Windhoek Travel Answers

change location

what to wear in upscale hotel/resturants??

by sherese Online Now Jan 17, 2005 at 6:28 PM

I am travelling in 5 days to Windhoek and staying at the Windhoek Country club or the hotel safari. I am not sure what to wear?? I have only found websites telling me what to wear on safari. I want to blend in and not over dress or under dress. Can someone help me? I don't know what "elegant casual" is?? Thank you so much Sherese

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: what to wear in upscale hotel/resturants??

by MariHaywood Online Now Jan 17, 2005 at 10:24 PM

Windhoek is extremely hot in the somer reaching temp. of 38 degrees celcius easy. A few suggestions would be: Do not wear beachwear like baggie shorts and t-shirts, rather opt for cotton as it stays cool. Bring along your safari clothes for outrides or game rides. For casual wear any neat 3/4 or short pants would do and wear it with a white or natural light floral top or button shirt with or without sleaves. Remember a hat. For dining not to casual and not to smart. I suggest simple black pants with a plane coloured top. You can then dress it down or up with some costume jewelry. Shoes of light leather for the outdoors and leather strap sandles for daytime. A pair of black sandles will do for eveningwear. Enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Rwafish's Profile Photo

Re: Re: what to wear in upscale hotel/resturants??

by Rwafish Online Now Jan 18, 2005 at 6:12 PM

i should think that was obvious by the username. Sorry but mans gotta say...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Windhoek