out you won't regret :) Recently i enjoyed meal in Alladin's (we took Alladins special - meal for few people and not only we were full but we paid 50 pln for whole meal:) it's on odrzanska street too. You could check Vis a vis on ruska street (Place to have a drink) and to be honest I don't have other ideas because i haven't been in wroclaw during the summer for 6 years so I don't really know what's going on in the city when students are gone. This week the movies festival starts so try that too. Enjoy your time here :) glad i could help. Take care.

Jo :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines