Wojewodztwo Zachodniopomorskie

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Places to see in Szczecin

Szczecin Apr 3, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Which is the best place to go in Szczecin after 6pm?

3 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 2:23 AM
    • From Krakow by train

Miedzyzdroje Mar 3, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Can we get from Krakow to Miedzyzdroje by train in one day? Thanks.

3 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 3:10 AM
    • How is the opportunity for shopping and spa service here in Swinoujscie?

Swinoujscie Mar 2, 2014 at 11:17 AM

My boyfriend (swedish) and I (norwegian) are going to Świnoujście for 2 days in the easter-weakend.
      I wondering about the opportunities for shopping? What type of shops can i find, is there any markeds, what can I expect? How is the prices?
      We're never been in Polen before, so I'm gladly taking tips from you about all things we should try out and experience!
      And one more thing, have you tried any spa service? Is it worth trying?:)
      Hope for some answers:))

3 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    • Farmers Market

Szczecin Nov 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Two years ago my wife and I explored Szczucin, Poland (near Bork and Dabrowa Tarnowska), an area her mother's parents are from. While there we particularly enjoyed the Farmer's Market just outside of town. Carol hopes to re-visit the town with a favorite aunt, our grown daughter, her sister and niece next September. Can anyone tell me if the Farmers Market is operated daily, just weekends, or ust Saturdays? We would like to plan the visit so we could re-visit the farmers market.

2 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 5:10 AM
    • Oder River festival 2013 ?

Szczecin May 6, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I was at the River festival in Szczecin 3 years ago in July.
      Would like to know if its a Yearly thing and if so, when it will take place this year.
      Thank you.

1 Answer Jan 31, 2014 at 5:13 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Best way to get from Szczecin to Fort Gerharda in Swinoujscie?

Szczecin Feb 3, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Hello all
      I'm planning a day trip to Swinoujscie to see the fort and it's museums etc. Would I be best served to just hire a car and drive there for the day? Can anyone tell me if there is any public transport going there?
      Many thanks everyone!
      DG

2 Answers Feb 5, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    • Are there any fish or seafood restaurants or stores in town?

Kolobrzeg Aug 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM

My mother and cousin traveled there a few years ago for the annual get-together of folks from Germany (although she lives in the USA and he in Austria). My cousin's father had a fish store there, probably in the 40s and 50s and was asking if there are any fish or seafood restaurants there now. He didn't see any when they just visited. Thanks.

1 Answer Aug 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM
    • Shopping honda spare parts in Szczecin region

Szczecin Apr 7, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Hi, I am planning a tour trough poland and further south to germany and now I wonder if there are some MC shops along the tour, maybe there is a website also,
      kind regards from Sweden

1 Answer Apr 9, 2012 at 12:03 PM
    • The centrum ferry

Swinoujscie Feb 1, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Is the Centrum ferry still only available to local people in cars? Will we be able to use this ferry with our camper van registered in the UK?

Thanks

Andrew
      Bristol UK

2 Answers Feb 2, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    • Which hotel would you recommend?

Szczecin Aug 4, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Hi everybody,

I have the choice between some hotels and I wanted to ask you which one you could recommend?

The hotels are:

Hotel Kapitan
      Hotel Campanile Szczecin
      Hotel Ibis Szczecin
      Hotel Orbis Neptun
      Hotel Park

They will cost about the same so I would be most grateful for advice which one to choose.

Thank you and greetings,

midnightfever

1 Answer Oct 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM
    • Traditional restaurant for birthday and pub tour

Szczecin Aug 4, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Hi everybody,

we will be celebrating a birthday on a monday night in Szczecin and I am looking for a place with good polish food, not too expensive, good and cheap beer :) and nice atmosphere.

If anybody knows a good place, please let me know!

After eating we would go out for a pub tour, does anyone know good places which are not so expensive and which might be little busy on a monday night?
      Maybe even live music?

Thank you so much and greetings,

midnightfever

1 Answer Aug 4, 2010 at 12:17 PM
    • Tram fare help

Szczecin Jun 13, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Can someone explain the difference between 'Normal' and 'Half-fare' for the trams? Thank you.

2 Answers Jun 13, 2010 at 3:04 PM
    • Internett conection

Szczecin Jun 1, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Is there internett connection in the Panorama hotel in Szczecin? Would like to be able to use my computer in my own room is this possible?

1 Answer Jun 1, 2010 at 3:27 AM
    • transport to Bad Doberan

Swinoujscie Feb 20, 2010 at 8:30 AM

How can you travel from Swinoujscie to Bad Doberan in Germany?

3 Answers Mar 6, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    • children under 2 years in cars

Szczecin Nov 20, 2009 at 1:37 AM

what are the laws with children under the age of 2 year travelling in cars and how do you go if your a tourist ?

1 Answer Nov 20, 2009 at 11:15 AM
    • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Sidetrips from Szczecin

Szczecin Jul 4, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Hello VT friends and members,

We will be in Szczecin for a long weekend in teh middle of July. We are also thinking about going on a daytrip or at least a sidetrip to another town from Szczecin, preferably to the Baltic coast.

Ideas already include Kolobrzeg or Swinoujscie. So what are the best otions to get there by public transport? For me it looks like trains are kind of slow on these routes.

Please feel free to suggest any other places which shouldn't be missed as sidetrips when in Szczecin.

If anyone is interested in a little VT meeting in Szczecin around the 17th until the 19th of July, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you

HORSCHECK

23 Answers Jul 9, 2009 at 2:00 AM
    • Bus Szczecin to Berlin after 9pm ?

Szczecin Oct 27, 2008 at 5:53 PM

Hi, does anyone know of a bus service that departs from Szczecin to Berlin after 9pm on a Thursday? Train does not seem to be an option as the last train leaves Szczecin at 8.53pm and I might not make it on time. The two bus companies I'm aware of (Interglobus and BerlinLinienBus) all have their last bus service around 6pm. Anyone know of another option? Are there any other airport shuttles to Berlin besides Interglobus?

Thanks!

6 Answers Nov 2, 2008 at 3:44 AM
    • Floriny's Profile Photo

Cheap place to stay in szczecin

Szczecin Aug 29, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Hello! My name is Florin 22yo, from Romania. I was in Szczecin 2 weeks ago, and I like that city so much, and i want to plan my next trip there. To problem is that, 2 weeks ago I stayed at a hostel, named Amicus. The next time I want to be in middle of october, and the lady from there said that it will be full of students that time :| This will be a big problem. There I payed 32 zl/day.
      Can anyone tell me what I can find there at around this price? Coz, I found some pensjonat Rika near the centrum but on the website says that cost 35 zl/ day and when I called, it`s 80 zl... the maixum that I can pay is 40-50 zl/day as I want to stay there 5 or 7 days.
      Please Help me! I`ll appreciate!!

3 Answers Oct 9, 2008 at 3:20 PM
    • Pub crawl in Szczecin

Szczecin Jul 23, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Hi

We are going to Szszecin for my buddies stag party and i was wondering if
      there are some organized pub crawles.

If not where should we go?

We are all students between 25 and 30 and would prefere hangouts for the young
      crowd rather than some trandy and expensive night clubs.

We were also unable to find hostels in Szczecin(ideally close to the center or
      train station).

How about "bary mleczne"? What is the best one?

Can anybody help?

Cheers

Bernard

3 Answers Sep 16, 2008 at 4:42 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Why are there no tourists allowed on the main ferry?

Swinoujscie May 6, 2008 at 4:00 AM

When Poland joined the Schengen area, the border between the German and the Polish part of the island of Usedom was opened for traffic, making travelling there much easier. We had planned to go to the Bison park and the Museum of Nature, then on to Kamien Pomorski, had got some Zloty, a good map of Swinoujscie and left early. It was easy to follow the signs towards the ferry, but when it was our turn,a young employee walked up to us and told us we couldn't take the ferry. I quote: "You cannot take this ship,it is for people from this city only".
      So we went back to the German part of the island and saw the bisons in the much smaller park there.

Is this ferry off-limits for tourist all the time? Or was it because we were early and it was still rush hour for the many commuters? We didn't see any signs except the main ones, leading us to the ferry.
      Does anybody know?

11 Answers May 8, 2008 at 1:49 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

How to get to the Park with Europeans Bisons?

Swinoujscie Jan 6, 2008 at 1:28 PM

I read about a park with a breeding programm of European bisons on the island of Wolin, near Swinoujscie, and would like to go there. We'll be staying on the German part of Usedom and can't take the car into the Polish part,as the border is for pedestrians only.So unless this has changed with Poland being a Schengen state , we have to take public transportation to the bison park. Is there a bus taking tourists to the park? Or should we take a taxi?
      Again, thank you for any information.

2 Answers Jan 8, 2008 at 3:24 AM
    • fishing holiday

Kolobrzeg Dec 6, 2007 at 1:41 PM

can you help with suggestions for trout fishing holiday ideas/places to fish in spring 2008

• transport between szczecin to berlin

Szczecin Aug 25, 2007 at 3:55 PM

any tips on travel between szczecin and berlin and back ?
      b
      us or train times and how much ?
      many thanks from london

1 Answer Aug 29, 2008 at 12:18 PM
    • szczecin to berlin

Szczecin Aug 25, 2007 at 3:48 PM

hi there all wonderful residents of szczecin can some one tell me please
      best way to get from szczecin to berlin and back again ? bus or train ? and
      how much and how often ?
      also any tips on good night clubs bars for a single lover of the night life
      l
      ike my self where one does not feel threatend by other jealous guys?
      many thanks to you all and best regards from south kensington london
      where i live close to the oldest polish restaurant in london called daquis

3 Answers Aug 28, 2007 at 3:51 AM
    • Local buses

Szczecin May 21, 2007 at 6:44 PM

Hi,
      In September I will be finishing a kayak trip started last year and ending in Trzebiez. I have to get back to Trzebiez from Szczecin; hopefully by bus. I understand the train no longer runs on the tracks I see on my map. I guess there is a bus station near the train station in Szczecin. Can I get a bus from there? Do you know how often it runs and what it's number is?

5 Answers Jun 10, 2007 at 1:44 PM
    • Szczecin - The Tall Ships' Races in August

Szczecin May 3, 2007 at 9:52 AM

I'm going to visit Szczecin for a couple of days during the Tall Ships' Races in August. Can anyone recommend me any good and not too expensive hotel? Maybe any tips about good restaurants? Or what else to see and do in Szczecin? Are there any other VT-ers also coming to Szczecin for this festival?

4 Answers Jun 10, 2007 at 11:17 PM
    • Bosman Beer

Szczecin Dec 8, 2006 at 5:38 AM

Hi, My name is Martijn Bosman and i live in The Netherlands. Over here there is no Bosman beer available and no merchandise of Bosman, too.
      Does anyone know where to look on the internet ?
      I wrote to the brewery several times, but got no reply.
      Maybe someone from Szczecin can help me....
      Thank you,
      Martijn Bosman

9 Answers May 22, 2007 at 9:19 AM
    • Instrument store in Szczecin

Szczecin Oct 22, 2006 at 9:41 AM

I'm looking for a musical instrument store,
      selling drum-kits near the coastline...
      Is there such a store in Szczecin..?
      Anyone?

1 Answer Oct 23, 2006 at 6:22 AM
    • Charismimatic's Profile Photo

Urgent Request Buses

Szczecin Jun 26, 2006 at 1:08 AM

Hi,

I am in Berlin, but my Schengen visa runs out in 2 days - on 28.06, and I need to leave the country. Decided to travel to Szczecin for a day but can not find a bus company whose buses travel there and returns everyday or at least on Mon, Tue, Wed - SOS pls!

I would also want to stay in the city for the night - anyone to recommend a cheap and comfortable hotel in the centre (or hostel but with single rooms)?

10x a lot!

Mariya

12 Answers Jun 27, 2006 at 4:47 PM
    • Linse's Profile Photo

Markets in Szczecin

Szczecin Mar 5, 2006 at 12:30 PM

Hi
      We are going to szczecin in april. Can anyone tell us where there is some good markets and the address?? Also where its good to buy music and DVD´s.
      Thanks

4 Answers Mar 7, 2006 at 3:28 AM