Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Wilayat Kassala Travel Answer Locations

• cwhit21's Profile Photo

Upcoming Carnival

Kassala Feb 17, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Hi, so far I have read once that during carnival most things shut down. Meaning public transport from city to city, is this true? Ideally I would not like to be in Las Tablas for 4 days because the buses are are not running. Besides renting a car to get around, most people usually stay put when carnival is happening, correct? That and I hear most go out to the countryside?

thanks charles

4 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM
    • Hotels in Kassala

Kassala Aug 31, 2013 at 6:12 AM

I´m looking for a hotel in Kassala and would like to get any recommendations if you have! Especially about the prices.... Thanks!

• Sudan

Wilayat Kassala Sep 13, 2010 at 1:48 AM

What will 100 sudanses local pound get you in kassala in terms of shopping and living expenses

1 Answer Nov 18, 2010 at 3:47 AM
    • Rashaida Arabic

Wilayat Kassala Jul 14, 2006 at 8:05 AM

Hey Maykal I dont now if you still use this forum , but I was curious about the Rashaida Arabic you talked about.I know its also known as Hijazi Arabic or Saudi Arabic , but what did you mean that its pure or clear?Is it easier to understand than Sudanese araboc? Or what did you mean?
      thnx Dude

• from Kassala to Gondar

Wilayat Kassala Jul 18, 2004 at 2:24 AM

has anybody experience in travelling from Kassala to Gondar using public transportation

2 Answers Oct 23, 2004 at 1:08 AM
    • maykal's Profile Photo

Floods in Kassala

Wilayat Kassala Aug 8, 2003 at 8:28 AM

Just thought I'd mention something about a small disaster that has happened here in Kassala. Ten days ago, the Gash River burst its banks and flooded the city. Many parts of the city have been destroyed, with an unknown number of dead, and ten thousand families made homeless. There has been no electricity in many parts of the city, and drinking water is obviously a big problem. Relief agencies are trying their best to cope, but still thousands of people are without a roof over their heads as there seems to be delays in getting tents to those affected. I've only just managed to leave the city, and have to say that it is in a real mess. The first two days of the floods, I was walking around in water up to my chest trying to get home to my house, and now the city is full of thick mud. Many houses collapsed under the force of the water, including my next door neighbours'. The main souq is operating, with fully functional shops next to semi demolished ones...a very strange sight. Having just checked my e-mail, I was a bit disappointed not to have any "hope you are OK" e-mails from family and friends ...so did anyone else hear about them, or have I been abandoned by friends and family?! If nothing has been mentioned in the media, then this is my bit to change that... Soggy greetings from Kassala Michael

6 Answers Oct 3, 2003 at 6:12 PM