Travel Answers
Wilaya d' Oran

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Englsh speaking guide in Tamanrasset...?

Wilaya de Tamanghasset Jul 18, 2014 at 3:52 AM

I have a visa to Alergia, ticket to Tam...but the guide I was in contact with has disappeared. Anyone have a contact of a company that can set something up ? Leaving soon! I have some French...SOME..and a tiny bit of Arabic..but phrasebooks.. :--) any ideas?

more
    • How much cost a bus or train Alger- Annaba and where can i book it?

Algeria Jul 2, 2014 at 3:49 AM

How much cost a bus or train Alger- Annaba and where can i book it?

more
    • maykal's Profile Photo

Money in Algeria

Algeria Jun 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Just sent my visa application to the Algerian Consulate in London, so hopefully will be in Algeria in August (I know it isn't the best time to travel, but I've always wanted to go and this is the only time I can!).

Now I'm wondering about money. Will I be able to withdraw cash from ATMs using a debit or a credit card, or do I need to take enough cash with me? I've got the Bradt guide from 2007 which says there are very few ATMs that don't always take foreign cards, but 7 years later maybe things have changed.

Are British pounds easy to exchange, or should I take Euros? Any other advice about where to exchange money would also be welcome.

more
    • Boattrip Alger

Algeria Jul 11, 2014 at 2:31 AM

Is there any chance that we can make a boattrip/ dive in Alger??

JUST FOR 1 DAY!!  so not a ferry to Marseille etc. but a little boat... If so, where can i book it and what is the price?

more
    • vanessacosta's Profile Photo

Travel with my son to Algeria

Algeria Jul 8, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Hello there,

I want to travel with my 2 year old son for Algeria. We are of Portuguese origin. I'm not married or divorced, I'm a single mother. I want to know what we need to go to Algeria. Quesque I need and quesque my son need? Can you give me any info please?

Thank you,
      Vanessa

more
    • GulsahG's Profile Photo

Money submit & change

Algeria Jul 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Do I have to submit my money (dolars or euros) to someone in airport? And for example, if I forget to submit how much money I have, can I still exchange it to dinars in Alger?

more
    • cwaterbury's Profile Photo

Black Market Rate in Algiers

Algeria Jul 7, 2014 at 10:55 PM

How easy is it to change Dollars on the black market? What is the present rate approx?

more

Popular Wilaya d' Oran Travel Answer Locations

• tobacco from Algeria

Oran May 25, 2014 at 6:25 AM

How much duty payed tobacco can I bring back from Algeria into the uk legally. I know that for duty free tobacco the guidlines are 200 cigarettes or 250g of tobacco. I wanted to know how much Tobacco I can take back with me if it is bought in Algeria and is taxed already?

• Wearing Shorts

Oran May 22, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Are you allowed to wear shorts in Algeria. do people see this as inappropriate?

3 Answers May 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM
    • Vita notturna ad Orano

Oran May 1, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Quando e cosa fare ad Orano la notte?

4 Answers May 4, 2014 at 1:22 PM
    • OceanToLove's Profile Photo

Oran Algeria

Oran Dec 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I am wanting to go to Algeria... I am a woman and will be alone... is it safe? Is there anything I should know about before I go? Thanx :) Jeanette

4 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    • andre43's Profile Photo

foreign traveller

Oran Apr 11, 2008 at 8:01 PM

If I choose to visit Oran alone and do not speak French or Arabic, will I be able to hire an English or Spanish speaking guide with no plroblem? Andre

1 Answer Apr 18, 2008 at 2:16 PM
    • Spain to Algeria

Wilaya d' Oran Apr 12, 2007 at 9:40 AM

Hi, I am planning to visit Algeria this autumn via Spain. I know that a crossing runs between Alicante in Spain and Oran in Algeria. Would like to know if Oran is good cultural place to visit for a few days. I have been trying to get a book about Algeria but have been unable to locate one apparently Lonely Planet is publishing one later this year - any ideas?

Any help is much apreciated. Elizabeth

3 Answers Apr 21, 2007 at 2:14 PM
    • Going to Oran, Algeria

Oran Jan 8, 2006 at 9:56 PM

Salut les amis:
      I will be going on vacation to Oran, Algeria summer 2006.
      I would like to have names of good hotels, were it is safe for a woman alone to stay.
      Also if you have prices per night, either in dollars or dinars.

1 Answer Oct 14, 2006 at 7:23 PM
    • andre43's Profile Photo

genealogy research

Wilaya d' Oran Jun 13, 2005 at 1:09 PM

is there anyone in Oran who can help me with genealogy research of my grandfather's family? The Catholic church closed their records a couple of months ago and I never hear from La Mairie when I write to them. Help

• Mahoud's Profile Photo

A visit to Oran?

Oran Jun 8, 2004 at 1:51 PM

Hello. I am new here and my own Page is just in the beginning but, anyway, maybe someone can help me by my intention to visit Oran. I live in Germany and a friend of mine lives in Oran. I like to visit him but i am not sure if it's possible. There is the problem that i don't speak any france, only english and of course only some words arabic. And i am not sure how safe it is for a european man in north Algeria. Then i need a visa. Can i get a visa without any travel agenture only with a private Invitation? I think about to go to Oran in Oktober or November. How is the season in that time? Also i would be very thankful for any tips and help. Best wishes to you and thank's.

25 Answers Jul 29, 2005 at 1:15 AM
    • sending flowers by internet

Oran Mar 9, 2003 at 6:20 AM

is there a site where i could order flowers from france, to be delivered in Oran?? thanks in advance

3 Answers Dec 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM