Wisconsin Dells Travel Answers

change location

Amtrak and Car Rental

by kishd Online Now Oct 6, 2009 at 9:06 PM

If I take the Amtrak train to Wisconsin Dells, what is the most convenient car rental company in location to the Amtrak station?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Amtrak and Car Rental

by mccalpin Online Now Oct 6, 2009 at 9:46 PM

A quick search turned up on one car rental agency in Wisconsin Dells: Avis (operating under a local name). The address for the agency doesn't show up on maps.yahoo.com, so I am not sure how far away it is from the station (which is right downtown on the river).

I'd call Avis' 800 number and just ask them (www.avis.com). If the car rental office is far away, they may reimburse your taxi ride (I've had Hertz do that at other Amtrak stations where the office is far from the station).

Bill

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PR-7's Profile Photo

To find the location of any business, for any city in the USA

by PR-7 Online Now Oct 7, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Check out

www.superpages.com

Get the address for the train station from
    www.Amtrak.com
    For Wisconsin Dells, it's at the corner of Superior and La Crosse streets, ZIP code 53965. With that info, you can use the above URL to search for "car rental" near that address or ZIP. When I did so, I found an Avis rental place at 791 Plum Street. According to that map provided by Superpages, that would be about twelve blocks from the train station.

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: Amtrak and Car Rental

by mccalpin Online Now Oct 7, 2009 at 12:16 PM

PR-7's process is a good process, if you bear in mind that the Superpages' content can be out of date compared to the company's website.

In this case, while the Superpages website says that the car rental office is on Plum Street, the Avis website says "1305 Kalahari Drive", and furthermore puts it in Sauk County, which is across the river to the west of downtown Wisconsin Dells (but since the train station is just on the east side of the river, this may not be bad).

None of the mapping software that I use has this new address, and the mapping software on Avis.com puts it 1.5 miles north of the city center, but the street names don't match. So is the Avis site wrong, or has the office moved?

So I would say that this would be a great time to go to the Avis.com website and get the real scoop by calling someone - where is the office really really? ;-)

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Re: Amtrak and Car Rental

by SnowBunny71 Online Now Dec 6, 2010 at 12:42 PM

dells-search.com/EnterpriseR...

I know that these guys can even pick you up if you don't have a way to get to them, that includes the Amtrak Station.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines