change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• outdoorz13's Profile Photo

Renting bicycles in Krakow

Krakow May 7, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Hello, We will be in Krakow in June. We were wondering if there is somewhere nearby that is nice to ride bicycles to for half day or so. A relaxing pretty ride through country, not busy roads or industrial areas. Maybe a lake or a river or a small quaint village or town. Also need a recommendation on where to rent the bicycles. Thank you.

more
    • Train from Krakow to Berlin

Krakow May 2, 2015 at 1:29 AM

Hi, my friend and I intend to travel from Krakow to Berlin either as an overnight sleeper train on 17 Jun, or an early morning train on 18 Jun. However we're having some trouble booking the train. I've tried both DB Bahn and the Polish Rail website. Could anyone recommend a particular train schedule, price and website that we can book on that we can consider? We would prefer a sleeper train to save money on lodgings, but the early morning train would be fine as well. Thanks very much!

more
    • Anyone have the recipe for Pod Wawelem's sour potato salad?

Krakow May 9, 2015 at 10:54 AM

I am looking for this recipe.

more
    • TerenceG2's Profile Photo

Getting to Auschwitz Birkneau Memorial

Krakow May 17, 2015 at 9:56 AM

I am currently planning a trip for my family, and am doing some research about how we can reach Auschwitz Memorial & Museum. Till now I have found the PoloRail Website, however I heard that it is possible to travel from Krakow Old Town to the Auschwitz Memorial via bus?

Can someone explain possible transport methods/and the respective prices? (apart from car rental - as I am from Malta and am not comfortable with left hand drive)

Thanks, Terence

more
    • tours in Krakow

Krakow May 13, 2015 at 12:36 PM

We will be staying in Krakow fro June 8 to June 11, and interested in Aushwitz and Dunajec River Rafting Tour.
      Could someone recommend us a good tour agency?
      We need either Russian or English speaking guide,
      Also, has anyone taken the rafting tour, is worth spending 8-9 hours for that particular tour?
      Thank you,
      Larisa.

more
    • private guides at Auschwitz without tour from Krakow?

Krakow May 13, 2015 at 7:17 AM

We have our own car and are driving to Auschwitz and want a private or small group tour. Is it possible to find a private guide at the entrance? I contacted numerous companies in Krakow and they only have tours that include transport to/from Krakow. Any links or suggestions for budget travelers?

more
    • Krakow to Prague. Day train situations

Krakow May 15, 2015 at 8:49 PM

I will travel to Poland in July with my wife and waughter. I saw several pages from Poland and Zchec Republic and stil uncertain how to get there. I prefer to travel during the day. Does anyone have a useful tip or idea? Thank you for your time and support!

more

Popular Wojewodztwo Malopolskie Travel Answer Locations

• TerenceG2's Profile Photo

Getting to Auschwitz Birkneau Memorial

Krakow May 17, 2015 at 9:56 AM

I am currently planning a trip for my family, and am doing some research about how we can reach Auschwitz Memorial & Museum. Till now I have found the PoloRail Website, however I heard that it is possible to travel from Krakow Old Town to the Auschwitz Memorial via bus?

Can someone explain possible transport methods/and the respective prices? (apart from car rental - as I am from Malta and am not comfortable with left hand drive)

Thanks, Terence

7 Answers May 20, 2015 at 3:20 AM
    • Krakow to Prague. Day train situations

Krakow May 15, 2015 at 8:49 PM

I will travel to Poland in July with my wife and waughter. I saw several pages from Poland and Zchec Republic and stil uncertain how to get there. I prefer to travel during the day. Does anyone have a useful tip or idea? Thank you for your time and support!

15 Answers May 19, 2015 at 8:30 AM
    • tours in Krakow

Krakow May 13, 2015 at 12:36 PM

We will be staying in Krakow fro June 8 to June 11, and interested in Aushwitz and Dunajec River Rafting Tour.
      Could someone recommend us a good tour agency?
      We need either Russian or English speaking guide,
      Also, has anyone taken the rafting tour, is worth spending 8-9 hours for that particular tour?
      Thank you,
      Larisa.

9 Answers May 14, 2015 at 11:57 AM
    • private guides at Auschwitz without tour from Krakow?

Krakow May 13, 2015 at 7:17 AM

We have our own car and are driving to Auschwitz and want a private or small group tour. Is it possible to find a private guide at the entrance? I contacted numerous companies in Krakow and they only have tours that include transport to/from Krakow. Any links or suggestions for budget travelers?

11 Answers May 14, 2015 at 12:00 PM
    • Anyone have the recipe for Pod Wawelem's sour potato salad?

Krakow May 9, 2015 at 10:54 AM

I am looking for this recipe.

6 Answers May 10, 2015 at 6:13 AM

Renting bicycles in Krakow

Krakow May 7, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Hello, We will be in Krakow in June. We were wondering if there is somewhere nearby that is nice to ride bicycles to for half day or so. A relaxing pretty ride through country, not busy roads or industrial areas. Maybe a lake or a river or a small quaint village or town. Also need a recommendation on where to rent the bicycles. Thank you.

3 Answers May 13, 2015 at 1:57 AM
    • Train from Krakow to Berlin

Krakow May 2, 2015 at 1:29 AM

Hi, my friend and I intend to travel from Krakow to Berlin either as an overnight sleeper train on 17 Jun, or an early morning train on 18 Jun. However we're having some trouble booking the train. I've tried both DB Bahn and the Polish Rail website. Could anyone recommend a particular train schedule, price and website that we can book on that we can consider? We would prefer a sleeper train to save money on lodgings, but the early morning train would be fine as well. Thanks very much!

3 Answers May 2, 2015 at 9:52 AM
    • Angenmax's Profile Photo

Auschwitz/Salt Mine tour

Krakow Apr 21, 2015 at 4:21 AM

Hi,

My sister and I will be visiting Krakow in June in order to visit Auschwitz and the Salt Mines. We hope to do this in one day. I know it will be a long day but we have very limited time in Krakow. Was wondering if anyone might be able to suggest a tour company to do this with. We would need to be picked up from out hotel in Krakow, transferred to Auschwitz. We are interested in guided tour (English) of Auschwitz and Birkenau. Transfer would be required to the salt mine and transfer back to our hotel when finished. We are looking for the best company to book for our big day out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

21 Answers Apr 24, 2015 at 1:32 AM

Getting from Krakow to Prague

Krakow Apr 13, 2015 at 1:19 PM

Hello. I see a post a few lines down about the overnight train from Krakow to Prague. Can anybody give me updated information about this? Is this the best or only website on which I can see train schedules between these routes? I wasnt planning an overnight train but if that is the best option then I am willing. Thank you.

13 Answers May 7, 2015 at 6:58 PM
    • Dentists in Krakow

Krakow Apr 13, 2015 at 2:55 AM

Has anyone visited some dentists in Krakow? Could you please recommend dental clinics with affordable prices?

3 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 12:12 AM
    • Shopping for small Kitchen appliances

Krakow Mar 6, 2015 at 7:07 AM

What is the best place to buy an electric skillet (deep dish style)? (I asked this question earlier, but nt sure it posted. It was before I joined VirtualTourist.)

3 Answers Mar 7, 2015 at 9:50 AM
    • Angenmax's Profile Photo

Accommodation suggestions please.

Krakow Feb 18, 2015 at 1:11 AM

Hello,

My sister and I will be travelling to Krakow in June and were wondering if anyone could suggest the 'best' area of the city to stay with regards to safety and access to popular tourist attractions. What are the 'must see' and 'must do' when visiting Krakow?

Thanks in advance,
      Andrea

11 Answers Apr 24, 2015 at 4:33 AM
    • Krakow airport to Zakopane transfer

Zakopane Feb 15, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Is anyone looking to travel from krakow airport to zakopane on march 4th 2015. I am travelling alone and wondered if there are other people going to Zakopane that evening. Looking at the costs it would be cheaper to share a journey. My flight arrives too late for the public transport bus.

2 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 8:31 AM
    • travelling around zakopane

Zakopane Jan 31, 2015 at 12:56 PM

we are looking at going to zakopane for some skiing in the next couple of weeks and from what we can gather there are several ski areas in zakopane. how easy is it to get to the different ski areas with skis etc.

thanks

4 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 10:16 AM
    • mariahc1's Profile Photo

In search of decent restaurants to take our students

Krakow Jan 30, 2015 at 2:06 AM

Hello everybody,

The History teacher from our school and myself will accompany a group of ten 16-year-old students on an educational trip to Krakow for 4 days. We would appreciate any recommendations on places to eat, apart from the known fast-food restaurants which we are trying to avoid as much as possible. Are restaurants expensive in Krakow? Is food expensive in general? We are not picky or anything, just decent restaurants which serve decent food.

As far as the weather is concerned, is the beginning of April considered a cold period in Krakow? Or is the cold becoming to get a bit milder?

Thank you.

p.s) Any other recommendations are welcome since we will be travelling with students.

16 Answers Feb 1, 2015 at 7:04 AM
    • Train from Krakow to Prague

Krakow Jan 18, 2015 at 10:25 AM

What is the fare for the sleeping compartment on the train from Krakow to Prague?
      Is it comfortable to sleep there?

4 Answers Jan 18, 2015 at 11:44 PM
    • Prague to Oswiecim: Any Waiting area at the station?

Oswiecim Nov 9, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I am visiting Auschwitz Concentration camp next week. I am planning to catch the night train from Prague to Krakow and get down at Oswiecim instead of going all the way to Krakow and coming back to Auschwitz. I am wondering if this is a good idea to get down at the Oswiecim station at 4:45 am in the morning and wait for the Auschwitz concentration camp to open for visitors. Does the station have a waiting area? Thank you!

2 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 6:29 AM
    • Visit Auschwitz and Salt Mine in one day

Krakow Oct 5, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I would like to visit both attraction Auschwitz and Salt Mine in one day. I found www.krakowdiscovery.com and www.auschwitztour.co.uk company. They offer share group tours for acceptable price. Does anyone used these company?

8 Answers Oct 15, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • New years eve 2014-2015

Krakow Sep 13, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Does anyone know if the usual celebrations ( e.g- the free outdoor concert on the square) are taking place this New Years Eve 2014-2015. I read somewhere that the format had changed this year and there would be no concert.

Has anyone got any up to date news?

1 Answer Sep 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM
    • Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Back to Kakow - arts?

Krakow Aug 15, 2014 at 5:36 AM

I'll be back in Krakow in September. Searching for work by local artists. Does anyone know of local galleries or shops I shouldn't miss? I'll be in main square and Kazmierz.

13 Answers Sep 12, 2014 at 5:46 PM
    • pat_palko@comcast.net

Zakopane Aug 5, 2014 at 10:03 AM

NEED TO KNOW THE CONTACT FOR THE WOMAN AND HER DAUGHTER WHO SELL EMBROIDERED TABLE CLOTHS TOWARDS THE END OF THE STREET ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE GOING TOWARDS THE FUNICULAR. SHE WOULD REMEMBER ME BECAUSE I PURCHASED 51 OF THE CLOTHS FROM HER AND NEED MORE CHRISTMAS DECOR CLOTHS. THANK YOU.

1 Answer Aug 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM
    • fare for US citizens 71 years old

Krakow Jul 7, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Is there a charge for US seniors on public transport when visiting Poland?

2 Answers Aug 5, 2014 at 3:42 AM
    • fare for US citizens 71 years old

Krakow Jul 7, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Is there a charge for US seniors on public transport when visiting Poland?

3 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 2:36 AM
    • Travel time

Zakopane Jun 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Traveling to Zakopane on July 14 and leaving on July 17th. Two full days in Zakopane. Is this long enough? What is the best way to take in nature -- what are not misses? Is it worth going done the river, or is that a tourist trap.
      Thanks, Jamie

6 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 11:59 PM
    • hugheyjr08's Profile Photo

Traveling Out of Krakow

Krakow Jun 19, 2014 at 11:38 AM

what's the best way/cheapest way to travel from krakow poland to amsterdam?

4 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 5:16 AM
    • chilena1's Profile Photo

Transportation from Warsaw

Oswiecim Jun 9, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Can anyone tell me step by step the way I will move from Warsaw to Oswiecim? Date: July/03-Jul08-2014
      Thanks, Lidia

4 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 11:44 AM
    • mjmaniezzo's Profile Photo

Overnight Train From Krakow to Budapest

Krakow Jun 4, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Hi,

We are a family of 4 and I am considering 2 bed cabins X2 rather than a 4 bed couchette room. My thoughts are it will provide more room for us with only a small increase in price. How safe are the train on this route. I understand they stop something light 20+ times. I am also assuming the beds are in cabins that can be locked? also can anyone tell me if the trains have airconditioning?

1 Answer Jun 4, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    • firemanphil's Profile Photo

Golf buggy's/ Motorised scooters

Krakow Jun 3, 2014 at 4:43 AM

In Krakow is it possible to hire a golf buggy for a one way trip as you would with a normal taxi, or do you have to book a circular tour?. I'm visiting Krakow with my father who is not so good at walking so I would like to hire a buggy to take us say to Kazimierz from the main square and then leave us there to explore on foot. Of course we could just book a taxi but it would be more pleasant on a golf buggy.
      Alternatively does anyone know if it is possible to hire motorised scooters or wheelchairs.for a couple of days.

4 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 2:44 AM
    • HELP! any SOCCER or SPORTS stores in Krakow?

Krakow May 18, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Help! Need to find soccer or sports store in Krakow Poland.

2 Answers May 18, 2014 at 4:06 AM
    • Restaurants in Jewish quarter

Krakow Apr 20, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Can anybody recommend any traditional not too touristy restaurants in the Jewish section of Krakow (where we are staying). How much should we expect to pay for a meal. and what is the cost of a normal bottle of wine.

2 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 4:03 AM