Wiltshire Travel Answers

change location

Self-catering accommodation for 1 or 2 night(s) in July

by callie20 Online Now Jun 9, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Hello,

I am trying to plan something a bit different for my birthday this year and am looking for some self-catering accommodation that i can book for 1 or 2 nights over the weekend of the 17th/18th July (either the friday and saturday night, or just the saturday night).

I have a had a look on Rental Cottage websites but they all require a 7 night stay during July - does anyone have any good suggestions?!

Thanks so much in advance!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Self-catering accommodation for 1 or 2 night(s) in July

by leics Online Now Jun 9, 2010 at 9:43 AM

I think you will find it very difficult, for the following reasons: short lets are pretty unusual in high season (it is far better for owners to rent for a week when they can...short breaks are mostly offered only in low or mid season), it's the beginning of the school holidays for some LEAs and many places are already fully-booked (and will have been so for some time).

To be honest, I have come across very few cottages anywhere which are available for just one or two nights. Even 'short breaks' are usually 3.

The only suggestion I can offer is that you check late availability on the various cottage sites you will find by googling e.g. 'wiltshire short break cottage'.

A good alternative might be to find a nice rural b&b

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Wiltshire Travel Answer Locations