Wollongong Travel Answers

change location
Niic's Profile Photo

Shell Harbour!!

by Niic Online Now Sep 22, 2004 at 11:19 PM

Im heading to Shell Harbour for the week next week for work & was wondering what there is to do there?? I have the afternoons off, what should I do with my time?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mikmnoosa's Profile Photo

Re: Shell Harbour!!

by mikmnoosa Online Now Sep 23, 2004 at 7:05 AM

It is still a bit cold down that way at the moment but Shellharbour has two excellent surf beaches and has an excellent dive site called Bass Point, which is a marine park, so if diving is one of your hobbies there are three dive shops in town that has all the gear. The night life is nothing to write home about but there are some good restaurants in the town that don't cost an arm and a leg. Don't hesitate to ask for any other info that you might want. Regards, Michael

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • swings's Profile Photo

Re: Shell Harbour!!

by swings Online Now Oct 8, 2004 at 3:35 AM

Hi, As I recall, you'd be pretty close to Kangaroo Valley and Fitzroy Falls. Drive down to Berry, then up the STEEP mountain for this scenic drive. We loved the Falls..... a sheer drop!!! And you're at the top! Be silent on the path, and you might see lyre birds, wombats, etc.... It's not a hard walk at the Falls, and there is a nice information center. Parking is3. I think we passed a number of antique stores, etc., in Kangaroo Valley.... There are also some nice shells on the beach of Shell Harbour, plus you're within sight of some of the Five Islands (there's an old legend to explain them) And you're not too far from the Blow Hole of Kiama or the Nan Tien Buddhist Temple in Wollongong. So there's a bit to see down there... w

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines