Williamsburg Travel Answers

change location

Old Time Resturante

by sahurst Online Now Feb 8, 2007 at 6:40 PM

I am taking 12 high school students to Williamsburg in the spring. I am looking for a resturante with an old time theme. OR even a B&B that would hold a nice dinner for them.....any ideas would be great...
sue

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

RE: Old Time Resturante

by zuriga Online Now Feb 9, 2007 at 2:33 AM

If you mean an old time theme as in colonial then the best place (I don't know their current prices) is The King's Arms right in the restored village. It really puts one in the mood for seeing all the sights. I'm sure there are lots of other restaurants to choose from... I just haven't been there in awhile.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Care824's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Old Time Resturante

by Care824 Online Now Feb 26, 2007 at 10:34 AM

The other taverns in Colonial Williamsburg are:

Chowning's
    Shields
    Christiana Campbell's

CW operates each tavern on a cycle, so it is in your best interest to call to see which ones will be open during your trip. Reservations at any of the taverns are a must for a group as large as yours. Their number is 1-800-TAVERNS or (757) 229-2141.

Chowning's would probably be my favorite of the bunch.

As far as privately operated "colonial" theme restaurants in greater Williamsburg, there aren't any that come to mind that serve dinner. Mama Steve's is a pancake house on Richmond Rd. open for breakfast and lunch. It has a colonial flair, and really good food.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines