Williamsburg Travel Answers

change location

travel from DC to Willimasburg

by smahhgoub Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I am coming from Washington DC to Williamsburg via Amtrak is Great wolf lodge accessible from Amtrak station

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

Re: travel from DC to Willimasburg

by riorich55 Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by accessible, but if you mean can you walk there from the Amtrak Station in Williamsburg then the answer is no. According to Mapquest from the Williamsburg Amtrak Station to the Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg it is about 7 miles. As the Lodge appears to be located north of the city and just off a major Interstate Highway I think you will have to either take a cab or there is a possibility that the Lodge has a shuttle service that might pick you up.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • starship's Profile Photo

by starship Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 12:20 PM

The Great Wolf Lodge is certainly not in walking distance of the Amtrak station nor any of Williamsburg's main attractions. From taking a quick look at its website, I don't see shuttle transportation as one of its amenities; however, that doesn't mean they don't necessarily have some kind of arrangement for transportation for customers. Unless you are planning to stay exclusively at the resort, what would be more concerning to me is how to visit Colonial Williamsburg or other attractions if you are not renting a car. I would suggest calling the Lodge to find out if they will arrange pickup for you or whether you must get a taxi and to find out whether they provide other shuttle services; from that info. you can decide what else you are likely to do/not do in Williamsburg in order to then decide about whether renting a car will be a necessity.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• glabah's Profile Photo

by glabah Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM

They do have a bus service that connects some of the attractions in the area, but it isn't clear to me if the Great Wolf Lodge is one of the places served:
    gowata.org/Pages/Attractions...
    http://gowata.org/Pages/map.html

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines