Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tattoo parlor

Boone Apr 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM

can you get a tattoo in boone

more
    • Beach Access

Nags Head Apr 2, 2014 at 4:11 AM

It looks like our rental is closet to the Curlew Beach Access mp 11.8 (2 blocks from beach access, Memorial Ave.). I see this access has a water fall pipe and is about 6 houses down from the pier. Does anyone have any experience w/ area? I didn't realize the beach location until after renting the house for June. I was wondering if I should seek other accesses such as E. Hollowell St. and drive instead of the short walk to the beach? I am quite disappointed in finding this news out:( Advice would be appreciated.

more
    • Travel Time on I-77

Charlotte Apr 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I will be working near Tyvola Rd. in south charlotte. I can get a great deal on a place right outside uptown. What am I looking at in terms of commuting during the week? It is technically 15 miles away.

more
    • Car Rentals from Vegas to Southern Utah

North Carolina Mar 31, 2014 at 4:08 AM

We're planning ten days in Southern Utah to see the 5 Natl. Parks and several other sites. Can cars be rented in Vegas and driven into Southern Utah? I assume so but can't find confirmation on any rental car web site.

more
    • How much time should I allot for different cities.

Lisbon Apr 9, 2014 at 7:28 PM

We land in Lisbon and I've booked first four nights there. I've also booked three nights in Porto and was undecided how to spend last five days. Now I'm wondering if we should just go straight to Porto then after four days in and around that area, working our way south towards Lisbon. While north I'd like to include stops at Viana do Castelo, and Braga. Then heading south and stopping at Coimbra, Fatima, Evora, and then Lisbon, with Sintra and Cascasis. Does anyone have a suggestion in which order I should do each city? How long will I need to see everything? Am I trying to fit too much into one day. We will not be renting a car, but using train or buses.

more
    • lmongov's Profile Photo

Clean, cheap places near downtown to eat and sleep?

by lmongov Online Now Apr 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM

It has been a long time, since my last trip here. I would like to spend the bulk of my visit in the downtown area. Prices seem to have skyrocketed, so I am looking for value, customer service, fresh seafood.

Failing this, my plan B is a reasonably priced hotel on the city bus line.

I will be searching restaurants with traditional food, like clam fritters, shrimp burgers, spots and croakers, grits, ribs, Eastern Carolina slaw, hot breakfast sausage, iced tea sweetened while it's hot, corn bread, banana pudding, etc.

I am appreciative of any advice that you may offer.

• Lillian90's Profile Photo

Wilmington and One Tree Hill

by Lillian90 Online Now Jun 30, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Hi!

I'm going to Wilmington next week with my sister, mainly because we are fans of One Tree Hill and wanted to see some of the locations that has been used.
      Neither of us has a drivers license, but we would like to go over and see battleship North Carolina, as I understand it is across the river from downtown, but how do you get over there if you don't have a car? And does anyone know if it is possible to hire bikes in wilmington, i can't seem to find anything on the internet, other than a shop out near the beach?
      Most of the things we want to see from the show is within walking distance, but one of the houses is pretty far out (2314 tattersalls drive), and it is one that we would really like to see, do you have any ideas of how to get there from downtown :) ?

And ideas and tips about wilmington in general will be greately appricated, thanks!

5 Answers Jun 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM
    • Lillian90's Profile Photo

Wilmington and Charelston

by Lillian90 Online Now Apr 15, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Hi there :)

I'm going on a holiday with my sister this summer and i was thinking of doing something different and not so touristy(from a Dane's point of view) for the first part. I was thinking of having a week in Wilmington and Charleston, i have already checked that you can get flights from Denmark to Wilmington, though it is with a few stopovers, but how is it to get from the airport to accomodation, and around in generel if you don't have a car, would it be easy just to walk around?
      I was thinking of taking the greyhound from Wilmington to Charleston to get in some scenery in stead of flying, how are the greyhounds in the US i did a lot of travel on them when i traveled in Australia and didn't have any trouble with them at all but have read a few places on line that they are more dodgy in the US?
      And then would it even be possible for two girls do do anything these places without a car and just by walking around.
      Any help or tips would be appreciated :)
      Lillian

7 Answers Apr 28, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    • ameristay hotel in willminton north carolina

by cybill48 Online Now Mar 14, 2010 at 7:02 AM

I would like the phone number of the hotel so I can book a reservation. I prefer not to do it online. thank you

2 Answers Mar 14, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    • What's fun in Wilmington for 18 year old?

by ljourneycake Online Now May 19, 2008 at 6:17 AM

Hey I'm 18 and visiting for two weeks what's fun?

• sorcieus's Profile Photo

ILM airport parking

by sorcieus Online Now Feb 8, 2008 at 6:41 AM

Does anybody know if long term parking is available on ILM?

Thank you

1 Answer Feb 20, 2008 at 7:47 AM
    • Wilmington NC - Help Please

by Beasteh Online Now Jun 29, 2006 at 3:53 AM

OK, after my basic schoolboy error in not underlining the exact Wilmington I meant.

Can anyone help with details about Wilmington NC?

We're already booked into a hotel now, so that's sorted, but what's the nightlife like?
      Anyone got tips for us?
      Things to do, what to see?

We're hoping to get some golf in, any ideas?
      I know there's loads of courses, but what about club hire? Save us carting our own over there.

1 Answer Jul 14, 2006 at 6:57 AM
    • Hotels in Wilmington

by Beasteh Online Now Jun 27, 2006 at 5:34 AM

Just been trying to check some of them out and the reviews are a bit a threadbare to say the least...No photo's either.

Can anyone give a decent guide to say a handful of reasonable places to stay please?
      It'd be much appraciated.

5 Answers Jul 2, 2006 at 3:52 AM
    • The English are coming to Wilmington

by Beasteh Online Now Jun 24, 2006 at 10:56 AM

Hi there.
      We're coming over to watch some footy (soccer), our team Sheffield Wednesday are in the US to play some friendly games, we're playing the HAmmerheads, and I'm just wondering about what the night life, bars and food places are like in Wilmington.

Obviously I've checked out the websites but I wouldn't mind a bit more feedback.

Live music?
      Will we get some on an evening?

Also we wouldn't mind doing a bit of bowling and golf.
      What's available for us?

One last thing...
      Any of the locals going to watch the soccer?

What's the soccer standard like?
      Anyone reading this going?

Thanks,
      Steve:Beasie.

3 Answers Jul 14, 2006 at 6:58 AM
    • Relocating to Wilmington/Cape Fear area

by snsmackay Online Now Jun 20, 2006 at 8:58 PM

My husband and I are planning on relocating to this area mid Jan or Feb of 2007 does anyone know of someone looking for a responsible older couple, with no kids, no pets to house sit for a few months till we can decide where we want to plant our feet. I am a freelance photographer and my husband will be looking for work in the delivery field for example Medical, Fed Ex, UPS etc... Any help or suggestions for either employment or housing would be greatly appreciated.
      Sincerely, Shannon & Scott

• B&B's in Wilmington

by cheriec Online Now Jan 3, 2005 at 5:44 PM

My daughter and I would like to drive to Wilmington the week of March 13th and spend a few days in a B&B. Can we expect the weather to be warm mid-March? What is there to DO besides explore shops and walk along the beach? Are there any B&B's you would recommend? Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 21, 2005 at 5:18 PM
    • Brijb20's Profile Photo

What's hot

by Brijb20 Online Now Nov 4, 2004 at 2:41 PM

My wife and I will be visiting Wilmington for a few days in the begining of May 05. We like a drink, (beer), so would like some advice on where to go and anything else worthy of a visit while we're there. Cheers

3 Answers Jan 19, 2005 at 8:46 AM
    • Wilmington to Salvo

by SusanAW Online Now Sep 6, 2004 at 1:57 PM

My husband and I will be arriving in Wilmington Sept. 10 and will go on to Salvo the next day for a week (if the weather cooperates). What's the best way to get to Salvo? How long will the trip take? Is there a good time of day (weekday) to take the ferry? Any tips on dining in the Salvo area? Thanks very much for any information you can give us.

• Volunteer activities & water activities

by DiannaD Online Now Sep 17, 2003 at 2:21 PM

I am considering relocating to Wilmington. What volunteer environmental activities are available in this area? (my special interests are whales & dolphins.)

2 Answers Sep 17, 2003 at 8:34 PM