Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Any restaurant open on Subdat in Krakow and do we need reservations

Krakow Apr 13, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Any restraunts open this Saturday and Subday and are reservations beeded

more
    • Restaurants in Jewish quarter

Krakow 17 hours ago

Can anybody recommend any traditional not too touristy restaurants in the Jewish section of Krakow (where we are staying). How much should we expect to pay for a meal. and what is the cost of a normal bottle of wine.

more
    • Susanrw's Profile Photo

Weather in the Fall?

Siedlce Apr 15, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I will be in Siedlce in September or October. Is the weather significantly different? What should I expect for the weather?

more
    • Lake next to Krakow?

Krakow Apr 15, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Hi
      I read about a lake next to Krakow city, which is ideal for swimming, spend some time on a short walk and be lazy half the day. But I can´t remember the name!
      We will visit Krakow in June and would be also very thankful for hints what to do/see/visit with a young child (2 years)!
      THX

more
    • local Medical insurance for entering Belarus

Warsaw Apr 16, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I am US citizen, going to Belarus via Warsaw. Where can I buy that special "local Belorussian medical insurance" to enter Belarus? Can I buy it at the Airport? Thank you!

more
    • Travel in Pomerania

Poland Apr 6, 2014 at 7:23 AM

I will be travelling throughout Pomerania this August-September. I want to travel by car throughout the countryside. I do not want to go from hotel to hotel. Would it be easier with a car to have Gdansk as a home base or a smaller city somewhat close Gdansk? And what smaller city around there is nice to stay in? Any help would be appreciated.
      Monica

more
    • May 3 constitution day

Wroclaw Mar 27, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Hi, I am going to be in Wroclaw during Consitution Day. What happens that day that would be of interest to a tourist?

Dgf95831

more
    • Restaurants

Krakow Apr 13, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Does anyone know if any restaurants will be open the 18th, 19th and 20th in Krakow Poland. We didn't relize it was a German holiday.

more
    • Places to see in Szczecin

Szczecin Apr 3, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Which is the best place to go in Szczecin after 6pm?

more
    • Apple Store

Poland Mar 28, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Is there an official Apple store in Warsaw or Krakow? If so, what is its address? Thanks.

more
    • Auschwitz Tours

Krakow 17 hours ago

How much should a tour of Auschwitz which includes an English speaking guide. we are looking for a tour company that will pick you up at your hotel and not a central point. What time does the tour bus normally start, as we are not very early rises. Any information on this subject will be appreciated.

more
    • Fun activities

Lodz Apr 16, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hi, I work for a British television company and we are looking for an activity to do in Lodz for 14 people to do that will be fun and entertaining as we will be filming it for English television.

Does anyone have an idea? I'm thinking something quirky and not a typical tourist activity such as a museum!

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

train travel from Warsaw to Krakow

Warsaw Apr 14, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to take to the train from Warsaw to Krakow on September 14, 2014. I am wondering if there is such a train for that day. If so, how long is the train ride? I am meeting a friend in Krakow, who is coming in from the U.K., so I do need to be in Krakow on September 14. So would it be advisable to purchase the train ticket the day before the train journey or should I purchase the train ticket on-line before I leave the U.S.?

Thank you

more

Popular Wojewodztwo Wielkopolskie Travel Answer Locations

• justmenia's Profile Photo

First time in Poznan

Poznan Nov 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I'm going to Poznan next week (1-9dec) and will be staying in Novotel.
      Is it easy traveling around Poznan by public transport?
      Is there any Asian Restaurant near the Novotel?
      Thank you so much in advance :)
      Nia.

3 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    • Looking to buy a sofa/armchairs with removable covers .

Poznan Mar 16, 2013 at 7:26 AM

I am visiting Poznan in the next few months and want to buy some furniture whilst I'm there. Where is the best place to go to buy a sofa and armchair with removable covers - I want to be able to go somewhere that has a great choice of fabric designs as I'm not keen on plain colours. Thank you.

• Sites for Camper Vans

Poznan May 7, 2012 at 4:14 AM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get a list of sites for Camper Vans in the Poznan area. (During Euro 2012).

Or are there local villages or rural areas outside the city of Poznan where you can park or camp?

Thanks

JK.

3 Answers May 22, 2012 at 6:38 AM
    • madregus's Profile Photo

Questions about Proznan

Poznan Mar 10, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Hi!
      I´m going to spend a week in Proznan and I have some questions.
      How can go from the airport to the center?
      Can anyone recommend me some interesting bars and pubs in Proznan?
      That´s all for now. Thank you very much in advance!
      Susana

3 Answers Mar 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    • dizzy daisy hostel

Poznan Jul 21, 2011 at 7:41 AM

i am going to spend few days in poland and i will stay one night in poznan. i was recommended by an acquaintance to stay at dizzy daisy hostel. he said it's cheap and the location is nice. does anybody know the place?

• jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

An afternoon/evening in Poznan

Poznan Jul 27, 2010 at 2:44 AM

Dzien dobry,

In late August I will be travelling back from Gdansk to Brussells and will have an afternoon and the early part of the evening on Monday the 30th August 2010 in Poznan (beween trains).

I would like to see the great architecture, the goats striking the hour at the clock, have some good food and beer and perhaps go on a walking tour.

I beleive the museums are unfortunately closed, but still look forward to seeing the city.

I have also heard that a steam train runs between Poznan and Woltsyn but I will wait for another visit to see and ride on it.

Although this is not my first visit to Poland it will be my first time to Poznan.

Thank you (dziekuje bardzo)

1 Answer Dec 20, 2010 at 1:03 PM
    • Budapest - Kraków - Poznań - Kraków - Budapest

Poznan Jun 15, 2010 at 12:31 PM

hi everybody! i want to go to Poznań to visit my freind in july... unfortunatelly i don't know yet how to go, i just know that i want to go from our capital, Budapest to Kraków by bus, but after i have no idea how to continue my journey... can somebody help me? i'm interested in cheap optinos so maybe by train or by bus would be a good choice between Kraków and Poznań... how much would it be? can somebody help me? where can i find further information about the timetable and the prices? it would be S.O.S... thanks so much! / dziękuję bardzo!!! (:

PS: exactly i want to go to Piła, so if sombebody has information about how to go there after from Poznań... i would be really grateful! (:

7 Answers Jul 22, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    • Hotel Topaz

Poznan May 13, 2010 at 3:12 AM

we have a double room booked i would like more information on what is in the room do we have a full length mirror , is there towels, iron available for use .

• shop for fossils

Poznan Apr 9, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Do I find a shop for fossils in Poznan?

• public transport: Poznan airport - Suchy Las

Poznan Mar 17, 2010 at 4:24 AM

Hi there,

i am planning a trip to Suchy Las. I will fly in at Poznan airport. Just wondering is there public transportation i can use to get to Suchy Las (not too complicated, as i do not speak the language - if i get lost not sure I will make it;))

If not - are taxis ok to use? How expensive that might be from the ariport?

thanks a lot!

2 Answers Mar 20, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    • sprdak11's Profile Photo

Language Tandems in Poznan?

Poznan Mar 15, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Hello. I've heard that in some Polish cities there are organised "language tandem meetings" - where Polish and foreigners meet to talk and learn one another languages. Does anyone know if such meetings are organised in Poznan?

1 Answer Apr 12, 2010 at 1:33 AM
    • train from frankfurt to poznan

Poznan Jan 15, 2010 at 8:12 AM

i am going to visit someone in frankfurt, germany and then another person in poznan, poland.

would it be fun for me to catch the train between the two rather than fly? are there things to see in between? fun to be had? and it is cost effective? any input appreciated. thanks

8 Answers Jan 18, 2010 at 1:07 AM
    • SaraOh's Profile Photo

From Poznan to Torun

Poznan Apr 28, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Hi,

Would it be possible to go from Poznan to Torun at night? The flight will arrive at 20:40 at Poznan airport and I really need to go to Torun the same night.

Thanks in advance,

Sara

3 Answers Apr 29, 2009 at 2:20 PM
    • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Buying tickets for the Public transport at the Airport

Poznan Apr 7, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Hello all,

Where can I buy tickets for the public transport (e.g. Bus #59) at the Airport? Is it also possible to buy weekly passes there?

As an alternative, can I buy the ticket from the driver?

Thanks for your help

HORSCHECK

1 Answer Apr 8, 2009 at 12:33 AM
    • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Train ticket Poznan - Berlin

Poznan Feb 22, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Hello VT members and friends,

I will be in Poznan in the middle of April. I have the idea of returning back to Germany by train. Does anyone have an idea how much a single train ticket from Poznan to Berlin is?

Are there any buses serving this route? How much are they and how long does the bus trip take?

Thanks a lot for your help

HORSCHECK

3 Answers Apr 9, 2009 at 5:48 AM
    • Swan7's Profile Photo

Accomodation in and around Poznan

Poznan Jan 5, 2009 at 8:17 AM

I am planning to visit the Poznan area in April/May on a "Polish Roots" trip. My grandfather, and ancestors going back to 1826, all lived in a small place about 30km north of Poznan, called Ciszkowo, and were baptised and married in the Parish church of Lubasz. I want to visit these places, but have some questions.
      1) What is the best/cheapest way to get there from Warsaw? (I will be spending a few days there before going to Poznan area)

2) Are there hotels, or some kind of accomodation in either Ciszkowo or Lubasz?

6 Answers Jan 13, 2009 at 1:10 PM
    • sihi's Profile Photo

Shoping

Poznan Jun 25, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Hello!

28 june I will go to Poznan for 10 days. Would like to do some shoping there as city is great for that. Where can I buy good clothes and shoes of Polish brands? (not Reserved, Cropp town --> they are also in my country).
      Also interested in Polish made kitchen appliances - mixers, cordless kettles etc (for example "Zelmer")?

2 Answers Jun 26, 2008 at 2:37 AM
    • Jesperp's Profile Photo

Poznan Glowny (Poznan main railway station)

Poznan Oct 5, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Does Poznan Glowny have luggage boxes?
      Jesper

3 Answers Oct 9, 2007 at 7:46 AM
    • sihi's Profile Photo

Bus station, shoping in Poznan, Poland

Poznan Jul 7, 2007 at 1:16 PM

Hello,

Next week im going to Poznan. I will go from Tallinn to Warsaw. Is it cheaper to go by bus or train from Warsaw to Poznan? Do Poznan bus and railway stations locate far from city centre/down-town?

I would like to ask also, where large shoping centres/hypermarkets (Real, Geant...) are situated in Poznan? I am interested in buying different products made in Poland (clothes, cosmetics, electronics...)

Thank you!!:)

11 Answers Aug 5, 2007 at 8:12 AM
    • sihi's Profile Photo

Poznan, Poland - tourist attractions etc

Poznan Jun 13, 2007 at 4:27 AM

Hi!

I will visit Poznan in July for a week. What would you recomend me to visit in this city?
      I have been to Poznan, but only outside old town and downtown. I want to see old town and nice architecture in other parts of the city, want to do pictures of it and people.

What town/village/place is worth a visit near Poznan? Wrzesnia? Komorniki? Suchy Las? Kornik?

Are there city beaches (on river, lakes)?

3 Answers Jun 14, 2007 at 2:45 AM
    • Cheap hotels in Poznan

Poznan Dec 20, 2006 at 1:50 PM

I plan on going to Poland - Poznan for a 3-day stay, are there any hotels close to the city centre that are cheap and decent?

thanks in advance

• Drinking in Poznan

Poznan Dec 12, 2006 at 9:36 AM

My friend and I are going to Poznan for New Years Eve, and wondered if you could recomend some lively bars for us to drink in?

Preferably in the old town as that's where we'll be staying.

Cheers,

Louise

1 Answer Dec 14, 2006 at 2:18 AM
    • Neilski's Profile Photo

Airport to train station

Wojewodztwo Wielkopolskie Nov 1, 2006 at 10:47 AM

I am visiting friends in pila in december and im travelling Poznan via Warsaw.Ive looked at the bus map and 2 buses leave from Lawica to Dw.glowny pkp.One is number 59 to Baltyk and the other an L bus.Does the L bus go straight to the train station?

Next question: would 2 20 minute tickets be ok for the journey?(me and my suitcase)

1 Answer Nov 2, 2006 at 11:27 AM
    • xdescendx's Profile Photo

New Years Eve

Poznan Oct 20, 2006 at 8:16 AM

I'll be staying in Poznan this New Years Eve and I was wondering if anyone has ever spent this time of the year there. Doe's anyone know of any special functions going on in the city or any other ideas for a fun night?
      Thank you

1 Answer Oct 21, 2006 at 3:46 PM
    • xdescendx's Profile Photo

Car auction

Poznan Oct 19, 2006 at 11:10 AM

The last time I was in Poznan I passed a huge car lot and apparantly they hold auctions. I heard that it's a popular place. I think it's on the outskirts on 10n. Does anyone know the name?

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Jan 30, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    • GHANAIAN AMERICAN NEW TO POLAND

Poznan Aug 21, 2006 at 3:11 PM

FIRST LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF.MY NAME IS PATRICK AND I AM ORIGINALLY FROM GHANA BUT LIVING IN AMERICA.I AM TRAVELING TO POZNAN ON AUGUST 30 TO ATTEND SCHOOL.I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY AFRICAN RESTAURANTS OR MARKETS,CLUBS ETC.ARE THERE ANY PEOPLE FROM GHANA LIVING THERE?AND OF COURSE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THE LOCAL PEOPLE IN POZNAN!!ARE THEY FRIENDLY?IS THERE ANYTHING OF IMPORTANCE THAT I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE I ARRIVE?

2 Answers Aug 24, 2006 at 1:08 PM
    • Hotspur04's Profile Photo

WINE

Poznan Aug 17, 2006 at 5:02 AM

Where is a good place to buy wine in central Paznan?

2 Answers Aug 18, 2006 at 4:03 AM
    • simplysimon's Profile Photo

Suggestions on Transportation

Poznan Jul 24, 2006 at 10:24 PM

What tram do you suggest will take me from the Mercure to the Lech Stadium?

Is there a tram that will take me from the Stadium to the Old Market Square?

Thanks

1 Answer Jul 26, 2006 at 11:14 AM

I walk the line

Poznan Jul 19, 2006 at 9:36 PM

I would like to know how many kilometers it is from the Mercure to the Old Market Square?

2 Answers Jul 24, 2006 at 10:25 PM

It is all about the food...

Poznan Jul 19, 2006 at 9:33 PM

We are going to be staying at the Mercure and I would like to know if there are any restaurant near the hotel. I would like try Polish cuisine. Also is there grocery stores close to that hotel.

2 Answers Jul 24, 2006 at 10:26 PM