Wilmington Travel Answers

change location

B&B's in Wilmington

by cheriec Online Now Jan 3, 2005 at 5:44 PM

My daughter and I would like to drive to Wilmington the week of March 13th and spend a few days in a B&B. Can we expect the weather to be warm mid-March? What is there to DO besides explore shops and walk along the beach? Are there any B&B's you would recommend? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Erindira's Profile Photo

Re: B&B's in Wilmington

by Erindira Online Now Jan 19, 2005 at 8:26 AM

Wilmington in March is beautiful. The weather will probably be pleasant, and the early bloomers should be ... blooming. The redbud and daffodils. I think any B & B downtown would be nice. You could walk to the stores on the waterfront, and through the historic district. I recommend the aquarium in Fort Fisher, and while you are down there, take the ferry to Southport. You get a great view of the river and the waterway. How old is your daughter? What are her interests?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: B&B's in Wilmington

by cheriec Online Now Jan 21, 2005 at 5:18 PM

Thanks for your response. My daughter is almost 23 and in her final year of nursing at university. She'll graduate in April. We like exploring unique shops, hiking, touring and sightseeing. She likes sailing, water sports, kayaking, snowboarding, and is generally an active, outgoing person. (I like to read!) By the way, is the downtown/historic district SAFE for the two of us ladies to explore? Thanks again for your help!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines