Travel Answers
Winterthur

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• what to in Winterthur when you´re 15 and a foreigner.

by tinathomsen Online Now Jul 23, 2014 at 1:52 AM

My son of 15 is going to Winterthur from mid august to mid september. The purpose is to learn German, and he¨ll be attending classes, but only for 2 hrs. a day. So he¨ll have a lot of free time, and I¨m hoping that somebody can give me some ideas about how to fill out the remaining time, preferably in german speaking company. He plays the piano, he¨s a good swimmer, but he doesn¨t really like other sports, he likes photografy and computers, Maybe someone knows of some computerclasses. Thank you so much..
      Tina Thomsen

5 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 11:56 PM
    • Taxi - Basel Airport to Winterthur

by redfletch73 Online Now May 18, 2014 at 4:58 AM

Please can anyone recommend a Taxi service to collect 5 people from Basel Airport and take them to Winterthur... return trip 2 days later.

Thank you Redfletch

2 Answers May 18, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    • Need a quiet place for a long lunch in/near Winterthur

by LINMATH1 Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Is there a restaurant with private dining rooms, or at least lots of space between tables, for a long private lunch?
      Thanks! Auf Deutsch antworten geht natuerlich auch!

• Looking for a private eating spot

by LINMATH1 Online Now Oct 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Is there a restaurant open in Winterthur for nice lunches which has private or semi-private dining tables or rooms? Thanks

2 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    • foxythang2000's Profile Photo

Winterthur to Zurich train

by foxythang2000 Online Now Apr 29, 2007 at 11:52 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm travelling to Switzerland in May and I don't quite understand the timetable/ticket availability on the SBB site.

I want to get from Winterthur to Zurich on the 19th May, possibly close to midnight. Are there trains running at this hour? And what will the cost be?

My plan is to do Basel > Lucerne > Winterthur > Zurich > Geneva.
      If anyone would be able to give me train prices between these areas and where and when to buy tickets, it'd be very much appreciated!!

Jenn

2 Answers May 1, 2007 at 8:26 AM