Winnipeg Travel Answers

change location
mapakettle's Profile Photo

I need the name of this bakery in Winnipeg...

by mapakettle Online Now Oct 20, 2004 at 1:01 AM

Can anyone tell me if the German bakery on Academy Rd. about a half block from Keniston Rd (spelling ??) is still in operation. It would be on your left as you head west, and it was right beside a pizza place. I need the name and address, and possibly a description of the exterior for my travel page. The fellow that started it about three years ago worked very long hours, and was putting his heart and soul into its operation. They served wonderful sandwiches, soups, and of course had great bread and assorted bakery items. They had a small sit down area, much like a cafe. If you intend to go for a drive out of curiousity, stop in, you won't be sorry. Then you could find out the owners name for me as well. (web site??) Thank you so much Winnipeg, Pa

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • memyselfandi's Profile Photo

Re: I need the name of this bakery in Winnipeg...

by memyselfandi Online Now Oct 21, 2004 at 12:43 PM

hi pa. i know the bakery you are talking about, you describe it well. the bakery is called Cafe Kohler & Bakery. and the address is 612 Academy road. i doubt if they have a website but i could find out. it's really small, if you blink you might miss it. but the food is really good and the ambiance is nice. i've never tried any sandwiches but i have tried the bread and the goodies. if you like i could find out the owners name for you as well. have a nice day chris

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mapakettle's Profile Photo

Re: Re: I need the name of this bakery in Winnipeg...

by mapakettle Online Now Oct 21, 2004 at 1:59 PM

Chris, thank you so much. Give my regards to the young German owner, but I'm sure he'd have no idea who you're talking about after this period of time. I used to load up on bread and goodies before I left Wpg to go home. Grab a sandwich while you are there, and correct the spelling on the chalkboard for me. Ma Kettle and I always had a difficult time ignoring the mistakes, but that was the charm. Apple Strudel....mmm, mmm, good. Thanks again. Pa

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines