Be the First to Answer

• Any restaurant open on Subdat in Krakow and do we need reservations

Krakow Apr 13, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Any restraunts open this Saturday and Subday and are reservations beeded

more
    • Susanrw's Profile Photo

Weather in the Fall?

Siedlce Apr 15, 2014 at 7:00 PM

I will be in Siedlce in September or October. Is the weather significantly different? What should I expect for the weather?

more
    • Lake next to Krakow?

Krakow Apr 15, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Hi
      I read about a lake next to Krakow city, which is ideal for swimming, spend some time on a short walk and be lazy half the day. But I can´t remember the name!
      We will visit Krakow in June and would be also very thankful for hints what to do/see/visit with a young child (2 years)!
      THX

more
    • Krakow to Gliny Wielkie or Warsaw to Gliny Wielkie?

Gliny Wielkie 16 hours ago

I have been trying to figure out whether to fly into Krakow or Warsaw, with the end destination being Gliny Wielkie. From Krakow or Warsaw I would have a choice of renting a car or getting on a train or bus. Which is the most economical route for time and for $?

more
    • Restaurants in Jewish quarter

Krakow Apr 20, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Can anybody recommend any traditional not too touristy restaurants in the Jewish section of Krakow (where we are staying). How much should we expect to pay for a meal. and what is the cost of a normal bottle of wine.

more
    • local Medical insurance for entering Belarus

Warsaw Apr 16, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I am US citizen, going to Belarus via Warsaw. Where can I buy that special "local Belorussian medical insurance" to enter Belarus? Can I buy it at the Airport? Thank you!

more
    • Travel in Pomerania

Poland Apr 6, 2014 at 7:23 AM

I will be travelling throughout Pomerania this August-September. I want to travel by car throughout the countryside. I do not want to go from hotel to hotel. Would it be easier with a car to have Gdansk as a home base or a smaller city somewhat close Gdansk? And what smaller city around there is nice to stay in? Any help would be appreciated.
      Monica

more
    • May 3 constitution day

Wroclaw Mar 27, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Hi, I am going to be in Wroclaw during Consitution Day. What happens that day that would be of interest to a tourist?

Dgf95831

more
    • Restaurants

Krakow Apr 13, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Does anyone know if any restaurants will be open the 18th, 19th and 20th in Krakow Poland. We didn't relize it was a German holiday.

more
    • Places to see in Szczecin

Szczecin Apr 3, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Which is the best place to go in Szczecin after 6pm?

more
    • Apple Store

Poland Mar 28, 2014 at 12:24 AM

Is there an official Apple store in Warsaw or Krakow? If so, what is its address? Thanks.

more
    • Auschwitz Tours

Krakow Apr 20, 2014 at 1:26 AM

How much should a tour of Auschwitz which includes an English speaking guide. we are looking for a tour company that will pick you up at your hotel and not a central point. What time does the tour bus normally start, as we are not very early rises. Any information on this subject will be appreciated.

more
    • Fun activities

Lodz Apr 16, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hi, I work for a British television company and we are looking for an activity to do in Lodz for 14 people to do that will be fun and entertaining as we will be filming it for English television.

Does anyone have an idea? I'm thinking something quirky and not a typical tourist activity such as a museum!

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

train travel from Warsaw to Krakow

Warsaw Apr 14, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to take to the train from Warsaw to Krakow on September 14, 2014. I am wondering if there is such a train for that day. If so, how long is the train ride? I am meeting a friend in Krakow, who is coming in from the U.K., so I do need to be in Krakow on September 14. So would it be advisable to purchase the train ticket the day before the train journey or should I purchase the train ticket on-line before I leave the U.S.?

Thank you

more

Popular Wojewodztwo Kujawsko-Pomorskie Travel Answer Locations

• TORUN PANORAM

Torun May 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Hi!! I´m interested in Torun Panorma but not making a cruise.
      Does anybody know if is possible to cross the Vistula river by ferry and come back to the city.
      No cruise, please.
      Thank you very much.

2 Answers May 17, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

city tourist bus tour

Torun Mar 27, 2013 at 1:56 PM

In Torun is there a tourist bus that goes around the city ?

3 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Which station?

Torun Mar 27, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Arriving by train from Szczecin which is the best station in Torun nearest the hotels. ? [ Glowny or Miasto ] Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Short trip out.

Torun Feb 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Can you suggest a short trip from Torun Poland, of less than an hour journey by bus/train to a pretty village or town for if i have some spare time.Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    • buses from Bydgoszcz to gdansk

Bydgoszcz Jun 9, 2012 at 3:06 AM

im landing in Bydgoszcz on the 13th of june at 21.30. i want to get to gdansk but the next train seems to be at 02.30.. is there a bus service that will get me there or does anyone have any ideas...please help!

4 Answers Jun 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    • Irish Football Fans for Torun in June

Torun Apr 18, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Hi all Torun,

Are all the people of Torun looking forward to all the Irish Fans staying there in June for Euro 2012?

I know all the Irish fans are looking forward to staying in your beautiful city

1 Answer Apr 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    • Nightlife , Nice clubs or lounges?

Bydgoszcz Oct 4, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Hi i am going to Bydgoszcz in november with my girlfriend and we are looking to find out some really nice resturants , lounges , and dance clubs can someone please give me some places to go too..

1 Answer Oct 10, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    • Books on Bydgoszcz

Bydgoszcz Dec 11, 2010 at 8:21 AM

I have a friend whose father originated from Bydgoszcz and moved to UK at end of WW11. I would like to buy them a book with details of the history of the area (particularly relating to 1910 - 1945 period). I had litle success on Google apart from one that was out of print (on Amazon). Do any members of the forum know of any books printed in English and where I could obtain?

• Getting to Torun from Bydgoszcz airport.

Bydgoszcz Oct 18, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Hi we will be travelling to poland monday th 25th of october have looked on the internet and can't seem to find anyone offering transfers.
      Could you tell me the best way to travel please.

3 Answers Oct 18, 2010 at 11:17 PM
    • Why women kissing these frogs?

Torun Oct 12, 2010 at 4:01 AM

I`ve heard that women are walking around foutain and are kissing these frogs. Why?

3 Answers Oct 12, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    • Getting from Gdansk to Torun

Torun Sep 6, 2010 at 12:54 PM

We will be in Gdansk last week of October and plan to visit Torun Tues-Thurs ,26-28 Oct.Is there a direct train or bus from Gdansk to Torun? How long is journey time and approximate cost.Any other tips or info on whats on in Torun at this time greatly appreciated!Thanks.

3 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    • Visiting in August - Need a good reliable and resonable Taxi-Mini Bus

Torun Jul 14, 2010 at 4:48 AM

Hello

New to the site. I am visiting mid August for 2 nights and need a mini-bus transfer for 6 to Torun from Bydgoszcz airport. Can anyone please advise?

Also, any recommendations for nice hotels, maybe with a pool in town for me and my colleagues?

Thanks in advance

Regards
      Steve

1 Answer Jul 16, 2010 at 4:41 AM
    • mas64's Profile Photo

arriving from poznan and going to gdansk

Torun Apr 26, 2010 at 1:37 AM

one question: in may (one friday) i like to go from poznan (early morning) to gdansk (arriving at 8 pm more or less) passing from torun and visiting in 6/7 hours the city....will it be possible by train? how much time from poznan to torun and from torun to gdansk? better train or bus? many thanks

2 Answers Apr 30, 2010 at 4:44 AM
    • world speedway

Torun Feb 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I'm wanting to visit Torun for the world speedway championship.How close is the stadium to the city, distance from rail and air terminals and accommodation?
      Thankyou.

6 Answers Feb 14, 2010 at 6:35 AM
    • travel from bydgoszcz airport to torun

Torun Jul 22, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Could anyone please tell me whether/how I can get to Torun town centre from Bydgoszcz airport by public transport? I shall be arriving at the airport at around 10.30am on a Saturday.

Thanks

2 Answers Jul 23, 2009 at 11:55 PM
    • vlherring's Profile Photo

Traveling to Torun area in mid-July & to Szubin

Torun Jul 6, 2009 at 11:48 AM

We are traveling to the Bydgoszcz and Torun area, staying in small town outside Torun, and visiting Szubin [just SW of Bydg.] and I'd like to know if anyone else here has done this and also whether it is possible to find a guide who could assist us in Szubin, since we do not speak Polish. My father was in the POW camp there and I wanted to see the city and area. Thanks.

2 Answers Jul 12, 2009 at 10:51 PM
    • bydgoszcz night life

Bydgoszcz Aug 25, 2007 at 4:24 PM

HI THERE
      IS THERE A GOOD NIGHT LIFE FOR A SIGLE MALE TRAVELLER?IN BYDGOSZCZ
      AND HOW FAR IS IT BY BUS OR TRAIN TO TORUN ?
      MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL AND I PROMISE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION YOU HAVE ON LONDON
      ME BEING THE LONDON EXPERT I HOPE

2 Answers Aug 26, 2007 at 8:22 AM
    • sihi's Profile Photo

Torun, Poland - bus station

Torun Jun 21, 2007 at 1:17 PM

Hi!

My sister goes to Torun, I would like to ask do Torun bus station is on the same place as it was last year or was built new station to some another place?

Is it cheaper to go to Torun from Warsaw by bus or train (for students)?

Thanks.

• Just a couple quick ?'s

Wojewodztwo Kujawsko-Pomorskie Mar 15, 2007 at 7:32 PM

Hi I am in the process of choosing a university here in poland and after some fairly long consideration, I have narrowed my choices down to a few schools including the U of T. Anyone interested in giving me an opinion regarding the quality of lectures, profs, etc... Also any help with accomodations and where to look would be fresh. Thanks and pozdrawiam;)

Ps. I'll be studying english philology...I'd be extremley interested to hear some thoughts from anyone stuying as part of thius faculty

1 Answer Mar 16, 2007 at 4:14 AM
    • tijs's Profile Photo

Cycling in Northern Poland, and homophobia

Wojewodztwo Kujawsko-Pomorskie Jul 17, 2006 at 3:38 AM

Hi folks,
      Me, my boyfriend and my daughter are planning a bike trip in Northern Poland, from Szczecin to Wolin, Gdansk and Masuria. The coast and countryside of Poland must be beautiful. But I heard that there is a lot of truck traffic on some roads. Does anyone have tips about nice cycling roads near the coast, which places we should not miss and which roads should we avoid for busy trafic?
      And another question: Poland is not famous for its tolerancy against gays. Does anyone have experience with camping or travelling otherwise as a gay couple in Poland? How should we act, just be ourselves or pretending to be brothers? Are there any gay-friendly places on the coast, like towns where gays use to go on holidays, campsites, beaches and so on? Any info and tips are welcome!
      Tijs from Holland

7 Answers Jul 21, 2006 at 2:09 PM
    • sihi's Profile Photo

Chelmno, Bydgoszcz, Golub Dobrzyn,....

Torun Jun 28, 2006 at 1:48 PM

Hi!

I will be in Torun, in case I will visit these places (Chelmno, Bydgoszcz..) i would like to know what are the must see's in these cities (what you recomend)?
      As I know Chelmno has nice old town...

Also, are there shops specialized on science books in Torun? I would like to buy some medical or nursing book in English (or maybe in Polish).

Many thanks.

6 Answers Jul 7, 2007 at 11:18 AM
    • sihi's Profile Photo

(Poland). Souvenires, student card, night life... in Torun

Torun Jun 22, 2006 at 1:35 AM

Hi!

I live in Estonia and I will go to Poland.
      I would like to ask, can I use my student card (card of Estonian highschool) buyng tickets for train etc in Poland? (I mean it is EU today and in my country I can buy ticket cheaper showing my student card. Do it works also in other EU countries?)

Also, what special can I buy as souvenire in Torun? Is there any good beer or wine produced in Torun? And how is with night life in Torun? (good club, pub to meet young people..)

Thanks!!!
      VT-r sihi

4 Answers Jun 23, 2006 at 2:55 PM
    • sihi's Profile Photo

Torun, POLAND. sights, shops, beach....

Torun Jun 15, 2006 at 1:24 AM

Hello!

30 of June I start my trip to Torun. Dear VT-ers what are the TOP must see sights in Torun that I have to see/visit? I know there is unique old town...
      What are the best shoping centres in the city? Location?

Also is there any beach (lake, river) where locals swim, do sunbathing in area?
      Any must see sight/town/city near Torun? (Bydgoszcz?)

Thanks from Estonia!

1 Answer Jun 15, 2006 at 10:08 AM
    • AcornMan's Profile Photo

From Gdansk to Torun

Torun Feb 9, 2006 at 7:31 AM

What is the best way to travel from Gdansk to Torun and how long does the trip take? I will be taking a group of people there and we will only have one day. What are the must-see activities for such a short visit?

10 Answers Jan 30, 2009 at 4:55 PM
    • rokonski's Profile Photo

Guide / Translation Assistance

Wojewodztwo Kujawsko-Pomorskie Oct 6, 2005 at 12:10 PM

I wonder if any of VT's members can help me? I'm flying in to Bydgoszcz on 31/10/05 for 3 days to track down my relatives, located in the Janowiec Wielkopolski area. I (sadly) only speak English, and they only Polish. I'm hoping someone will be able to assist me, as the only translation services I can find are web-based, which won't help me much! If anyone can point me in the right direction, or wish to earn some US$ or €, I'd be only too happy to assist! As I've only 3 weeks or so to sord things out, any pointers would be appreciated.

17 Answers Dec 30, 2005 at 6:22 AM
    • VMarjanski's Profile Photo

Is there any hostel in Torun or cheap accomodation for the second part of september ?

Torun Aug 6, 2005 at 4:07 AM

Is there any hostel or cheap accomodation for the second part of september in Torun ?

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Aug 8, 2005 at 12:09 PM