change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• csuresh's Profile Photo

One day to spend - tips

Lake District National Park Apr 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I am planning to travel from London by Train to Manchester. Then take rental car to Lake District. Then I wanted to spend till noon next day to make return journey. This means I will have almost full 24 hours to spend wisely. Please suggest me an itinerary.

more
    • hassanshawky's Profile Photo

Bus from oxenholme to windermere

by hassanshawky Online Now Aug 3, 2011 at 6:10 AM

How much a bus ride costs from Oxenholme to Windermere ? and how much time it takes?? is there a better transport alternative??

9 Answers Aug 7, 2011 at 1:02 AM
    • need to know

by sidera-asif Online Now Oct 16, 2010 at 1:13 PM

i need brochures about windermeres tourist. if some one knows where i can request a brochure off the internet please let me know.
      which is the best place in windermere to go for shopping?

2 Answers Oct 16, 2010 at 10:34 PM
    • Windermere in August (14th - 16th)

by asitava Online Now Apr 12, 2009 at 1:00 AM

Hi, we will travel to Windermere (Lake District) in Mid August (coming from Dubai) with a 3 year old son and will be staying at Craig Manor Hotel. What's the best way to go to Windermere from Kendal (arriving there from Cheltenham) ? Also, planning to take Full Day 9 Lakes Phtographers tour from Millennium Travel Lake District Tours. Any one knows how good the tour is ? Also, how easy it is to commute in the buses ? Are taxis easily available in Winderemere and Lake District in general ? Sorry, a lot of questions but none of our friends ever traveled to Lake district.

3 Answers Apr 12, 2009 at 4:54 AM
    • windermere

by stefaniadebattista Online Now Aug 26, 2008 at 2:14 AM

hi, i will be visiting windermere next week and i'd like to know what are the main attractions there. what are the places worth visiting and if its possible doing all this without a car??? is it very big???

how's the temperature there?? i live in malta and its really hot at the moment here, but i guess i need to take up winter clothes with me??? what kid of clothing would be appropriate?????

thanks

5 Answers Aug 26, 2008 at 1:10 PM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Kendal-Windermere-Hill Top Farm :Can this be done without a tour?

by christine.j Online Now Feb 25, 2008 at 7:26 AM

I've read about guided tours going to Hill Top Farm, but looking at a map it doesn't seem to be too far from Kendal.
      I'm thinking of taking a train in the early afternoon, from Kendal to Windermere, walking to the ferry, crossing the lake, then walking up to Hill Top Farm.Do you think this is walkable? I'd have to go back the same way in the evening.
      Thank you for any advice.

3 Answers Feb 26, 2008 at 1:38 AM