Williamsburg Travel Answers

change location

What are the best hotels to stay in during my visit to Williamsburg, Va?

by rock362 Online Now Apr 27, 2004 at 9:11 AM

What are the best hotels to stay in during my visit to Williamsburg, VA? We will be visiting Busch Gardens and would like somewhere near that is reasonable and nice.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: What are the best hotels to stay in during my visit to Williamsburg, Va?

by bratinola1 Online Now May 11, 2004 at 7:54 PM

That really depends on how many people in your party. You can get reasonable accomodations at the Kings Creek Plantation Resort, if you use Redweek.com, for a small member fee of15. Kings Creek is just down the road from Busch Gardens. But it would only be economical if you'd be saving on the cost of two hotels rooms. The Days Inn Busch Gardens is "kitty corner" from Kings Creek, and fairly reasonable as well. I would suggest finding a hotel closer to Colonial Williamsburg, though, or risk being pigeon holed into an area that is hard to navigate. Nice/reasonable hotels that would allow you and/or your family to navigate the are better, plus see many of the other charming aspects of Williamsburg, are located all along Rt.60, or Richmond Rd, as it's called, and the Rt. 60 Bypass Rd.. Quarterpath Inn is a motel, but clean, friendly, and their website also has packages that include Busch Gardens, or Colonial tickets. Comfort Inn Historic Area, is also nice, and reasonable for the area. It's located on Bypass Rd. Smarter Living members also receive up to a 20% discount on Choice Hotels ( ie:Comfort, Clarion, Quality, etc.), for signing up for their free membership. I have been visiting Williamsburg yearly for 17 years, and I'll let you in on some secrets. There is no one magic road, or area that is less expensive. The room rates can very widely along a 1/4 mile stretch. The best rule of thumb is, if the rate seems to good to be true, it probobly is for a reason!!! If you find something that is40 a night in June, do A LOT of research on the property. Trip advisor is also a good tool for this. Unbiased consumer opinions on almost evry hotel in Williamsburg. Williamsburg is not the cheapest place to sleep, but sometimes it pays to pay a little more. And certainly research your choice before booking. Hope this helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines