Wisconsin Dells Travel Answers

change location

Young couple looking for thrills

by chigirl24 Online Now Jul 24, 2006 at 5:25 PM

So, we don't have any kids to worry about, but he loves waterparks with a lot of slides. It seems like most of these spots are custom-made for those with toddlers. Does anyone have any suggestions for a resort/hotel/anything that is appropriate for a couple twenty-somethings on a weekend trip?

Most of the hotels I'm finding feature two-three beds with only luxury-suite 1 bed-rooms. I'm trying to find something that is beautiful but fun- I know the Dells are popular for their natural beauty and all the waterparks, I'm just trying to find the right mix.

I just don't want to end up at somewhere with endless pavement, shallow kiddie pools and sky high prices. Help!

We're going in late August so I'm trying to book a room before they're all taken.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo

RE: Young couple looking for thrills

by Tom_In_Madison Online Now Jul 26, 2006 at 3:10 PM

I only stayed at a hotel once up there, in winter. If I were you I'd stay at a cheaper place, and then just go to Noahs Ark separately or wherever you're going. A few do have their own waterparks, but they are pretty fancy from what I can tell and those are mde for families and the price shows it. We stayed at Treasure Island and they really only had about 4 slides indoors, got old fast.
    Dells isn't that big, so anywhere there and you'll be ok and in driving distance of wherever you're going. It shouldn't be that hard to get one in late August...the later it is the easier it is.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines