Windsor Travel Answers

change location
manuna's Profile Photo

Could you,please,clarify

by manuna Online Now May 5, 2011 at 5:13 AM

I want to buy a combined ticket to Legoland, but I cannot find an option where I can do it online.
southwesttrains.co.uk/legola...
Can I buy train tickets online and then purchase combined ticket (entrance+shuttle bus) when I arrive in London? What is ment buy 'staffed train station'? Is Paddington one of them?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

Re: Could you,please,clarify

by zuriga Online Now May 5, 2011 at 6:23 AM

I'm sure someone will know more than I do, but I think one may have to buy the combined ticket when you are at the train station itself. Paddington is a large one and definitely staffed.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now May 5, 2011 at 9:51 AM

A 'staffed' train station means one which has human beings selling tickets. Paddington does.

The site says:

>You can buy combined rail and entry tickets from our Customer Service Centre or from any staffed train station

which I interpret as meaning you cannot buy the combined ticket online. I have worked through the ticket purchase pages and the offer is not listed.

The 'Customer Service Centre'

southwesttrains.co.uk/contac...

does give the option to buy your tickets by phone and I suspect you might be able to get a combined ticket in this way.

However, the shuttlebus website suggest that you have to buy the combined rail/bus/entrance ticket from a railway station:

firstgroup.com/ukbus/berkshi...

Without a combined ticket you can buy your bus ticket from the driver, but will have to pay for admission separately.

• manuna's Profile Photo

by manuna Online Now May 5, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Thank you for detailed explanation

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines