Travel Answers
Winslow

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sdkcwv's Profile Photo

Places to stay on Orcas Island or Friday Harbor?

Orcas Island Aug 13, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Four of us, Wife, 2 Pugs, and I, are driving to the San Juan Islands, in Washington state, and hoping VT's can help with lodging and things to do. Thanx.....SDKCWV

more
    • nearby hotels

Tacoma Aug 17, 2014 at 10:17 AM

can anyone give me names of hotels close by the sounder station.

more
    • Boat ride from Tacoma

Poulsbo Aug 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM

How long of a boat ride from the Tacoma area to Poulsbo?

more
    • justbecks's Profile Photo

seattle syncing

Seattle Aug 10, 2014 at 10:54 AM

hi seattle locals and lovers,
      I'll be heading to Seattle in a week and although my sister lives there and will proably show me the outs and ins, was wondering if any of you good folk might have the really interesting thing to see, do or not miss apart from Pike Place, Fremont District, Underground seattle...I'd love some other thoughts on what else to do, or if there might be any festivals coming up perhaps as well. also, are there any local cafe, restaurant favourites serving up good reasonable local food?

thanks again,
      Rebecca

more
    • KarieFoster's Profile Photo

cell phones

San Juan Islands Jul 26, 2014 at 7:58 AM

I will be moving to San Juan by the end of August, and i am curious how the cell phone situation is going to go. Im a very inexperienced travler moving from New Hampshire on a short notice. Any info at all that anyone can tell me would be extremely helpful. Im 32 single female is clueless! In NH is very common not to have a landline phone at all anymore. We use our cell phones for everything! Calls,texting and the internet on a constant basis. What am i to expect in a few weeks when I arrive? Help!
      Thank you,
      Karie from NH

more
    • In West Seattle, on a Saturday in late August

West Seattle Aug 21, 2014 at 7:26 AM

best place to eat? what to do outdoors? farmers market days?

more
    • sdkcwv's Profile Photo

Fidalgo Country Inn, Fidalgo Island Wa. USA

Fidalgo Island Aug 15, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Has anyone recently stayed at the Fidalgo Country Inn, and if so, what are your thoughts and suggestions.
      Thanx...SDKCWV

more
    • Anacortes to Seattle

Anacortes Aug 13, 2014 at 1:15 AM

I need transportation from Anacortes to downtown Seattle. Is there a late shuttle or bus on a. Friday night?

more
    • BBQ in Fort Ebey State Park

Whidbey Island Jul 28, 2014 at 9:11 AM

I want to go for a day trip and have BBQ in Fort Ebey State Park. Are there BBQ facilities? Can I have BBQ in the parks on the island?

more
    • Ferry from Whidbey to Sesattle and back..

Seattle Jul 28, 2014 at 6:14 PM

We are staying on Whidbey for a wedding and were hoping to get into Seattle for some sightseeing and then back.Possible???

more
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Which Zoo?

Seattle Aug 20, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Planning on Seattle and Portland for next year and I intend to include in my itinerary, to go to either the Woodland park Zoo or the Oregon Zoo. Both are highly rated. I know Oregon is smaller. None the less, which is the better choice?

more
    • car rental - western US

Washington State Aug 9, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Help! I want to fly to Victoria, BC from the east coast of the US, take the ferry across to either Port Angeles or Seattle , WA and rent a car. From there I would like to travel around some of the western states before dropping off the car at Denver airport and flying home. I can't seem to find a car rental agency that will permit me to do this, ( or charge me less than $1500 a week to do so!) Does anyone have any idea how I can do this trip? Although they all advertise fabulous car rental rates, picking you up, and dropping the car off in a different location from where you pick it up, I can't seem to find an agency that is actually willing to let you do so!

more
    • Driving from Seattle to San Francisco

Seattle Aug 3, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Can someone help with planning a route driving from Seattle to San Francisco. We have 6.5 days. Where would be a good first stop? Someone suggested Crystal Mountains area...
      I have never been in that area, so I will appreciate any advice.

more
    • mosquitoes

Olympic National Park Aug 8, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Are mosquitoes a problem during the summer?

more
    • sdkcwv's Profile Photo

Orcas Island Lodging

Orcas Island Aug 13, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Where to stay on Orcas Island?

more
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Time and Places?

Seattle Aug 2, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I am considering Seattle for next year (June or September). Apart from the city itself, I would take trips to Mt. Rainier Natl Park, Mt. St Helens Natl Monument and an excursion to Victoria, BC for the day. Is 3 days Ok for the city proper?

Also, has anyone used Evergreen Escapes? That's the outfit I would likely use for the day trips to the parks.

more