Williamsburg

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lake Maury Turtles

Newport News Apr 11, 2014 at 9:49 AM

We want to visit Newport News when the Lake Maury turtles become active this spring. Can you tell me if they are active now or when they might be expected to be ? We like to watch them from the footbridge near the Mariners Museum...and visit the museum as well and dine on wonderful seafood in Newport News. Thank you, Gregory

more
    • shuttle service or car and driver

Norfolk Apr 15, 2014 at 4:34 AM

Is there a shuttle service from norfolk airport to either port haywood or gloucester ? Or is there any other way to travel to these places other than driving.

more
    • Historic Triangle ticket??? And more...

by jachbach Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM

We are planning a week's trip to the Williamsburg area in early December and have some questions about the Historic Triangle multi-day pass.

1. If we have a NPS Golden Access Pass that gets us in to the Colonial National Historic Park, will that get us in to everything we would see or want access to with the Historic Triangle pass? We are trying to avoid paying extra for something we already have access to.

2. If we DON'T have to buy the Historic Triangle Pass, is it best to buy the Williamsburg multi-day pass online ahead of time or just get it when we get there? Any discounts available, like for seniors?

3. Can we still see the demonstrations and outdoor activities without a pass?

4. At the time we are coming (early December), if we plan to spend only 2 days (maybe 3) actually in Historic Williamsburg, is that sufficient time to see most of the places, demonstrations, etc that we might want to see? Are there limits to what is available in winter?

5. How much time would you recommend we allow for Jamestowne & Yorktowne?

6. Any further information and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 27, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    • Tour bus from Williamsburg to Washington DC

by pmlink Online Now Oct 16, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Two of us are planning a trip to Williamsburg and thought it would be nice to visit DC while we were so close. Since we're both seniors with walking concerns, a guided tour would be nice. Any suggestions on reasonably priced tour operators?

2 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM
    • Additional charges for key buildings, events, etc

by sbr3 Online Now Sep 22, 2013 at 8:18 AM

IF I purchase the senior admission pass, what are the additional charges for the Governors Palace and Capitol tours?

1 Answer Sep 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    • bus

by Worldsbestnana01 Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 5:07 AM

We are going to Williamsburg Plantation and need a bus from Amtrack to this site. Is there a bus ?

1 Answer Jul 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    • travel from DC to Willimasburg

by smahhgoub Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I am coming from Washington DC to Williamsburg via Amtrak is Great wolf lodge accessible from Amtrak station

3 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    • Pets

by esfreeman1 Online Now Aug 8, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Are pets allowed and what are the rules regarding pets?

2 Answers Aug 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM
    • Traveling with teens/children

by nerftenn Online Now Jun 20, 2012 at 6:18 AM

I am taking a group of children and teens from Chattanooga to Williamsburg for an educational fun trip. Any suggestions on fun things to do on the way?

2 Answers Jun 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    • Where to stay: Williamsburg or Richmond

by inna1978 Online Now Nov 8, 2011 at 6:41 AM

Hello,
      We are planning driving tour to Virginia (2 couples) and debating where we should book hotel: in Williamsburg or Richmond. Since they are really close to each other we definitely want to visit both towns. We are talking about 2 nights. I see there are a lot of interesting things to do in the evening in Williamsburg, from the other hand - there are tons of nice restaurants in Richmond. Please help!:-)

Thanks in advance!

10 Answers Nov 10, 2011 at 5:50 AM
    • Special

by TheresaL Online Now Oct 3, 2011 at 11:27 AM

My family will be visiting Colonial Williamsburg this weekend. I was just wondering if there is anything they do special for birthdays? We will be celebrating a birthday on Saturday and I wanted what we could do. Also, any suggestions on a tavern we should visit on Saturday night? We have 3 young children with us so anything we do needs to be somewhat kid friendly. Any help and tips would be really appreciated! Thanks so much!

2 Answers Oct 3, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    • Tour bus from Washington, D.C. to Williamsburg, Virginia

by sddaj Online Now Feb 13, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Hello,

Doe anyone know of a tour bus (or other reasonably priced and quick transportation) that goes from the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area to Williamsburg, Virginia? I'm having a difficult time locating one on the internet and would appreciate any help. Thanks so much.
      --Sue

5 Answers Feb 14, 2011 at 4:09 AM
    • Camping In WIlliamsburg?

by drillsar Online Now Jan 31, 2011 at 10:24 AM

I'm going Camping this year in Williamsburg in August, It's down to 2 Resorts.

KOA Williamsburg or chickahominy riverfront park, I think KOA is closer to everything like Busch Gardens, etc

Koa is Expensive, chickahominy riverfront park Is cheaper but is it clean? Im not to concerned about activities, I am concerned about clean restrooms, etc. Also Does KOA have security? chickahominy riverfront park probably dont so thats a concern I guess.

I went to williamsburg as a kid a long time ago and I remember something like how guns are made, blacksmith is this in colonial williamsburg? Also the Ghost Walk I heard there is two

1 Answer Jan 31, 2011 at 10:51 AM
    • Help Needed - Driving Directions from NYC Area to Williamsburg, VA BUT using ..

by pksmr Online Now Aug 2, 2010 at 9:10 AM

the Chesapeake Bay.

We typically travel via 95, we would like to go over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, can you help with directions please?

3 Answers Aug 2, 2010 at 11:48 AM
    • shuttle services?

by lphill Online Now Jun 26, 2010 at 6:18 AM

Are there shuttle services to the Lodge from Newport News International Airport? We are flying in for a conference and didn't particularly want to rent a car for the 3 days. Thank you!

1 Answer Sep 27, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    • Hotel for Granny

by grannie Online Now Oct 4, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Granny and 10 year old arriving/departing via Amtrak. Do not care to rent a car - perfer to walk or use public transit. Can you suggest safe, clean, but low cost hotel near both Amtrak station and Colonial Williamsburg?
      Thank you -

• throwinj's Profile Photo

Nightlife in colonial Williamsburg?

by throwinj Online Now Oct 20, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Group of us late twentysomething/early thirty's are heading down to Williamsburg the weekend of the 24th of October. We're going to hit Howl o Scream Fri and Sat night but will leave the park Saturday night around 10pm to check out some of the nightlife in Williamsburg. We are staying at a hotel on Richmond Rd and would be awesome if i can get any advice on a 'pub crawl' for that area. Also if there are any clubs for dancing in the area, i could sure use the info thanks!

1 Answer Oct 31, 2008 at 10:46 AM
    • heatherhendrix's Profile Photo

Advice for Honeymoon

by heatherhendrix Online Now Sep 25, 2008 at 4:10 PM

I would like all the advice I can get on what to do in Williamsburg, VA. My fiance and I are going there on our honeymoon that last week in October. I have looked at all there is to do there and I have no idea where to start. Should I buy a travel package deal or should I wait till we get there to buy tickets? Also advice on where to stay would be nice. We are wanting a nice hotel, but not too pricey. We aren't going to be in it that much so we would rather use our money on other things. But we don't want to stay in a run down place either. We thought about driving out to VA Beach one of our days and viewing all the lighthouses and attractions out there. But we are more interested in the colonial part so that's where we want to spend the majority of our trip. So any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
      Heather Crane/Hendrix (to be)

2 Answers Sep 26, 2008 at 9:39 AM
    • williamsburg trip

by tinadr Online Now Jul 6, 2008 at 11:37 AM

were planning on visiting williamsburg for 5-6 days this July. Is it better to buy the 7-4-1 ticket or buy individually

1 Answer Jul 6, 2008 at 11:45 AM
    • christiana cambell tavern

by ewileman Online Now Jan 13, 2008 at 11:42 AM

We visited your restaraunt several years ago and enjoyed the small mini corn muffins. I am unable to locate a recipe for these. Can you help?

2 Answers Jan 14, 2008 at 3:55 PM
    • The Raleigh Tavern

by tsraleigh Online Now Oct 14, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Is it at all possible to hold a small wedding ceremony (40 people) at The Raleigh Tavern? It would be in a years time.
      Thankyou,
      Tim Raleigh

1 Answer Oct 14, 2007 at 5:42 PM
    • Breakfast tour

by vangulickn Online Now Apr 27, 2007 at 7:40 AM

I'm coming to Williamsburg with a car club and we would like to get out early in the morning, drive for a while, then stop for breakfast, then drive back. Perhaps 30 miles out for the drive. Is there a great place to stop for breakfast along a route 30 miles out in either direction. Preferably a pretty ride. Maybe on the way to Yorktown, Norfolk, etc.
      We could have as many as 20 or 30 descend on the resturant at one time so we need either a couple of ideas or a large place.
      Thank you,

1 Answer May 9, 2007 at 3:38 AM
    • Nice Hotels near Williamsburg Winery

by LadyT1 Online Now Apr 20, 2007 at 5:02 AM

Can anyone suggest a real nice and clean hotel near the Williamsburg Winnery?

1 Answer Apr 21, 2007 at 7:12 AM
    • embroidered stockings

by karenhuntley Online Now Feb 18, 2007 at 4:35 AM

im keen to come and buy some embroidered stockings-can you send detailka? Best wishes
      Karen

1 Answer Feb 18, 2007 at 7:06 AM
    • Old Time Resturante

by sahurst Online Now Feb 8, 2007 at 6:40 PM

I am taking 12 high school students to Williamsburg in the spring. I am looking for a resturante with an old time theme. OR even a B&B that would hold a nice dinner for them.....any ideas would be great...
      sue

2 Answers Feb 26, 2007 at 10:34 AM
    • Christmas Lunch at King's Tavern

by Joiscardo Online Now Nov 20, 2006 at 7:22 PM

Anyone had Christmas lunch at King's Tavern? What is the general menu and serving arrangement?

• Thanksgiviing in Williamsburg

by cblondie22 Online Now Sep 8, 2006 at 2:39 PM

My family will be spending Thanksgivign 2007 in Williamsburg and I am looking for accomodations. I will need 6-7 rooms. I would love to stay in a historical home verus a hotel chain. Any suggestions? Can I rent rooms in a plantation?

2 Answers Nov 13, 2006 at 10:15 AM
    • Special Activities in Williamsburg

by michaelsmalley Online Now Jul 22, 2006 at 7:00 PM

My wife and I are coming to Williamsburg next May (2007) for a week and someone told me next year was a special year for Williamsburg. Like 400th anniversary or something. If this is true do you know of any special activities going on that we might want to plan our trip around or is there a good web site to check on local activities. Thanks a lot.

Mike S.

3 Answers Aug 26, 2006 at 6:41 AM
    • Capital Landing Road

by marymaryva Online Now Jun 7, 2006 at 3:45 PM

Would someone know about the King William Inn (or is it the Travelodge King William?) We have reservations for next May there. We have previosly stayed at the Country Hearth Inn and Suites and have no complaints about that, the location was perfect. I would like to know about the Capital Landing Road area, is it safe? It seemed so last year. What can you tell me about the area around the King William? Any reviews would be appreciated.

1 Answer Jun 10, 2006 at 8:07 AM
    • Music

by Armidillar Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 11:24 AM

Is there any where in or around Williamsburg that has live music?

2 Answers Jul 25, 2007 at 4:05 AM
    • Discounted Tickets 1 day only

by chabab Online Now Apr 5, 2006 at 10:03 AM

Looking for discounted one day only tickets to Colonial Williamsburg for two adults. Is there such a thing?

• 1smartblonde's Profile Photo

Any one go on a Ghost Tour???

by 1smartblonde Online Now Oct 5, 2005 at 8:19 AM

We are going in the weekend of Oct 20 and since its Halloween time thought we would get into the spirit and go on a ghost tour. I know their a tourist trap but, it is something for the kids to do in the evening. I found two on the Internet.
      1. Run by the Williamsburg organization called:
      "Legends,Mysteries,Myths,and Ghosts" tour
      2. Run by a Private operator called:
      "Ghosts of Williamsburg" Tour

I also saw one in Yorktown. Has anyone been on any of these? Or has an opinion if one is better than the other?

4 Answers Sep 16, 2006 at 8:56 AM