Windsor Travel Answers

change location
windsortenor's Profile Photo

Market Buffet Rating

by windsortenor Online Now Dec 22, 2006 at 4:07 AM

I find it strange that with most of the listings in the Windsor section,11.00 -20.00 US is considered About Average, but with the buffet it is considered above average. Who sets these standards and why aren't they comparable? As far as setting these standards, I would think that a full buffet at the same price as a "special" would be a better value anyway!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Carmanah's Profile Photo

RE: Market Buffet Rating

by Carmanah Online Now Dec 22, 2006 at 1:12 PM

It's completely arbitrary.

Virtual Tourist has a template where you can choose "about average" "below average" "above average", etc, for restaurants.

The people selecting these criteria... where are they from? What are they comparing it to? "About average" - compared to what? Compared to other restaurants in Windsor? Compared to what you'd pay for an equivalent in London or New York? Compared to a high end restaurant? Compared to McDonalds? Compared to elsewhere in Canada?

I normally take those price ratings with a grain of salt, especially since the template uses American dollars, and Canadian restaurants obviously set their prices in Canadian dollars.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines