Wojewodztwo Slaskie

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Which bus or tram to take?

Czestochowa Jun 26, 2014 at 8:02 PM

We need to get to ul. 3 Maja from the train station, which bus or tram should I take? or should I just take a taxi? how much would it cost normally? I really don't want to get cheated and overcharged by a dishonest taxi driver.

more
    • Katowice Connection Enroute to Krakow

Katowice Jun 23, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I was hoping someone may be able to ease my tension. First time over in Europe at all and have easily booked trains when needed except when going from Vienna to Krakow. We now have a train arriving in Katowice at 12:32. Looking at polrail, they only have a 16:50 train even though on Bahn there is a much better 14:30 train. Is it worth waiting and just trying to buy a ticket at the Katowice station for the eariler train? And, worst case scenario, would I likely be able to get on the later train if needed still?

Thanks for any help you all can offer!

more

Popular Wojewodztwo Slaskie Travel Answer Locations

• Which bus or tram to take?

Czestochowa Jun 26, 2014 at 8:02 PM

We need to get to ul. 3 Maja from the train station, which bus or tram should I take? or should I just take a taxi? how much would it cost normally? I really don't want to get cheated and overcharged by a dishonest taxi driver.

1 Answer Jun 27, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • Katowice Connection Enroute to Krakow

Katowice Jun 23, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I was hoping someone may be able to ease my tension. First time over in Europe at all and have easily booked trains when needed except when going from Vienna to Krakow. We now have a train arriving in Katowice at 12:32. Looking at polrail, they only have a 16:50 train even though on Bahn there is a much better 14:30 train. Is it worth waiting and just trying to buy a ticket at the Katowice station for the eariler train? And, worst case scenario, would I likely be able to get on the later train if needed still?

Thanks for any help you all can offer!

3 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    • Eagl nest trail biking

Czestochowa Jun 21, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Can one make a bike trip from Czestochowa on the eagl nest trail/ ojcew National Park ( I only find website for trips from Krakkow). Where can you find a bycicle rental in Czestochowa? Or from where would you start a biketrip if you stay in Czestochowa.

3 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    • Visiting Kaatowice

Katowice Jun 20, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I will be visiting Jaworzno, I am indian and I'm afraid after hearing about racism, etc. Are there any dangers or security problems, if any what are the precautions? Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 6:39 AM
    • patbunyard's Profile Photo

bus from Katowice to Kraków

Katowice May 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Arriving by train to Katowice and would like to take bus to Kraków. Two bus stations in town. From where does the LINK bus leave, the train station? or the PKS station on Piotra Skargi? Thank you

4 Answers May 29, 2014 at 2:52 PM
    • Last train to Krakow

Czestochowa May 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Hi,

I might be coming to Poland in August and was wondering what time the last train would be from Czestochowa to Krakow on a Sunday and also what time the buses ran from in the afternoon? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Gary

3 Answers May 13, 2014 at 4:29 PM
    • Going from Warsaw to Czestochowa to Krakow

Czestochowa May 5, 2014 at 1:37 PM

We would like to go from Warsaw to Czestochowa, see the sites and the town of Czestochowa, and then proceed onward to Krakow - all in the same day. Does anyone know of a tour company that will do this? We would take a train from Warsaw to Czestochowa, and when we are ready to leave, take a train from Czestochowa to Krakow. The only problem would be what to do with our luggage as we tour Czestochowa. Any help regarding companies that do such tours would be most helpful. There are four adults traveling. Thank you in advnce for any help regarding this!!!

2 Answers May 14, 2014 at 2:54 AM
    • Guided Tour of Jasna Gora

Czestochowa Sep 19, 2013 at 12:21 AM

How does one arrange a guided tour of Jasna Gora that led by a monk or nun? I've heard of these tours but cannot find out how to arrange. I have seen included with transportation from Krakow, but we will be driving ourselves on our way to Warsaw.

1 Answer Sep 19, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    • OlhaV's Profile Photo

Katowice - Przemysl

Katowice Jul 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM

How can I get from Katowice to Przemysl after 23:00? Thank you.

2 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM
    • arturowan's Profile Photo

Katowice bus station > UKRAINE?

Katowice Aug 3, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Is there a bus from Katowice to anywhere in Ukraine? (that is, apart from the service operated by SINBAD - which arrives in Ukrainian destinations between 24:00-02:00 - so is really only suitable for locals...)

2 Answers Aug 31, 2012 at 2:45 PM
    • Drzonkow

Wojewodztwo Slaskie Jul 31, 2012 at 12:32 PM

My son will be in Drzonkow in September. I don't know if he will have much time to do any sightseeing (and he doesn't speak Polish) but in case he does get some free time, what is there to see and do nearby?

1 Answer Aug 7, 2012 at 3:17 AM
    • Getting help to change trains in Katowice

Katowice Nov 19, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I will be travelling from Krakow to Vienna and need to change trains in Katowice. I have only 9 minutes between trains. Can I make it? How can I get help? Are there station employees to assist? Porters? How do I get their attention? Wave a fistful of zlotys? I'm a 60 year old woman, so won't be able to run from one track to another.
      Thanks for all advice. Passel

3 Answers Nov 19, 2010 at 12:17 PM
    • Dance Clubs near Katowice, Silesia, Wroclaw and Krakow?

Katowice Aug 14, 2010 at 1:58 PM

My significant other/dance partner and I are visiting her family in Katowice area (Mikolow)several weeks and want to find clubs near Katowice, Silesia, Wroclaw and Krakow to DANCE. We really like to dance "Hustle" (Disco), retro Swing and Latin. We've both very comfortable in the "Ballroom" environment, but we'd prefer to go to a club instead of a dance school, as we'd like to invite our non-dancing family to go also. Any good suggestions where we might find a place and room to really dance, rather than just stand in a miniscule place and shake?

Thanks
      Bryan

PS: (yes we sometimes dance like "Dancing with the Stars" or "Taniec z Gwiazdami";0) But we don't need that much room this trip.
      bryanspins on facebook

3 Answers Jan 27, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    • JaredRSydney's Profile Photo

Public Transport Krakow - Katowice Airport

Katowice Jul 25, 2010 at 5:57 AM

Hello,

I've read a lot of information about people travelling away from Katowice but not travelling to. I would assume it would be the same but in reverse though am not having much luck!

I have a flight leaving on a Saturday morning at 10:55am.

I have found this train:

Train from Krakow Glowny to Katowice at 6:35am arriving 8:25am (4/9) TLK36104

What I've read from Wikipedia (yes, not a really reliable source) is that buses take 50minutes from central station to the airport and depart on the hour. Is this correct?

Would I therefore be able to catch the bus from Katowice at 9:00am arriving around 9:50am? That gives me just over an hour. Is that cutting it too fine?

Is there an easier option to get to the airport from Krakow? Thanks so much - a lot of the information I've found online is very old.

7 Answers Aug 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    • anna_s's Profile Photo

Train from Katowice to Bratislava

Katowice Jul 20, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Hi all! I've heard and read a lot about magic atmosphere of train station in Katowice. But still have essential questions.
      - What are opening hours of ticket offices?
      - Is is possible (i didn't find any option, but still do hope) to buy this ticket online?
      - Is is possible to buy ticket on board (of course with some extra money). If so, what should i do on the border? buy anothe ticket for Check territory and then Slovakian territory.

Tha fact is that i land to Katowice aiport about 5 pm and would love to catch late evening train to Bratislava.
      I would kindly appreciate any ideas and suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
      Anna

8 Answers Jul 21, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    • cvscott's Profile Photo

Katowice Airport to Train to Ostrava Czech Republic

Katowice Sep 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I am trying to get from Katowice airport (Wizz flight) to Katowice train station in the afternoon for a train to Ostrava. What is the easiest way to get between the two? Is there a train or direct bus? Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 27, 2009 at 3:05 PM
    • Train Travels

Czestochowa Sep 26, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Hi, I live in sweden but im planning to go to poland during this christmas, but i was wondering if i can travel from czestochowa to gdansk by train 01.01.1010? Is that possible? Since im travelling via gdansk airport. Thanks..

4 Answers Sep 28, 2009 at 7:02 PM
    • Anyone used carpolonia.pl/www.wizz-bus.com before?

Katowice Sep 3, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Hi all! I'll be arriving in Katowice on a Ryanair flight at 8pm on the 16th September.

I've been searching for airport transfers to Krakow, and carpolonia.pl / http://www.wizz-bus.com seem to be the cheapest! Has anyone used them before? Is it possible for me to book with the WizzAir bus company - despite not flying with them?

Thanks for any info!

3 Answers Aug 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    • Vihren's Profile Photo

Can one climb to the top of the tower in the Jasna Gora Monastery?

Czestochowa Jun 22, 2009 at 3:19 PM

And how much will that cost if one is allowed to go there?
      Thank you very much.

1 Answer Jun 23, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    • citytrip's Profile Photo

Bus Timetable advice please

Katowice May 17, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Hi, we are travelling to Katowice airport wkend 10th July we dont land till the early hours of saturday morning so decided to get the bus to Krakow and stay their the night as we thought it would be quicker to travel at that time of the night than in the morning. We will spend the day exploring Krakow then plan to return to katowice saturday night and stay over before flying back sunday evening. We would like to visit Auschwitz independently (not on a tour) and thought it would be easier to get to from Katowice but I am having difficulty finding bus time tables as I don't speak polish. Can anyone advise me what time I could catch a bus on the 12th July and how long the journey takes? We would probably aim to get a bus around 8am ish not sure what time we would need to head back probably around 4pm as we fly at 19:45. Any advice greatly appreciated. :-)

3 Answers May 26, 2009 at 12:30 AM
    • travel to czestochova

Czestochowa Feb 15, 2009 at 5:45 AM

Im flying with tyanair to Katowice ,how can I get from airport to czestochova by train or bus ,your advice appreaciated

1 Answer Feb 15, 2009 at 6:45 AM
    • Need some more help please

Katowice Feb 5, 2009 at 5:54 AM

Hi all,
      I arrive into Katowice Airport at 2:10 am in March. I am stayin in Katowice City for the night. I need to know is there a night train or bus running at this time to the city centre please, if not, how much should I expect to pay for a taxi one way? I would also like to know is there a bus that leaves Katowice City going to Oswiecim in the morning from 8am onwards? Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

2 Answers Mar 2, 2009 at 6:53 AM
    • Taxi from Katowice airport to Krakow

Katowice Jan 5, 2009 at 7:18 AM

Hi there

Am always keen to get to my 'base' as soon as possible so if it is not too expensive prefer to get a taxi rather than buses.

Can someone please give me some advice on roughly how much to expect to pay for a taxi to Krakow and what is the best option - to pre-book, pick up a taxi at the ariport or to phone a local company from the airport?

Also I like to take in a football game whilst on a break. Are there any attractive matchis in the Krakow area betweeen 19th and 22nd March?

Thanks

Steve

• ghosthunter's Profile Photo

Katowice Airport - Krakow Transportation.

Katowice Oct 20, 2008 at 2:31 PM

Hi,
      I will be arriving at Katowice Airport on a Ryanair flight at approx 1.20pm on a tuesday afternoon. I was hoping to get a bus to Krakow but i'm struggling to find booking info in English. I have looked at www.toandfromtheairport.com/poland.html which shows a Matuszek bus leaves the Airport at 2.05pm but booking page only appears to be in Polish. I've aslo found buses to coincide with Wizzair flights but no info on Ryanair. Also the official Airport website only gives a link to the Wizzair bus which is only available in Polish. The Ryanair website is even less helpful with this one. Thanks in advance for any advice.

5 Answers Oct 26, 2008 at 9:46 AM
    • Katowice Airport to Krakow

Katowice Sep 11, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Hi guys

We are on a Ryanair flight arriving in Katowice on 4/10 at 21.00 we would like to get to Krakow that evening - is it possible - are there buses?

We will do the return trip a week later

your help would be very much appreciated

1 Answer Sep 11, 2008 at 2:20 PM
    • fanfare for Icon of Black Madonna

Czestochowa Aug 26, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Does any one knwo the name of the fanfare that plays when the shield is opening and closing on the icon of Our Lady of Czestochowa? Our small Polish parish recently dedicated a smaller version of the shield for our icon and we would like to obtain a recoding of the fanfare for our pastor. Do you know if such a recording is available? I appreciate any suggestions.

3 Answers Sep 14, 2008 at 1:49 PM
    • Taxi from bus station

Katowice Jul 13, 2008 at 10:54 AM

I will be getting the Wizzair bus from Katowice Airport-city centre (bus station I think) in 2 weeks. I then need to get a taxi to my hotel, Campanile. Could anyone tell me which taxis are ok to get, or tell me which tram I can take?

2 Answers Jul 14, 2008 at 8:17 AM
    • Hotels

Czestochowa May 30, 2008 at 11:41 PM

Hi,
      can anyone recommend a good quality hotel, with atmosphere and a good resto. (3*-5*) Close proximity to the centre of the town is not necessary as I have a car. recommendations for good quality Polish food resto also welcome.
      many thanks

2 Answers Jan 26, 2013 at 6:15 AM
    • Train tickets

Katowice May 25, 2008 at 2:18 AM

I will be travelling around Poland in July. I need train tickets from Katowice-Krakow, Krakow-Zakopane, Zakopane-Tarnow and Tarnow-Katowice. Can I buy all these tickets at the train station in Katowice? I have looked into buying the tickets online, but it costs quite a bit more than buying them at the station.

Thanks.

6 Answers May 25, 2008 at 11:40 PM
    • Katowice-Ukraine

Katowice May 21, 2008 at 5:48 AM

Hello. PLEASE HELP.

I will fly in June from London to Katowice.
      My main destination - Ukraine
      Straight from Katowice I will need to go directly to Ukraine (Kiev), but there are no flights from Katowice to Ukraine.
      PLEASE tel me the fastest way to get to UKRAINE from Katowice, atleast to Lviv!
      HELP very urgent
      Many thanks

8 Answers Oct 2, 2009 at 9:22 AM