Windsor Travel Answers

change location

Coming through the Green Line coaches

by nabada Online Now May 3, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Hi,

As my fiance and I will be traveling to London and we are still finalizing the plans, we are thinking of going to Windsor and Eton, through the Green Line coaches.

I am just wondering, do I have to purchase the coach ticket beforehand? Perhaps online? Or can I just find a counter or kiosk and buy my tickets there?

And realistically, if we see everything quick... a same-day return is still doable, right?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Tdiver's Profile Photo

Re: Coming through the Green Line coaches

by Tdiver Online Now May 3, 2008 at 9:10 PM

Buy it on the bus and check my pages for things to do.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now May 3, 2008 at 11:03 PM

It is entirely possible to visit Windsor/Eton in a day.

Greenline timetables here:

greenline.co.uk/__80256E2700...

The 700, 701 and 702 will take you to Windsor (takes around an hour, but be prpared for traffic congestion). They are buses rather than coaches, so you can pay the driver. Fare info here:

rainbowfares.com/fares/green...

An alternative which avoids traffic congestion (and the option I would choose) is to take the train from London Paddington or London Waterloo. Trains are frequent, journey takes 35 - 53 minutes (depending on the train you choose, with or without one change). Return fares from 10.20GBP.

www.nationalrail.co.uk for times and fares.

• stevemt's Profile Photo

by stevemt Online Now May 4, 2008 at 1:15 AM

There are 2 railway stations in Windsor so you can do a kind of round trip which does not travel the same track which would make it more interesting as well

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now May 4, 2008 at 1:22 AM

That's a good idea. But to do that I think you will need to get a single ticket each way. It won't be much more expensive (if at all).

No need to worry about trains being 'full', you can simply buy your ticket at each station just before you leave.

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

by Britannia2 Online Now May 4, 2008 at 2:29 AM

Use the train - buses are always caught up in traffic congestion. If you use Southwest Trains from Waterloo to Windsor they have a discount on admission to the castle - have a look at southwesttrains.co.uk/SWTrai...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines