Williamsburg Travel Answers

change location

Capital Landing Road

by marymaryva Online Now Jun 7, 2006 at 3:45 PM

Would someone know about the King William Inn (or is it the Travelodge King William?) We have reservations for next May there. We have previosly stayed at the Country Hearth Inn and Suites and have no complaints about that, the location was perfect. I would like to know about the Capital Landing Road area, is it safe? It seemed so last year. What can you tell me about the area around the King William? Any reviews would be appreciated.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Care824's Profile Photo

RE: Capital Landing Road

by Care824 Online Now Jun 10, 2006 at 8:07 AM

In my opinion, it's not very hard to get to places from most anywhere in Williamsburg. It's just that some of the roads never end up where you would expect them to, if you're unfamiliar with the town. Capitol Landing would be a pretty good base for you. You're right on the corner of the Bypass Rd to get out to the restaurants and outlets on Richmond Rd. You're very close to Colonial Williamsburg and one of the entrances to the Colonial Parkway for Jamestown or Yorktown. It's also very easy to get to Rt. 60 East to go out to Busch Gardens.

I have not lived there in a while, but when I did, I never felt unsafe in that area. We had our wedding on campus at W&M, and I felt it's safe enough to have half of our family staying on that road. Just use common sense about not leaving valuables in cars, etc, etc and you will be fine.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines