Wiltshire Travel Answers

change location

planning a short trip

by greedigut Online Now Dec 25, 2003 at 4:36 PM

This Spring my wife and I will be in England for a conference. We're planning to rent a car, but we only have about three days. We are hoping to visit Stonehenge, Avebury and Glastonbury and would like suggestions about other sites in the vicinity. I'd like to find out which barrow(s) would be the best to visit. We are also interested in medieval sites, particularly any interesting church frescoes or sculpture. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Re: planning a short trip

by greedigut Online Now Dec 26, 2003 at 8:01 AM

Thank you. We've been looking through the english heritage site, but I haven't tried the national trust yet. I'm also hoping that someone can give some recomendations from experience about what sights are most interesting to visit, for example which barrow would be the most impressive. Also, unless I'm mistaken, I don't think country churches would be covered by english heritage or the national trust. Last year we were in Pickering and stumbled, purely by acciedent, on a small church with pristine medieval murals. I was hoping that if something like this can be found in or near Wiltshire someone could let us know.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Wiltshire Travel Answer Locations