Winnipeg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Car trip to Whistler, Jasper Banff etc

Vancouver 9 hours ago

I am contemplating doing a car trip from Vancouver, stopping overnight at Whistler,Kamloops,Jasper, Lake Loiuse, Banff before finishing at Calgary where I will then fly on to Montreal and Quebec.
      What would be enough nights at Whistler,Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff. I would definitely only be staying 1 night at Kamloops and Calgary. Would I only need 1 night at Banff, Whistler or Jasper. We are seniors and basically want to look at scenery and towns. No bush walks etc.

more
    • Barkersville Historic Goldrush town

Province of British Columbia Dec 21, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Is it worth putting on a 13 hour return trip and 2 over night stops to see this town. Planning to drive up from Revelstoke and Kamloops then head back to Whistler. Yes the town looks interesting but in all practicality can we justify the mileage and cost - roughly how long will it take to see - possibly compare it to Colonial Williamsburg USA. May be there are interesting places on route to justify this journey. Also thought of visiting Sandon Ghost town - is this like Bodie in the USA

All help greatly appreciated

more
    • Quebec City in late December

Quebec Dec 26, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Any tips on fun things to do in Quebec City in late December?

Our group is 3 adults and a 5 year old.

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Out of Quebec....road trips

Quebec Dec 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Coming in April for 2 weeks....need to know of 1 day or 2 day road trips out of Quebec city,,....we have a car...thanks for tour help... Martin

more
    • Inside Day cruises BC Ferries

Canada Dec 16, 2014 at 2:28 AM

I note from BC ferries web page that they operate an Inside Day Cruise during summer months - however, they seem to have wiped the details from their website for this year and have not put up the schedule/fares for 2015. We hope to visit June/July 2015 - so if anyone has any details of this year's schedule etc that we could use as a baseline it would be much appreciated

Many thanx

more
    • ThisWorldAndI's Profile Photo

Vancouver - view from the tallest building

Vancouver Yesterday

My dad is visiting Vancouver and he has been asking me if it would be possible to view the city from some of the tallest buildings in Vancouver Downtown.
      Would someone by any chance know if this is possible and how is one supposed to go about it?

Thanks.

more
    • Can anyone give me a quick description of Vancouver island?

Vancouver Island Dec 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Hi everyone
      Thinking of goin to Vancouver island mid Jan. For two weeks.
      Can anyone give me a quick description of demographics,things to do,boating ect.
      Love fishing,outdoors and the ocean so it seems really nice
      Thank you

more
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Trout - Fly Fishing around Vancouver

Vancouver Dec 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM

Hey guys. Hubby and I are visiting Vancouver next year 6-11 October. Hubby wants to do some Trout Fly Fishing whilst we are there. I'll probably shop lol. Can anyone please recommend a good company to book through? I'd love to hear first hand stories - links to your pages even better.
      If anyone is interested in a meetup, I'm all ears. I am hoping to meet AnnK and Gerry the_dutchman. Looking at staying on Granville Island so that would probably be the meetup place.
      Cheers,
      Ann.

more
    • seniordream's Profile Photo

What are those places in Vancouver that's nice to visit?

Vancouver Dec 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Hello fellows! My grandparents will be having a trip to Vancouver with us (grandchildren), we would like to give them a surprise. Do you know a place in Vancouver that is kind a romantic for a couple? Anything you know will do. I just need your suggestions and advice. Thank you! :)

more
    • Roadtrip renting a minivan with 2 + mattress in the back

Canada Yesterday

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend are planning a roadtrip from 13 july untill the 3rd of august. The trip would start in vancouver going to jasper-banff-glacier-yellowstone-and back to vancouver. We have endlessly been looking for a low budget campervan for 2 persons. So far the only thing coming close to what we are looking for the is the campervans wicked is renting out, but actually those are still a bit expensive for us.

So we recently got this crazy idea to rent a minivan like a chrysler town & country or a Dodge Grand Caravan and just dump a double mattress in the back of the car. This way we should be able to save over 1300$.

So i was wondering if you guys think this is a good idea or not? For example do you think it is doable to just stand on a parking lot somewhere or on the side of the road and sleep there ? We would like to be completely 'free' and just drive and see where we end up not always having to look for a campsite every night.

more
    • Winter Carnival

Quebec Dec 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I understand the Winter carnival is from Jan 30-Feb 15. We are thinking of coming Feb 7th weekend (my husband and I). Don't know Quebec, suggestions on hotels to stay? Would like to be able to walk to events. Was on the Carnival website, there is a night parade on the 7th and a canoe race on the 8th. Is it worth it to get the VIP tickets ($42.50 pp for parade, $52.50 pp for canoe ride). Lastly, I heard about the ice hotel. Is there a shuttle we could take to get there? Any other comments or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

more
    • Wifi Rental Services

Vancouver Dec 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'm just new in this forum. Me , my family and friends usually travel from Taiwan to Vancouver for a vacation and to meet some relatives, do you have any suggestion with regards to wifi rental? For our convenience and to be globally connected during the vacation. Please share with me your thoughts. Thank you! :)

more
    • rkl27's Profile Photo

Visiting in May for two weeks

by rkl27 Online Now Apr 26, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I'll be visiting in May for two weeks and being from a really hot and humid place (Singapore), I just wonder if anyone knows how the weather is and how should i dress? I have two weeks to plan a fab wardrobe lol. Appreciate any help, thanks! :)

5 Answers May 6, 2014 at 7:52 PM
    • Aussie moving to Winnepeg

by Cathvdh Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 8:56 PM

An Aussie female hoping to move to the south east of Canada for work. Have been in Vancouver for a while now and ready to move on. What r the drawing cards I could be told about Winnepeg being a top choice to settle in for a while?

3 Answers Jan 5, 2014 at 1:50 AM
    • does winnipeg really have a significant crime problem?

by 002travelz Online Now Jun 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I am interested in travelling to winnipeg for school,specifically u of m, and have never been there before. I would also be travelling alone. I would like to know from other travellers their perspective on the crime problem in winnipeg? how bad is it?

3 Answers Jun 7, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    • september holiday 2013

by julie.lime Online Now Jun 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

good morning.
      We are celebrating a dear friends 70th birthday. Is the night life active during the week and are there botanical gardens for the day?
      Thank you

5 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM
    • Iforti's Profile Photo

Need a hostel, can somone guide me?

by Iforti Online Now May 12, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Is there any cheap and good hostel near downtown ?

1 Answer May 14, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    • Hotels / HSC

by pettingerm Online Now Apr 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I have to come to Winnipeg for some training at the HSC - physio - big gym and wondering which hotel is closer - the Canad Inn at polo park or the Inn at the forks? I have to be there for 0900 hours - how much time should I give myself?

thanks!

2 Answers Jun 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    • From Dickinson, ND, USA to Winnipeg

by CheeHui Online Now Oct 16, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Hi, I am Chee Hui from Malaysia, I am now having my working holiday at Dickinson, Nd, USA from October to December. I am planning to have a tour at Winnipeg, do you have any idea? How can i getting Winnipeg from Dickinson?

4 Answers Oct 18, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    • Shopping in Winnipeg

by paradise1973 Online Now Oct 10, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Does anyone know a shop where I can buy silk sleepwear in Winnipeg?
      I'm looking for men's silk pajamas and women's silk kimonos.
      I know...maybe Japan would be a better destination to buy silk sleepwear but I will be in Winnipeg for a couple of days and I am hoping that I can find bigger sizes here than in Europe. I have a chubby hubby and here everything goes until XL only. Any ideas ? Thanks.

4 Answers Oct 10, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    • Desperately looking for a good hair stylist!

by KisJutka Online Now Oct 1, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Hello,

I recently moved to Winnipeg so I'm in the process of finding new doctors, dentists, etc. So far so good... until today. I went to a new hairdresser and it was a total disaster. She was an "award winning" hairstylist who proceeded to give me a terrible cut (not even close to what I asked for) and the worst highlights I've ever had! I desperately need a recommendation for a good colourist and stylist who can fix my hair. I'm embarrassed to leave the house!!!

Thank you in advance,
      KisJutka :(

2 Answers Apr 4, 2011 at 4:11 PM
    • BUICK23's Profile Photo

Australian moving to winnipeg

by BUICK23 Online Now Sep 8, 2010 at 4:23 AM

Hello everyone

I'm a 27 year old Australian man who is thinking about moving to winnipeg around late december or jan

I have my visa and have booked my flight to Vancouver and was thinking about trying to set up there but I have heard the competition for work is something to dread, Ive heard and researched that winnipeg has the lowest unemployment rate in Canada? can someone tell me what I should expect, if im not a lazy person which Im not will I be able to find work?

any help would be great

thanks

21 Answers Oct 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    • places to know in Winnipeg

by crotenberg Online Now Sep 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Hi there
      My 16 y.o. som just moved to Winnipeg and is staying the the Burrows Avenue region. Can you help us help him to know the best winnipeg has to offer. Many thanks
      CR

1 Answer Sep 1, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    • Road Trip- Hotel Age Question

by babybadoo Online Now Mar 24, 2010 at 10:14 PM

My boyfriend and I are hoping to travel to Winnipeg for a couple nights because we've never been to Canada and Winnipeg is the closest big city to where we are right now (central Minnesota). Of course, we will need to rent a hotel room. I'm 19 years old, however, he's 17. Is it possible for us to rent a hotel room together, even though he is under 18? I know around where I live, or in my home town actually, if there's someone under 18 in the room we can both be thrown out. Is it the same in Winnipeg? I really hope not...

4 Answers Mar 25, 2010 at 10:54 PM
    • Karlie85's Profile Photo

Question about the Mint

by Karlie85 Online Now Mar 15, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Me and my husband are going to Manitoba for 2 nights in April for a family event.

We have a little bit of time to spare, so we're going to check out the Mint. We've booked a tour at 11:30am, which is pretty much the only time we can do it.
      I was looking at some reviews online, just for fun, and I came across one that said that the production staff all go on lunch right around 11:30am, so the machines aren't/might not be running at that time. It's weird, the person specifically said not to take the 11:30am tour.

I was just wondering if this is true or not?? Would everyone go at the same time? I really want to be able to see the machines in action!

Thanks.

4 Answers Mar 15, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    • Winnipeg in December

by italmelb Online Now Feb 15, 2010 at 4:34 AM

Hello All
      I plan to visit Winnipeg next December as part of my round the world trip so I do have some questions which I hope you can answer

1)Is there any public transportation from the airport to downtown?
      2)How is the weather in December usually? is there much snow? this year I heard the winter was not very good and it was much warmer than usual
      3)Where can I go to get some amazing views and take some nice photos of winnipeg skyline?
      4)What can i do while i am there? what can i visit? any winter activities available?
      5) How is the crime lately in Winnipeg?

I hope you can answer all of my questions. thanks

4 Answers Feb 15, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    • craic's Profile Photo

Smoking a cigarette in Winnipeg in the winter

by craic Online Now Dec 22, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Hi people. If one was lucky enough to be in Winnipeg from Sep-Dec how would one go about indulging in a cigarette?

Are there any indoor smoker's zones?

What do smokers do?

39 Answers Jan 12, 2010 at 7:26 AM
    • eswepe's Profile Photo

Best Long-Term Parking

by eswepe Online Now Aug 13, 2009 at 7:11 AM

My husband and I are gong to Churchill in October. We live in Minnesota, so we're just planning to drive to Winnipeg and take the flight to Churchill from there. Can anyone suggest a good, cheap and safe place to leave our car? We will be staying a couple of nights in Winnipeg, so our hotel may be an option, but we're not sure where we'll be staying yet. The airport is also probably an option, but I'm guessing that's expensive. If there are any better ideas we'd love to hear them.

We're also looking for suggestions on the best way to spend a few hours on a Sunday morning. That's the only time we'll actually be free to do things in Winnipeg, but I imagine a lot of things will be closed...

Thanks!

2 Answers Aug 14, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    • Malborough Hotel

by Vilmad Online Now Apr 7, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Can anyone advise me whether it is safe to stay at the Malborough Hotel in downtown Winnipeg. We don't have a car as we are flying into Winnipeg. Is it a safe part of town? Most of the reviews say downtown Winnipeg is crime ridden. Which part of Winnipeg is safe? Please advise.

3 Answers Apr 8, 2009 at 2:23 PM
    • Bwent26's Profile Photo

Hotel & Bar Q's

by Bwent26 Online Now Aug 1, 2008 at 10:14 PM

I've got a trip up there in a few weeks and wanted to know where a good area to stay is in? Also, can anyone recommend some good bars/lounges/clubs ect...that are a little nicer. Somewhere the young professionals go.
      Thanks

1 Answer Aug 3, 2008 at 7:15 PM
    • Location - Crescent Pk

by LenPenner Online Now Apr 22, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Can you inform me as to the exact location of Crescent Pk. off Pembina Highway in Ft. Garry , MB ? Thanking you in advance ,
      Len Penner
      lenthehandyman@yahoo.ca

1 Answer Apr 25, 2008 at 1:11 PM
    • Best parking spots for concert at MTS Centre

by cecil26 Online Now Apr 17, 2008 at 9:37 AM

I am coming to Winnipeg, from North Dakota for a concert in July at the MTS Centre.
      I know there are some safety concerns in downtown Winnipeg.

Where would be the best/safest parking spots for a concert at the MTS Centre to best avoid car theft, panhandlers, etc?

Thanks

3 Answers Apr 23, 2008 at 8:29 AM
    • Transportation

by wakegirl Online Now Feb 20, 2008 at 5:46 PM

I will be flying into Winnipeg this July and need to get to Winnipeg Beach. Does anyone know of any sort of transportation to get me from the airport to the beach? Unfortunately, I won't be quite old enough to rent a car.

2 Answers Feb 22, 2008 at 6:44 PM
    • Babzz's Profile Photo

VT Meet

by Babzz Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Hello all,
      I've posted a tentative vt meet for winnipeg in April 2008. Let me know if you're interested.
      Cheers :)

2 Answers Dec 6, 2007 at 4:51 PM
    • dewdney's Profile Photo

moving to winnipeg

by dewdney Online Now Nov 6, 2007 at 3:32 PM

I'm thinking of moving from Calgary to Winnipeg . Recently visited and had some concerns about the city, ie; employment, crime, etc... I can handle the cold, but what is the quality of life really like. Is there a lot of rational tension between the native and non-native population. Downtown did seem a bit bleak with a disenfranchised, drunks hanging around. Although Calgary has its share of the same problem (maybe less visible). As well, can anyone give me an idea of what Winnipeg is like for artists?

3 Answers Dec 6, 2007 at 11:08 AM
    • Texas Hold'em in Winnipeg

by margaret_krowiak Online Now Jul 5, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Is there any web-site which can tell me all the different locations, dates, times of Texas Hold'em tournaments in Winnipeg. And is there a amateur poker league in Manitoba?

1 Answer Jul 9, 2007 at 9:45 AM
    • jkkv's Profile Photo

Canadian Mint

by jkkv Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 4:43 PM

We are going through Winnipeg in May and would like to tour the Royal Canadian Mint. We only have one day there, is there anything else we can fit in, or something more fun than the Mint? Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 15, 2007 at 8:41 AM
    • Paddle Wheel boats!

by trishaaa Online Now Jan 10, 2007 at 9:26 AM

How much does it cost to rent or buy a paddle wheel boat???

1 Answer Aug 8, 2008 at 9:14 AM
    • canadamom's Profile Photo

Family New Years Eve

by canadamom Online Now Dec 11, 2006 at 10:05 AM

We will be in Winnipeg with a 10 and 14 year old on New Years Eve. Any recommendations?

2 Answers Dec 26, 2006 at 9:31 PM
    • FOLK FESTIVAL

by the_bandit Online Now Jul 2, 2006 at 3:09 PM

I am looking for a camping pass--anyone looking to sell one for some reason? Thank-you

3 Answers Jul 5, 2006 at 8:31 AM
    • Travel from Winnipeg to Chicago...

by vicks222 Online Now Apr 11, 2006 at 8:27 PM

We are travelling from Saskatoon to Nova Scotia. We would like ot make a pit stop in both Winnipeg and London. I hear the best way to do this would be to drive down through the states, hitting Chicago. Does anyone know how long this would take? Any helpful hints? Thanks.

1 Answer Apr 14, 2006 at 12:37 AM
    • johnnydawn's Profile Photo

WHAT ABOUT FROSTY THE SNOWMAN -- Will I See More of Him In Winnipeg?

by johnnydawn Online Now Mar 21, 2006 at 6:00 PM

I want more SNOW -- the kind of snow and the kind of long winters I remember as a child in the midwestern United States. I like cold and beautiful snows. Is Winnipeg a good choice?

3 Answers Jun 8, 2006 at 2:02 PM