Williamsburg Travel Answers

change location

Thanksgiviing in Williamsburg

by cblondie22 Online Now Sep 8, 2006 at 2:39 PM

My family will be spending Thanksgivign 2007 in Williamsburg and I am looking for accomodations. I will need 6-7 rooms. I would love to stay in a historical home verus a hotel chain. Any suggestions? Can I rent rooms in a plantation?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Care824's Profile Photo

RE: Thanksgiviing in Williamsburg

by Care824 Online Now Sep 10, 2006 at 7:20 AM

There are several B&B's right in the colonial part of town, run out of old historic homes. Try http://www.bandbwilliamsburg.com/ for more info.

You might also have some luck searching for "Williamsburg vacation rentals" to find a house to rent all to yourself.

And if that doesn't work out, the Hospitality House is a hotel, but not a chain. It is decorated with a antique-y colonial flair. It's very nice for the price (around100/night the last time I checked), their restaurants are very good, and it has a great location too. It's directly across from the W&M football stadium on Richmond Rd. About 3 blocks walking distance from Merchant's Square and Duke of Gloucester St.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Thanksgiviing in Williamsburg

by zoey96 Online Now Nov 13, 2006 at 10:15 AM

Check the Colonial Williamsburg web sites: www.colonialwilliamsburg.com or www.history.org. CW rents rooms in the Colonial Houses, several of which would accommodate a party needing 6 - 7 rooms. Some of the Colonial Houses are original buildings and they would be very different than staying in a hotel chain.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines